Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi Jeff, happy to be here. On the island of course, not at tribal. I think regardless of our loss at the first challenge, we are in a good place. My tribe seems pretty friendly and I'm going with the DaisyDanger strategy of chatting in the doc and making friends. I'm looking forward to future challenges with my tribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
1: My game started off in a very interesting manner that involved me sleeping and not being around for the first challenge, though I feel like I had a place specifically picked out for me before the game even started.

so yeah I'd say it's been pretty good.

2: I'm just gonna try and have fun and see how far I'll get, my mentality will probably change depending how far I'll get through the game

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hi Jeff, happy to be here. On the island of course, not at tribal. I think regardless of our loss at the first challenge, we are in a good place. My tribe seems pretty friendly and I'm going with the DaisyDanger strategy of chatting in the doc and making friends. I'm looking forward to future challenges with my tribe.
DaisyDanger won last season of Survivor. Are you worried describing yourself as playing Daisy's game will cause others to perceive you as a threat?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think I'm doing okay, personally. It's a bummer we're at Tribal but I don't have any reason to suspect I'm going home tonight.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

DaisyDanger won last season of Survivor. Are you worried describing yourself as playing Daisy's game will cause others to perceive you as a threat?

Winning would be great, but I'm more interested in making friends and having fun. I think I'll be an asset to my team but not necessarily a threat. In the end, she won because she deserved it. I only hope I can be as good a player as she was.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Heya Jeff!

I think my game has started off pretty good, though we definitely haven't had long enough that I can say that for sure.

I hope to stick around for a while and see how far I can make it. So far I think the people on my tribe are cool and wanna just hang out and do cool challenges with them

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

HiipFire posted:

1: My game started off in a very interesting manner that involved me sleeping and not being around for the first challenge, though I feel like I had a place specifically picked out for me before the game even started.

so yeah I'd say it's been pretty good.

2: I'm just gonna try and have fun and see how far I'll get, my mentality will probably change depending how far I'll get through the game

Met posted:

I think I'm doing okay, personally. It's a bummer we're at Tribal but I don't have any reason to suspect I'm going home tonight.

Jato posted:

Heya Jeff!

I think my game has started off pretty good, though we definitely haven't had long enough that I can say that for sure.

I hope to stick around for a while and see how far I can make it. So far I think the people on my tribe are cool and wanna just hang out and do cool challenges with them
I have a follow-up question that I would also like all players to answer: Do you have a target in mind tonight, and would you consider changing your target if they are here in the thread tonight while another person, who you were not planning to vote against, does not even show up for Tribal Council?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Probably Recursive/Captain Monkey cause I don't know who they are and I fear the unknown.

also a guy that also used the name Recursive came into my twitch stream a couple days ago and was being big meanie >:(

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

HiipFire posted:

Probably Recursive/Captain Monkey cause I don't know who they are and I fear the unknown.

also a guy that also used the name Recursive came into my twitch stream a couple days ago and was being big meanie >:(
But would you consider voting for someone else if those players show up and make their case tonight, while someone else no-shows?

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I have someone in mind, though If someone just didn't show up at all tonight and didn't give us any prior indication that they couldn't make it that would definitely make me worry about them just being dead weight on the tribe.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Also doublepost but I need to head out in a few minutes, but I will be back around 9. Will try to keep up with the thread on mobile if I get a chance.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Fast Luck posted:

But would you consider voting for someone else if those players show up and make their case tonight, while someone else no-shows?

yes, but I'll consider that when/if that happens

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I have someone in mind. A bunch of people didn't show up for the challenge. It's one of those people. And I doubt they can convince me to change my mind.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jato posted:

I have someone in mind, though If someone just didn't show up at all tonight and didn't give us any prior indication that they couldn't make it that would definitely make me worry about them just being dead weight on the tribe.
Thank you, Jato. With that, you are approved to turn in your vote.

You may, of course, wish to continue to hash things out in this Tribal while the vote is open, especially considering what you just said.

Please submit all votes by PM. You may write your vote on the following parchment:

You also may send your vote in text form, or create your own image vote not following the template as long as I can understand it! In fact, those votes are pretty fun.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

I have a follow-up question that I would also like all players to answer: Do you have a target in mind tonight, and would you consider changing your target if they are here in the thread tonight while another person, who you were not planning to vote against, does not even show up for Tribal Council?

If you didn't show up for the first challenge, I'd say you're in trouble. We need people willing to make the effort to keep our Tribe strong so early in the game. Can't imagine I'd change that opinion.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I have someone in mind. A bunch of people didn't show up for the challenge. It's one of those people. And I doubt they can convince me to change my mind.

Is it me?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thank you also Hiip, AN, and Met. A reminder that people can check my opening tribal post to see if they are cleared to vote (and you guys are).

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Can you change your vote or no?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

HiipFire posted:

Can you change your vote or no?
(I was trying to decide about that myself... For clarity's sake, I really would prefer you hold off on your vote until you are sure, but I suppose as long as it's still Tribal Council and everything is above board, I will allow changing votes for now. We'll see how it goes.)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
How do you feel your game has started off? Have you found your place in this tribe? Why or why not?

