Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Last summer I stumbled across a lowrider show completely at random (I'd taken the train down to fair park to just walk around and check out the buildings again), though unfortunately just as it was ending. Still managed to get some shots of several cars as they were leaving while I was waiting on my bus - some of them will fit in this thread. http://imgur.com/a/CSrk0

LobsterboyX, you'd love the venue - it was at Fair Park in Dallas, which is all 30s-era Art Deco buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry to hear. 68 is way, way too young to go.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'd be up for those covers too, if you wind up getting a bunch from the guy.

Furniture chat. Maybe a little newer than your tastes, but my mother sent me a picture of "a ratty old dresser" that was being auctioned at an estate sale. I told her to go ahead and bid on it for me. She sent a picture of her monitor. :v: Looked to be nice though.

Got it for $55.

Laughably bad mother picture:

Got it home today. Turns out it's in pretty nice shape aside from some stains in the top, and the handles are pitted. Built by R Way. Figured something mid-century would fit in this thread.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I had a super slim crt, that was allegedly "HD." No HDMI, but it had component, and my 360 looked good on it.

My parents have a 1080p CRT. No HDMI either, though it has 3 component inputs.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterboyX posted:

This project has been going on for years!, this is my buddys '70 C10 with a 6L Vortec and the 6 speed auto trans - full restomod - all computer controlled. He's just getting to the final assembly state, Every time I go to help him, I realize that I don't think I'd ever undertake a full build like this. He's basically spent the same as a brand new truck..

All the style of the 70 C10, with the reliability and power of a modern drivetrain? I'm okay with that, and it'll be a hell of a lot cooler than a modern truck. Probably a lot faster too, modern Silverados are heavy pigs. :getin:

• Locked thread