Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Nobody can vote for me :dance: I am upset that I could not confirm some votes for tonight because people were not here. That is no secret. I hope that none of my friends go home, but I'll do what I said I'd do, and the ultimate outcome will come down to stuff that is out of my hands. What can you do? :shrug:

I consider all of you guys my friends and it makes me sad that we are at the point where ultimately everyone has to go in order for me to win.

I hope it's no hard feelings to whoever goes home from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

This speaks to me, I just know it.

You are tarzan

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I love coconut shrimp!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I always get baklava

confused with

balaclava

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mmm biggest threat.

Anon idiot not carrying his weight

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Chic and garth

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mmm

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hmm. Imgay.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
ANarc ;)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Aww guys :3:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Chic

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Congrats Dogg. Good game all

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Any way we could do another double whammy on Monday? Tues wed thurs is hell week for my show.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

I'd be open to doing that again. Tribal Council straight into the immunity challenge...

After that, we'll have to do another TC at some point. If we start it early or run it late, can you attend on Wednesday?

Tribals I can do whenever bc I'll just phone post from my rehearsal

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone
Last time we were here, we had three votes against Strong Mouse while the rest went against Rurea. Are we now in a straight up Super Sexy versus Ultra Swole situation, as it would seem, or is there more going on here?

Definitely not. I think those lines are gone and it's much
more confusing to figure out who's actually on your side.
Question for everyone except imgay
Do you think there should be some sort of rule against snorting ground rhino penis? It seems like it could be performance enhancing.

I'd snort rhino penis to enhance my performance, for sure.

Question for MMM, Narc, and imgay
You were all considered threats according to the survey in the previous challenge. Do you feel that puts a target on your back? Are you annoyed at me for bringing this back up now?

I definitely feel that there's a target on my back, and rightly so. I have been a very strong player.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I hosed up the formatting. I'll edit if fluck allows or just leave it. Whatevs

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Jeff, if you'd allow me, I'd like to share with you and the vista some of the behind the scenes poo poo that went down today.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Tyrion lannister

Is this what happened? Very interesting.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Jato, MMM, Narc
Your names have been floated publicly here in Tribal Council. Jato, I believe you in particular were named as a target for being "inactive." I'd like to hear all three of your responses.

No one said my name except you afaik...

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I know where all the idols are

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
When I asked around today who to vote, everyone told me Jato. Except one person who told me that the Jato vote was a cover for an MMM blindside because people suspected he had an idol. Garth was leading the charge on this deceptive act

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Garth absolutely has the other idol imo

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I honestly have no idea how tonight's vote is going to turn out.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It really sucks when you trust someone and it turns out they are doing stuff behind your back.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

I think Anon Narcotics just outed herself, saying ALL the idols instead of 2, when Garth and Chic and Imgay and Anonymous Idiot as far as I KNOW, have no idea how to find that insane post-merge one. So you know where ALL the idols are huh? Nice to know.

Yes. I know where all the idols are. You know there are more people in the game than those you just listed, right?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

garthoneeye posted:

Sorry, I was convinced you were in an opposing alliance. I feel bad that I broke actual trust.

Are you sure this is directed at me? We were never allied and I've never trusted you.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It's unfortunate for garth's allies that he's a deceptive liar. Just a matter of time before he turns on you.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey dogg who are you voting for

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Welp that sucks.

Guess you can't trust anyone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Something Awful opened its doors in the year 2000, and, man, it was the coolest place on the Internet. Today, though, it's a footnote. Reddit, 4chan, imgur, and a bunch of other places: their user bases put SA to shame.

Well, this strategic war game launched in the year 1997. Its heyday is also in the past. But, like SA, I still think it has quality enough that I hope it will be immortal.

This challenge requires you to sign up for an account at http://earthempires.com. You will then make a country on the Express server.

The Express server runs until Sunday at 8pm EST.

This is me. I just made this country right now. My country number is 105. Please create a country, and message me with your SA username to confirm your identity.

