Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welcome to Awful Survivor: YLLS. In a new season shrouded in mystery, players are about to embark upon the forums adventure of a lifetime! A new group of contestants from different walks of life and different subforums of posting has already been contacted. Ahead of them lies an arduous journey of new friends and new adversaries, a road rife with tentative trust and staggering betrayals. Through it all, one player will emerge as the Sole Survivor, and be the winner of a $75 Amazon gift card.

All will be revealed when the game starts with a bang on Monday, 4/13, at 8:30PM EST. You won't want to miss it! I will open the thread and begin the game at that time.

This game will attempt to run on a regular schedule. We will try to keep your weekends clear and will only have appointment challenges at most twice a week, but if you have a date at Tribal Council, you'll be paying this thread an additional visit. Councils are tentatively planned to begin at 5:30PM EST, and, in order to make this convenient to you, you may arrive any time starting from then and continuing until Council closes several hours later at about 10:30 PM EST, with results to be posted roughly 30 minutes after all votes are received or Tribal Council closes. While exceptions are always possible, we hope to routinely begin challenges at 8:30PM EST.

Tribal immunity, individual immunity, and hidden immunity idols will all be in this game and work as in regular Survivor.

You may contact me via PM, over AIM (blid) or on Skype (fastluck). During work hours, your best bet is PM. Your primary co-moderator is Pinterest Mom, with other guest mods and co-mods to be announced.

There will be a confessional booth in your tribe doc. You are expected to submit regular confessionals of your private thoughts, feelings, plans, and so on. Have fun with it. These confessionals will be enjoyed by the viewers and will not be shared with other active players or jurors under any circumstances.

PREVIOUSLY ON...SURVIVOR
Episode 1: Immunity Challenge: Jumping Course and Slide Puzzle | Tribal Council (Sexy)
Episode 2: Immunity Challenge: Jumping Puzzle | Tribal Council (Sexy)
Episode 3: Shuffle and Challenge Assignment | Immunity Challenge: Sexy Runway Show | Tribal Council (Swole)
Episode 4: Immunity Challenge: Swole Lifting Contest | Tribal Council (Swole)
Episode 5: Immunity Challenge: Quotation Hell | Tribal Council (Swole)
Episode 6: Reward Challenge | Immunity Challenge: Haggle | Tribal Council (Sexy) | Tribal Council (Swole)
Episode 7: Immunity Challenge: Awful Feud | Tribal Council (Sexy)
Episode 8: Merge | Immunity Challenge: Awful Survivor Auction | Tribal Council
Episode 9: Immunity Challenge: Extreme Coconut Chop | Tribal Council
Episode 10: Immunity Challenge: Relay | Tribal Council
Episode 11: Immunity Challenge: Earth Express | Tribal Council
Episode 12: Immunity Challenge: Awful Crossword | Tribal Council
Episode 13: Immunity Challenge: Monster Relay | Tribal Council
Episode 14: Rites of Passage | Immunity Challenge: Endurance Posting | Ep 13 Reward Challenge results: Gross Eating Challenge | Tribal Council
Episode 15: Final Tribal Council

THE TRIBE

Jeff's Weeners
Winner and Sole Survivor: MMM, 6 votes
Runner-up: AnAnonymousIdiot, 1 vote
Third place: DoggPickle, 0 votes

Eliminated players :rip:
THE JURY
imgay, VOTE: AnAnonymousIdiot
Chic Trombone, VOTE: MMM
garthoneeye, VOTE: MMM
Jato, VOTE: MMM
Strong Mouse, VOTE: MMM
AnonymousNarcotics, VOTE: MMM
Rurea, VOTE: MMM

CirclMastr
D. Coil
Recursive
Poison Mushroom
Met
HiipFire
EXAKT Science
Captain Monkey

MANGOSTEEN™ Player of the Season
MMM

VIEWER'S VISTA

This season, almost all talk moved to Skype, but here are the other docs from the game:
Ponderosa | Jeff's Weeners (merged tribe camp) | Ultra Swole camp | Super Sexy camp | Sexy Tribe camp | Swole Tribe camp

