Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Works for me, I need something to entertain me while I watch Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I see numbers and letters blurring together...

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
8:30 on a Monday works perfect for me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Works for me.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
either works for me

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

OK, let's make it official then. Tribal Council for the Sexy tribe will be Monday at 8:30 PM EST. You will have from that time until 9:30 PM to answer questions and submit your vote. Failing to do so will result in your vote being cast against yourself!

In the future, we'll handle it the same way, but we'll always be open to adjusting or widening the window to meet people's schedules.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This thread has been so quiet.

Tell me about your days, nerds.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Well, I have a birthday coming up this week. Then there's how cops are patrolling the streets left and right in my location, ready to pull anyone over who looks young to them. I also have to get my car fixed today, so I have to risk a cop pulling me over for... reasons, I'm sure.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm working today. Yesterday I put up posters for a show I'm doing. It was cold and bad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Well, I have a birthday coming up this week. Then there's how cops are patrolling the streets left and right in my location, ready to pull anyone over who looks young to them. I also have to get my car fixed today, so I have to risk a cop pulling me over for... reasons, I'm sure.
Is "looks young" a euphemism for "is a minority", or is the town actually just that insular?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm working today. Yesterday I put up posters for a show I'm doing. It was cold and bad.
The show, or the day?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The day was cold and bad. The show is on Saturday and will probably be warm and good.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Is "looks young" a euphemism for "is a minority", or is the town actually just that insular?

No, I mean actually look young. With 4/20 here police suspect a lot of stoned drivers or guys carrying marijuana for one party or another.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

No, I mean actually look young. With 4/20 here police suspect a lot of stoned drivers or guys carrying marijuana for one party or another.
Oh, right.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Is this really a thing?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Definitely not. On 4/20 cops aren't allowed to arrest you for smoking weed.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

That's new. I'm guessing the guy who told me that was letting off steam then.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, look it up, it's the law. On 4/20 you can blow a big puff of weed smoke in a cop's face and all they can do is shake your hand.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:snoop:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, look it up, it's the law. On 4/20 you can blow a big puff of weed smoke in a cop's face and all they can do is shake your hand.

:munch:

fluck wants to vote players out by getting them arrested

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

fluck wants to vote players out by getting them arrested

I only wish I'd thought of it first.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Fast Luck posted:

Only thing better than smoking weed with cops is drinking beers in the back of a moving cop car with cops.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Recursive posted:

Only thing better than smoking weed with cops is drinking beers in the back of a moving cop car with cops.

Is there day when this is legal? I want to celebrate that holiday.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jato posted:

FAURTH A JUU-LAH

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

FAURTH A JUU-LAH

MURRIKA, gently caress YEAH!

(actually when I was 19 I got an underage drinking charge on the fourth of july, it is not legal to break alcohol laws that day, who knew? :v:)

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

Jato posted:

All you have to do is be the video tech guy for a company trying to sell cameras and camera software to the cops.

I'm in the backseat of the cop car, my giant laptop on my lap, the local PD Lieutenant on my left, and he leans over and says "Roadie?" I'm like wait, what? He holds up a beer and says again, "Roadie? Tim's not gonna say anything, are you Tim? TIM: No, sir." Then we're drinking beers in the back of the squad car capturing live video and replaying it on demand. Oops, Tribal!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sexy tribe, welcome back to Tribal Council. The person with the most votes during this Tribal Council will have their torch snuffed tonight. In this game, fire represents life, and when your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this tribal council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 9:30PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓Anonymousnarcotics, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, ✓Jato, ✓Met, ✓Recursive, ✓Strong Mouse, ✓Poison Mushroom... One of you will be going home tonight.

Questions for everybody
You have now lost your second straight immunity competition. Are you getting discouraged? Do you think the Swole tribe is just too strong for you to handle?

Question for Poison Mushroom
As the tribe's returning player, do you feel you have taken on any sort of leadership role?

Question for HiipFire
Have you been able to interact much with your tribemates so far? How do you handle the time difference and how do you overcome that handicap?

Quick note, there is currently a big nasty storm in my area. If I'm knocked offline, PMom is on standby to take over this Tribal Council.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 21, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jato posted:

MURRIKA, gently caress YEAH!