Special rule: No attacking. Do not click the War Room button. I want the time commitment to be minimal here, so I'm going to limit you to using the Explore option if you want to gain land. If you make any attacks of any sort, you will be disqualified from this challenge.

A few notes:

Turns:
My turns are 360 (36) in this picture. The 360 are turns I can take right now. The 36 are "stored" turns. You receive a turn every 4 minutes. You can always take the available turns, but when you go over 360 turns, new turns will become "stored." You can only have 360 available turns at a time, and you can only have 360 stored turns. Any turns past this point will be lost. Every 4 minutes, you receive a new turn. If you have stored turns, and less than available 360 turns, then every 4 minutes, when you receive a new turn you will also receive a stored turn.

GDI:
You want to join this. If you don't, any random moron can attack you.

That's about it. I also circled Manage, which is where you set a government type, and Build/Cash/Explore/Research, which are the four ways to spend turns. Click those buttons and use turns on those screens if you want to spend a turn.

Anything else you need to know is in the game instructions. You also may want to pause before taking turns to read all those instructions, or to ask questions in the game forums, and learn how things work.

The player who makes no attacks and who has the highest score when this Express game ends will win immunity.

:munch: can I join this just for fun? :munch:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Fast Luck posted:

Incidentally, the challenge tonight will have a SPECIAL GUEST HOST. Please treat your substitute host with the same respect and deference with which you would treat me.

:munch:
Now he has to make this disclaimer because of how we treated max peck, that imposter

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
:munch:
Have all past endurance posting challenges been this nitpicky?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi friends. Congratulations on making the final three.

Doggpickle, do you have any regrets in your gameplay? If you could go back and play this game again what is something you would change?

MMM, this question is similar to doggs but not exactly the same. What mistakes do you believe you made throughout this game and how have you fixed them?

AnIdiot, are you a gimmick? if not please explain who you are as a person and a player.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
YAYYY I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BUDDY <3 You totally deserved it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey dogg remember when you were being all self-righteous about how you never went back on your word? Check out this quote from your own confessional

quote:

I still haven't set a vote on anyone I promised (cept Narcotics, sorry girl you are just too unpredictable and loving up my game) and I've gotten rid of THREE idols in one go.
so don't act so loving high and mighty like you should have won when you flat out betrayed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Hey you're right. I forgot I said that. I never said I should have won lol hahahaha. I'm cool with what happened now.

I only knew you for one day, and in that time, you wrecked all the work I did to get the vote off of Mmm and onto jato, by going behind my back and contacting chic and proposing an alliance that included you and Mmm, they immediately knew you two were working together lol.

So that's how they justified voting for you or Mmm instead of jato, because now there was only a 50/50 chance of hitting the idol, (not knowing you both had one). Of course I was trying to get all the idols out, hahah, but I told you to play yours before the tribal, and then I also said at tribal that everyone that I know has an idol better play it. I had to vote with them to keep up appearances, but it wasn't a vote to send you home, and I never promised not to vot for you anyways. (My semantics problem again)

It's true I was trying to have it both ways, but I went back and forth all day about what I was going to do, and your last minute bid for an alliance without asking me first, made all kinds of scrambling happen right before tribal. Your name had never even come up before you did that. :downs: if you'd just asked me first, I would have been like no, no, no, no, don't do that! I know you were well liked, afterwards, and Mmm explained to me later why he wanted to take you to the end, but I just didn't get it within the short time I met you. Sorry you felt so betrayed about that.

Short version - your name wasn't even on the table til you put it there yourself, then I told you twice to play your idol, you didn't trust me,you didn't play it, and you went home. My not-so-witty remark there was in the heat of the moment, but I was sort of glad not to have you on my team for the rest of the game because you didn't communicate well with me. Sorry!

Oh so I guess when you proposed a final 3 alliance with me and mmm that wasn't a promise not to vote for me.

• Locked thread