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

EARLIER SEASONS

Links to previous threads:

Awful Survivor: Goons in Platoons
Awful Survivor: ADTRW
Awful Survivor: BYOB
Awful Survivor: Pet Island
Awful Survivor: Sports Argument Stadium
Awful Survivor: Goons With Spoons
Awful Survivor: GBS
Something Awful SURVIVOR

Awful Big Brother

:siren:RULES:siren:
Please, please read these rules carefully. This will help us avoid trouble down the road. By signing up for this game, you are effectively toxxing yourself, and sufficient violation of these rules may result in :siren:AN ENORMOUS 100,000 HOUR PROBATION!!:siren:

GAME MECHANICS
  • There will be 16-20 players. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.
  • Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. Tribes may shuffle or change before an eventual merge brings all remaining players together. You must work both with and against others if you wish to become... the Sole Survivor.
  • You are playing for a grand prize! The winner will receive a $75 Amazon.com gift card, with the runner-up winning $25. Sharing of this prize or otherwise bribing another player is expressly forbidden and will have you ejected from this game.
  • Tribal Councils (in which one player is eliminated from the game) will be held over a date and time appointed following the previous challenge. Participation is required in order to vote, after which time votes will be submitted privately to me (Fast Luck) and later posted without attribution. The player with the most votes will be eliminated from the game. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote.
  • If someone does not submit a valid vote at Tribal Council, their vote will be cast against themselves! A player who quits this game will not be eliminated until they fail to vote in two consecutive Tribal Councils. Upon failing to vote in the second council, they will automatically be the player eliminated from the tribe, regardless of the total number of votes.
  • Tribal challenges will have the tribes competing against each other, with the losing tribe forced to go to Tribal Council.
  • In the individual phase of the game, all active players will go to Tribal Council. The winner of an individual immunity challenge will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out in the form of an immunity necklace. This necklace may be passed to another player, but only if you inform me prior to Tribal Council.
  • The hidden immunity idol is in play this season. In order to claim a hidden idol, you must be the first to PM me its location. The idol will contain text telling you that it is an idol, so you will know it when you see it.
  • Idols are played at Tribal Council. To play the idol, you must tell me that you are playing it and on whom you are playing it when you send me the PM containing your vote, before the votes are read. The idol may be played on either yourself or another player. All votes cast against the player on whom the idol is used will be invalidated. Each idol can only be used once. The idol only works if it is played. The idol will no longer work after the final five Tribal Council.
  • Outside of Tribal Council, you may also transfer ownership of the Hidden Immunity Idol to anybody on your tribe. To do so, just PM me to let me know you are giving it up to someone.

COMMUNICATION MECHANICS
  • You may post in this thread unless instructed otherwise. However, as you would expect in Survivor, you may only privately communicate with members of your own tribe. You may communicate with your own tribe almost however you wish.
  • However, you may NOT talk privately when you are in Tribal Council. During Tribal Council all communication must be in thread, and anyone not participating in Tribal Council should not post.
  • You also may NOT share chat logs with other players. This means no copy pasting or screenshots. Survivors don't have recording devices. Paraphrase only.
  • Also, we'd like to have as much information as possible about the game to share with viewers. Therefore, mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, etc. Contact me with access information. You don't need to do this if you are just communicating one on one with another player. However, if anything crucial happens in a private conversation with another single player, you are encouraged to share it via the confession booth.
  • Once you have been eliminated, you may NOT talk with active players.
  • A certain subset of eliminated players will form the jury and be called upon to decide the winner at the end of the game. Jurors may NOT talk to active players or players eliminated in the pre-jury phase.
  • When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No tricky stuff to sneak in a longer message is allowed.
  • Spectator posts are permissible by people not participating in the game, as long as it is not done in a way to assist or harm any active player.
  • NO EDITING YOUR POSTS! Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity and frequency. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID
  • Any attempts to circumvent these rules or other obviously hosed up behavior can be punished!

