Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sexy Tribe submits Jato, Strong Mouse, Recursive, and Met for the challenge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I had to relearn them and I was three pieces off on the bottom.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

How was everybody's day?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

petition to push it back until 10pm

I'm in favor.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How long was the last one? It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think I'm doing okay, personally. It's a bummer we're at Tribal but I don't have any reason to suspect I'm going home tonight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

I have a follow-up question that I would also like all players to answer: Do you have a target in mind tonight, and would you consider changing your target if they are here in the thread tonight while another person, who you were not planning to vote against, does not even show up for Tribal Council?

If you didn't show up for the first challenge, I'd say you're in trouble. We need people willing to make the effort to keep our Tribe strong so early in the game. Can't imagine I'd change that opinion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Recursive posted:

Sure, I'm nervous about tribal Jeff, but while I don't feel like I have a huge target on my back, I'm a newbie, and newbies always seem to get voted out first.

Well, there's only two non-newbies this season.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Strong Mouse posted:

Yeah, I feel that it's actually the veterans that have a target on their back. I'd be very surprised if either of them actually won.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
><(((('>

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Met wtf is that?

A fish.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I fixed it on my board.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everybody
You have now lost your second straight immunity competition. Are you getting discouraged? Do you think the Swole tribe is just too strong for you to handle?

Two losses early on is not a hopeless situation at all and is not indicative of the midgame.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Are you confident in your tribe's ability to compete with the Swole Tribe during challenges? To what do you ascribe your two losses so far?

First challenge was really close. The second one felt like a crapshoot that was hindered by an error. I felt like either one could have gone either way even after the fact and I don't see any reason why we would innately be worse in the next challenge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Yes, everyone who's showed is cleared to send in their votes. However, two of you have yet to make an appearance. Should they be concerned?

Yes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm still here! Hi, Fake Jeff!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:getout:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He was going to fall on his sword anyway. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey sexy tribe, is it irritating when we post this guy: ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

We'll stop if it's too much.

Not me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll be stealing Hiipfire without his consent.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Exciting!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

After a tribal shuffle, and with 40+ hours until your designs are due, you might want to consider writing a confessional. Sounds like a pretty good idea, doesn't it, haha.

Who isn't writing confessionals? Mine are filthy. Filthy good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Strong Mouse posted:

Super Dooper Mega Sexy Peoples! Show up so we can finish up some stuff!

Also, Hi Ultra Swole. How has your day been?

It goes. Errands day!

Hope everything is going well on your end!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The crab and fish were dead meinberg!

How does that help the smell?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A couple judges aren't on a desert island and think creativity trumps viability.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
When is Tribal?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That works for me but I'm also super flexible if anyone has issues.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everybody

Is this a unified tribe, or are lines drawn along pre-shuffle lines despite the early merge?

What could you have done differently to win the immunity challenge?

This is a game with Hidden Immunity Idols. Have you given any thought to who, if anyone, might have an idol in their pocket?

Everyone is friendly, those that have been here. Haven't seen much of D. Coil and one other Tribemate wouldn't reply when I tried to say hello. Makes me a bit concerned for the Sexy/Swole split in this tribe not being in my favor.

For that Immunity Challenge, we were designing for unknown judges. I made the false assumption that feasibility of design would be important. I was quite surprised when dead crab hats and fish-topped feet would not only not work against them but in fact worked for them for some judges. That was a bummer. My tribemates think that would be an unwise thing to say if the same judges come back for a future challenge, but I'll go ahead and take the blame for those opinions and deal with the fallout.

As for idols, I know clues have been given out. I know who has them. That's all I have to say about that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

With the split not being in your favor, what's your best argument to stay in the game? Renounce your former tribe? Make a case for keeping the tribe strong? Try to get the original Swoles doubting their former tribemates?

What can you do? Be friendly? Sell out your friends?

No one went out of their way to talk to me. I'd say that's telling about unity.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

garthoneeye posted:

That being said I think Met is an asset to our tribe and if we're both still here tonight I hope we can start to build closer bonds.

That's nice to hear.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress it, I'm not gonna be passive aggressive. I'm gonna do what I do and speak my mind about this.

D. Coil, the lack of communication with you certainly wasn't for lack of trying. Not a single post in the thread, even, before tonight? Maybe you really didn't have access to the doc, but you didn't find anything weird about that after a week and a challenge? And then suddenly come back in, conveniently right during tribal, trying to point the finger and insinuate that we cut you out of the loop?

I don't like that at all, I don't like whatever game you're trying to play.

It's the first I've seen of him all game, really.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poison Mushroom posted:

Maybe it's just because he's OG Sexy, but I'm willing to cut Hiip a fair bit of slack. He's 17, and in Europe. I think he mentioned something before about being more available next week than this one, though I can't seem to find that post now. I could be misremembering.

Either way, I'd still rather give him another chance than someone who comes back from complete radio silence without so much as an apology and then immediately takes an accusatory tone.

I've found Hiipfire to be reliable in the past both for Challenges and Tribals. I worry that this was a bad week to have issues.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Sexy tribe, I'll see you at Tribal Council tomorrow.

Trap Sprung.

Good luck with your vote, Sexy Tribe.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Psyched for Tribal Tonight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

No Jeff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all
D. Coil's lack of challenge participation was an issue last Tribal. Is he your biggest challenge liability?

Question for Met and Poison Mushroom
Do you feel the odds are stacked against you? What are your plans to turn this around, if any?

D. Coil tried to be here in the latest Immunity Challenge. Helped a bit in the tribe doc while others participated. I think we actually had everyone around, though we were limited to 5 participants. But yeah, his lack of participation up to that point put him at odds with his fellow tribemates.

Of course I think the odds are stacked against me in particular. Last Tribal I saw it as 3 Sexy vs 5 Swole. This time I see it as 4 Swole, a Sexy who distanced herself from me since the last vote, and myself. I wouldn't be surprised if I get the votes tonight...

...but, of course, I know D. Coil is on the outs too. I really think it's between us two tonight.

• Locked thread