Well, I don't feel as though I've had a particularly strong start. I wasn't around for the entirety of the first challenge, and feel like I let my team down in a pretty big way. I don't feel like I've really found my place because I haven't really been all that engaged so far.

Do you think you're primed for a deep run, or do you feel you're in trouble?

Well, seeing as I'm probably near the top of most people's lists due to no-showing, I don't think I'm in the best position at the moment.

Do you have a target in mind tonight, and would you consider changing your target if they are here in the thread tonight while another person, who you were not planning to vote against, does not even show up for Tribal Council?

I don't have a target in mind yet, but I would vote for someone who no-shows to Tribal Council. (:ironicat:)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Fast Luck posted:

(I was trying to decide about that myself... For clarity's sake, I really would prefer you hold off on your vote until you are sure, but I suppose as long as it's still Tribal Council and everything is above board, I will allow changing votes for now. We'll see how it goes.)

Alright cool, cause I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay awake cause it's currently midnight so I could pass-out at any time really, so i would like to put a vote down just so I don't end up without a vote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not going to hide it. I want to vote captain monkey. He wasn't around for the challenge and hasn't shown up in the doc at all. He has only one post in this thread and its 3 letters long. No effort there.

I hope my team understands and will get on board with this.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
How do you feel your game has started off? Have you found your place in this tribe? Why or why not?

I think I started off okay. I messed up on the first part of the challenge, but that didn't end up hurting us since someone else still had yet to compete it by the time I was actually done.

I think I may be finding my place in the tribe. I know quite a few people on my team from other things, and I'm getting along with them.

Do you think you're primed for a deep run, or do you feel you're in trouble?

I have no idea where I'll end up. I could go all the way, or I could get kicked out early. I hope I make to the end though.

I'm pretty sure I know who I'm voting off, but if there is a no-show tonight...

Also, I'm on my phone for the next 1 1/2 hours, so I may not respond instantly.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Still waiting on Captain Monkey, Recursive, and Poison Mushroom. Given what's been said so far tonight, your games may hang in the balance, and it also may not be too late to save yourself.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah i voted captain

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah im gonna go sleep with my vote on captain, im tired as gently caress

ill see you guys at the challenge tomorrow

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Sure, I'm nervous about tribal Jeff, but while I don't feel like I have a huge target on my back, I'm a newbie, and newbies always seem to get voted out first.

We've only had one challenge so far, I don't really think anyone has "found their place" yet, but most everyone is trying as hard as they can. Do I have a target in mind? Nothing hard, but a couple of soft ones.

Tribal closes at 2230 EST? Then I don't mind pushing the challenge back, but I'm in CST. Having our team spread out timezone wise is kind of a drag. I don't usually get home from work until 5:30-6pm.

And HiipFire, it wasn't me in your twitch stream. I feel too old to fully embrace random internet dickery.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The challenge is tomorrow (Thursday) and the Tribal Council does go until 10:30 EST (tonight). Not sure if you have that right or not.

Recursive, one more question: You say you do not have a hard target in mind, but several others have mentioned Captain Monkey by name. Have you approached anyone asking about targets? Do you feel you are out of the loop, and could you take action to change that in the future?

You can send me your vote after answering this. Also, stepping away for a little while. Will be back later.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 15, 2015

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

The challenge is tomorrow (Thursday) and the Tribal Council does go until 10:30 EST (tonight). Not sure if you have that right or not.

Recursive, one more question: You say you do not have a hard target in mind, but several others have mentioned Captain Monkey by name. Have you approached anyone asking about targets? Do you feel you are out of the loop, and could you take action to change that in the future?

You can send me your vote after answering this. Also, stepping away for a little while. Will be back later.

I had it wrong, thanks.

While I don't feel all that out of the loop, I definitely didn't want to come on too strong. I know some people have prior experience with both this game and with the some of the other players. I don't want to go up to someone out of the blue and have a chance to put my foot in my mouth asking them what they think about voting their ally out. I have been approached about targets though.

I'll PM you my vote in a bit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Recursive posted:

Sure, I'm nervous about tribal Jeff, but while I don't feel like I have a huge target on my back, I'm a newbie, and newbies always seem to get voted out first.

Well, there's only two non-newbies this season.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Met posted:

Yeah, I feel that it's actually the veterans that have a target on their back. I'd be very surprised if either of them actually won.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Strong Mouse posted:

Yeah, I feel that it's actually the veterans that have a target on their back. I'd be very surprised if either of them actually won.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I have now voted so that I don't forget to do so a little later. I don't expect to change my vote, but anything can happen.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Vote submitted. I'm here-ish between here and deadline.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I'm back and my vote is submitted. I'll be around till the deadline.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

Met posted:

Good point. My vote is in.

I'll be F5ing a couple of times. Met's av has me back on the DF.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's time to tally the votes.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final, and that person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

If any of you have a hidden immunity idol and wish to play it, now would be the time to do so.

"..."

Okay. I'll read the votes.

First vote.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote...

That's two votes Captain Monkey.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Three votes for Captain Monkey.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

4 votes Captain Monkey, zero votes for anyone else.

• Locked thread