(actually when I was 19 I got an underage drinking charge on the fourth of july, it is not legal to break alcohol laws that day, who knew? :v:)
You clearly didn't have enough LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT bumper stickers on the back of your General Lee recreation.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everybody
You have now lost your second straight immunity competition. Are you getting discouraged? Do you think the Swole tribe is just too strong for you to handle?

Two losses early on is not a hopeless situation at all and is not indicative of the midgame.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everybody
A bit. I wasn't here for the first one, and that can't be helped, but on this most recent one, we lost a lot of time due to miscommunication and an error in the tribedoc. I think that probably made some divides in the group that are going to come back to bite us later.

quote:

Question for Poison Mushroom
As the tribe's returning player, do you feel you have taken on any sort of leadership role?
I haven't been present to make myself the opportunity, unfortunately.

But even if I was, I don't think leadership would be the right role for me, for two reasons. First, I get snippy under pressure. It happened last season, and it happened in this past challenge. Under time pressure, with things at stake, I perform, but I also get really rude.

And second, I am still constantly aware of the fact that these tribal councils exist. I don't think I can lead anyone, knowing I may end up choosing to help remove them the next time my leadership fails.

quote:

Quick note, there is currently a big nasty storm in my area. If I'm knocked offline, PMom is on standby to take over this Tribal Council.
We got a tornado warning! :pseudo:

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

I'm not really feeling discouraged from our losses. It sucks to be two men down this early in the game, but I don't think 2 losses means there's a huge disparity in challenge ability between the two tribes. We just need to step up our game and do better next time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met posted:

Two losses early on is not a hopeless situation at all and is not indicative of the midgame.
Are you confident in your tribe's ability to compete with the Swole Tribe during challenges? To what do you ascribe your two losses so far?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

I'm not getting discouraged yet. Sure we've lost twice, but I feel that we are still a strong team. Swole tribe is definitely too strong for us. I think that they are just getting lucky and that soon they will be spending most of their time at tribal.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poison Mushroom posted:

A bit. I wasn't here for the first one, and that can't be helped, but on this most recent one, we lost a lot of time due to miscommunication and an error in the tribedoc. I think that probably made some divides in the group that are going to come back to bite us later.
Of course, I've got to jump on this. Specifically, what happened? What is this division? Are you saying you're worried the Sexy tribe may be less tight than Swole in the event of a shuffle or merge?

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everybody
You have now lost your second straight immunity competition. Are you getting discouraged?

Do you think the Swole tribe is just too strong for you to handle?

Swole tribe is anything but swole, they're begging to crumble. I hate to point the finger at myself, but if I capture and post that first puzzle win quickly instead of taking 2 minutes, we win.

Nobody knows what would have happened next.

PS - Where are you where you're getting weather warnings? For once, it's just cold and rainy here instead of 8" of snow in late April.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'll admit I am a little discouraged but mostly do to disappointment in myself and my own situation and not my team. I was very frustrated with this challenge due to computer issues and I felt that I didn't do as well as I could have.

We also did lack communication that should have been there. I think we would be a lot more successful working as a team.

I'm not hopeless and I think we can definitely come back from this and win the next few challenges.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Are you confident in your tribe's ability to compete with the Swole Tribe during challenges? To what do you ascribe your two losses so far?

First challenge was really close. The second one felt like a crapshoot that was hindered by an error. I felt like either one could have gone either way even after the fact and I don't see any reason why we would innately be worse in the next challenge.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Of course, I've got to jump on this. Specifically, what happened? What is this division? Are you saying you're worried the Sexy tribe may be less tight than Swole in the event of a shuffle or merge?
I think that's exactly it. I'm sure for the viewers there's plenty of confessionals about it, so I won't go into too much detail, but basically, someone was using the mobile Google Sheets app, and something happened with it being as poo poo as always, and so we ended up operating with an incorrrect first puzzle for quite some time.

That's probably got some lingering resentment burrowing in. I don't think anyone blames them consciously, but subconsciously, there's that niggling "we might have won if we hadn't lost so much time".

And that's not even getting into how hard it was to get in contact with you about the puzzle because you never accepted some of our skype requests.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Recursive posted:

PS - Where are you where you're getting weather warnings? For once, it's just cold and rainy here instead of 8" of snow in late April.
DC area. It was really nasty for the last 20-30 minutes but it seems like it may have cleared up some now. There were tornado warnings and poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a couple hours from DC, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
What's snow? It was 85 degrees here about an hour ago

• Locked thread