RULES FOR THE VIEWER'S VISTA
  • There will be a special Viewer's Only page, where non-players can see some content unavailable in the thread or to the actual players of the game, ranging from player's confessionals and snippets of their out of thread interactions to their voting histories and some advance knowledge on upcoming twists and turns, along with some other perks. If you would like access to the Vista, please PM me a request. However...
  • What goes on in the Vista, stays in the Vista. This is by far the most important rule of the viewer's vista. Nothing that is posted in there may be posted in the thread or leaked to players. Keep it in the Vista!!!
  • You are not allowed to communicate with the players in the game. Unless they were voted out pre-jury, you flat out cannot communicate with any player of the game as long as it is going on. This is essential to keep things fair and to avoid providing information to players that could impact the game.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Sexy Tribe

Anonymousnarcotics

26/F/NY
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I wanna make forum friends!

Captain Monkey
[No Avatar]
30/M/TX
Why you're totally going to win: Because I'm going to be super dedicated. I have little to no shame when it comes to dumb challenges, and I have the free time to put my all into the challenges.

EXAKT Science

24/M/ME
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I've never played before, and I love social games. I also want to hang out with (and probably backstab) my forums friends, and make some new friends (and backstab them) too.

HiipFire

17/M/Netherlands
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: Cause I am 17 and extremely mature.

Jato

22/M/VA
Why you're totally going to win: I have a finely honed fashion sense, I'm swole as gently caress (i've been going to the gym for a WHOLE MONTH now!), and I like to cook food, some of which is healthy and nutritious (like this hot buttered rum I'm currently drinking)!

Met

25/M/CA
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: Big fan of the television show and I'm excited to see if I can apply my knowledge of the show to a forum game like this.

Recursive

41/M/MN
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: Since I can't say "For the money, duh.", I'll say I want to play for all the tostitos, all the golden manbabies, all the fives. The e-cred for winning this will be well over 9000.

Strong Mouse

22/M/CA
Why you're totally going to win: Nobody's going to expect me to be nearly as amazing as I actually am. Also, school is the only other thing going on for me right now, so I have plenty of time.

Poison Mushroom

24/F/MD
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I'm not completely satisfied with how things went in GiP. My exit was really dramatic and memorable, and that's not nothing, but I feel like I was really naive about a couple things. Specifically, I publicly denounced certain tactics that I felt were underhanded., but then forgot to make sure that I wasn't taken out by them. I think (or at least hope) that I can do better this time, without getting too underhanded myself.

The Swole Tribe

AnAnonymousIdiot

25/M/MT
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I've seen this on the forums so many times that I was curious to see what playing in this would be like, never mind the political paranoia that may likely develop. Also I am in the strange mood to pile all the obligations on my head that I can.

CirclMastr
[No Avatar]
32/M/CA
Why you're totally going to win: Beginner's luck.

Chic Trombone

21/F/TN
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I've heard it's a fun time from my fellow mafia goons

D. Coil

25/M/MD
Why you're totally going to win: I'm unemployed and don't have a girlfriend or any semblance of a life other than taking care of my mom so I'll have more free time to focus on the game than everyone else. That's called "already making strategic moves even before we start playing."

DoggPickle

36/F/VA
Why you're totally going to win: I haven't been posting on S.A. in years and I've never really used the site to make friends, so I'm pretty much a total unknown. I also don't have a job so I have nothing better to do that watch a 3 hour game of Battleship.

garthoneye

29/M/TX
Why you want to play Awful Survivor: I got voted out first last season and I'm here to redeem myself.

imgay

24/M/FL
Why you're totally going to win: im the best

Rurea

24/M/CA
Why you're totally going to win: i have a rapist wit

MMM Whatchya Say

20/M/Canada
"Why you're totally going to win: ""There's only one way I can explain this:

He's back again, and about time too!
And this time, he's in the mood!
He's bigger, he's older and stronger too!
He's the first member of the DK crew!

He has no style, he has no grace
This dude has a funny face!
He may move slow, he can't jump high
But MMM's one hell of a guy!""

