Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Met says he has an idol. This could really shake things up. Other players, what does this mean to you? Surprised?

He claimed to me earlier about it so I'm not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNC4FHR4XLA

this thread rn

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

:allears:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

what the gently caress is happening

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

just post the last vote already :argh:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, us in the swole tribe have had to give up pretty much every evening this week thus far to this game and it's really cramping my social life.

Can we please move the challenge to like, tomorrow or next week or SOMETHING

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also even beyond the social life thing I have finals next week

I need to study and having my evenings disrupted EVERY EVENING is really shooting that effort in the foot

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly it probably wouldn't be as bad as it's been for me if I wasn't in finals runup hell right now

But I am so it's been really bad

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Excuse you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

We won this in the reward challenge

Nah.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You can this one
o_(ò_óˇ)_o

(ง’̀-‘́)ง fight me irl

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

what, was that emoticon not good enough for you? ╰(°□°)╯

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh by the way I have a night final next wednesday, during when the Challenge would theoretically take place.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hello hello! Running a bit late today because I am easily distracted :v

quote:

Questions for all
Last Tribal Council, the way things went down were pretty crazy with Met's fake idol. What was the fallout from that TC?

After losing your third straight challenge, it's starting to look like you're outmatched. Why does Sexy keep winning, and what can the Swole tribe do to stop Sexy's momentum?

With each subsequent vote, this tribe is getting smaller and there are fewer places to hide. Can you feel the walls closing in? What happens if this tribe dwindles down to 4, or 3?

I don't think there was any real "fallout", mostly just a lot of amused laughter that I saw.

I don't know that we're outmatched per se, but I do think we've had a bit of a run of bad luck. Hopefully we'll break it next challenge (and hopefully next challenge will be after my finals so that 1/5 out of our members won't be distracted)

It is what it is I think. Am I getting paranoid? Maybe kinda. If we dwindle more I'll probably end up worrying more haha, but I'm not TOO worried yet

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah I meant to be around on time but then I opened my cellbio study guide intending to get a few mintues in before tribal and looked up and oops it was after 9 :v

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

PMush I'm not gonna lie you were kinda snippy at points but I mostly appreciated your no-nonsense approach

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also doggpickle i don't think a keyboard should give you more trouble when your laptop is plugged in vs. when it isn't, if that's happening it sounds like there might be something wrong with your laptop. Like, I'm no expert on technology but that sounds like something isn't right

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bye PMush! Sorry it had to go down like this

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I also did the puzzle but forgot to post about it last night

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

How much on the steam game?

I second this question

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, ill take a game too

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

If anyone's curious, my game was Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

It looks interesting, though I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet. Hopefully I will tomorrow!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Good lord but he sounds like a jackass

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WHO WANTS A MASSIVE SKYPE CALL?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

seriously tho let's just group skype call it or something

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Someone start a big skype call?

Working on it!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Well, that was fun.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It was a really cool challenge I thought! It just came at the wrong time game-wise

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I definitely disagree. I'm sure whatever it was that people were looking to accomplish, you could have still accomplished while actually playing the game that was designed for you to play.

That said, we've got two Tribal Councils coming up. Let's hold them both tomorrow.

I mean to be fair we DID play the game - the one trade that occured was the only trade we needed to accomplish what we needed done, though.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That's pretty clever actually, kudos :golfclap:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all
During last night's challenge, the Sexy tribe came to a unified agreement on whom to vote out. This seems to suggest they're a unified group. Worried about your position in the merger?

Not super worried atm. Probably I'll worry once the merger actually takes place, but we have a bit before that happens so why stress out about it now?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

One could argue that if you only think of the next Tribal, and never think ahead, you'll be led into elimination like a lamb to the slaughter. It's happened before in Awful Survivor. If you lose next challenge, it will be one of the four of you going home. And after that, come the merger, it also could be one of you again. What are you doing to ensure your safety down the line?

Oh I mean I'm thinking ahead, yeah, I just meant to say I wasn't stressing out about it. In regards to "ensuring my safety", I'm just trying to be a chill person really.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also it's not hard for a group to be unified when there's one obvious person to vote out who just isn't there all the time. Once the other tribe has excised those people there are sure to be some cracks

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

For all except D. Coil
I'm glad at least one person is worried about what happens come merge time. But, that being the case, I have to ask this:
10 of you were in a Skype chat together, all sharing your rules. D. Coil was sitting alone on AIM with only his own rule. There were multiple advantages available in the challenge that could win you immunity come merge time. Extra money in the auction, or an advantage in the challenge.

So my question is, were you so confident there were cracks in their alliance, that you didn't think it worth bothering to grab those advantages? All it would've taken would be trading one coconut to a buddy.

Or, were you so afraid of D. Coil winning 1 on 10 that you thought you had no choice but to not even try for the advantages?

Or is there some other explanation I'm not seeing? Too afraid to stick your head out and make waves? What was it?

We didn't want to risk it + we really just wanted to all chill. Nobody cared that much about the advantages so we just.... chilled. With cards against humanity.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

About how long is this gonna last?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh. yeah i guess i'm ready

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Thong

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I like garth's answer of Cocktail Dress, we're going with that.

I am astounded heels wasn't on the list, as an aside

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

how is a cocktail dress not specific enough? ugh fine, Little Black Dress it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

:toot:

• Locked thread