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 23, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Welcome to Survivor: You Look Like poo poo! In this season based on the You Look Like poo poo subforum, we'll be starting with two tribes, the Sexy tribe and the Swole tribe.

First off, let's bring out the Sexy tribe. The Sexy tribe, now meeting for the first time, consists of...
Anonymousnarcotics!
Captain Monkey!
EXAKT Science!
HiipFire!
Jato!
Met!
Recursive!
and Strong Mouse!

And now, the Swole tribe! Let's bring them out here! Here they are...
AnAnonymousIdiot!
CirclMastr!
Chic Trombone
D. Coil!
DoggPickle!
garthoneye!
imgay!
and Rurea!

Welcome, everyone. [Everyone shakes hands and hugs with their new tribemates.]

But wait... what's this? [Chopper noise is heard and soon a helicopter screams into view.]

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Excited!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi imgay

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I look forward to this. :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Woohoo I'm sexy!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice to mean everyone

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hi everybody!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ditto.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We have two popular former players joining the game! Joining the Sexy tribe, an explosive player who fell victim to a hidden idol play in the Goons in Platoons season, we have...
Poison Mushroom!

And joining the Swole tribe, you may remember some of the votes he cast, from the ADRTW season, hailing from the Usagi tribe...
MMM Watchya Say!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 23, 2015

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Omg I'm fangirling

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow what an honor

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Welcome you two. We play an interesting game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hello

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm not actually strong in real life. Today I tried to climb a tree and failed

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Let's do this! I'm psyched!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

All right guys. As you get your first look at your new tribe mates, we're going to give you the chance to see them in action. You are currently being sent by PM a link to your tribe doc. Once all links have been sent out, you'll have 5 minutes to decide between yourselves who's going to step up and play part one of the challenge below. Please let me know if you do not get your link.

In part one, four players must complete a running and jumping course and reach the mat at the end. This being the first challenge, and you all being thrown straight into the fire, you are generously being a very easy game here in the first stage. It doesn't get much simpler than this, just reach the end and find your way up onto the mat.

When the challenge begins, I will post a link to the game. It is a flash game. Each selected member must reach the end of the course and arrive ON the mat. You'll then take a screen shot and post it here when you've made it to your destination.

This is the mat:

Once all four players have reached the mat, I will insert into your tribe document a link to part two, a puzzle for you to complete. Any and all of you may immediately begin working on this puzzle. When you complete the puzzle, you'll come back into the thread and post a screencap of your work. Only one person from your tribe needs to post the puzzle in order to complete the challenge. The first tribe to finish will have immunity. The losing tribe will have a date with me on Wednesday for tribal council.

Any questions?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I await my link.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Hello everyone!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

QUESTION:

What does the game need to run

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hi everybody! Let's have some fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

oh it's flash nvm

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Praying to the Internet gods.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow I'm so excited.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Is this 2 people from each team for a total of 4 or 4 people from each team?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

4 people from each team will be competing in the Flash game.

PMs should now have been sent to all players. If you didn't receive a link to your tribe doc yet, you should contact me now!

5 minutes from the time of this post, I'll ask you who your four players are.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sexy Tribe submits Jato, Strong Mouse, Recursive, and Met for the challenge.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For the Sexy tribe, we have Jato, Strong Mouse, Recursive, and Met playing the simple flash game! The trick in this game is going to be figuring out which button jumps and finding your way to the top of the mat.

Swole tribe, who are you sending?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

myself, imgay, circlemaster and anonymous idiot

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

apologies for misspelling your name circlmastr

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Swole tribe sends MMM, imgay, CirclMastr, and Anonymous Idiot!

You will need to get to the end of the course, climb to the top of the map, take a screenshot, and post it here.

When all four of your tribe's volunteers have completed this task, I'll post a link in your tribe doc to a puzzle, so be on the lookout.

The link to the game is...

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Good luck guys!!

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

myself, imgay, circlemaster and anonymous idiot

I have to say that that's an impressive cast of characters.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:siren: http://www.kongregate.com/games/4pikman/simple-jumping-game :siren:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Wooo!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
drat wrong one

• Locked thread