Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm good with 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ‏

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast luck PM sent

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yes tab 8

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

It's sheet 8 below the uncomplete puzzle

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

starting at row 53

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Weakest to strongest
1. D.Coil
2. HiipFire
3. Chic Trombone
4. Met
5. Doggpickle
6. Poison Mushroom
7. Garthoneeye
8. Rurea

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Is this a unified tribe, or are lines drawn along pre-shuffle lines despite the early shuffle?
I think we've tried to come together, but it's always easier to trust those you've had the most opportunity to build relationships with. I think the most important factor in who to vote off is how to make the tribe the strongest possible so that we don't end up here again.

What could you have done differently to win the immunity challenge?
I think we tried to focus on what would be the most practical outfit for prolonged wear with what we had available. We should have focused on creativity and aesthetic more.

This is a game with Hidden Immunity Idols. Have you given any thought to who, if anyone, might have an idol in their pocket?[/b]

Not yet. I think it's still early days for an idol to come out.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

None of you reached out to Met after the shuffle?

I think if Met was feeling unsure about his place in the tribe it would be up to him to try to make something happen.
I talked to Met after we lost the challenge and he expressed concern over his safety but he didn't push for anyone to go.

That being said I think Met is an asset to our tribe and if we're both still here tonight I hope we can start to build closer bonds.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Thank you, Garth. Garth, can I ask you, what's it been like on a tribe with Poison Mushroom?

It's a little surreal. I came back to this game hoping for redemption not expecting to have to play against the person who orchestrated my exit last time. We talked slightly about it and she mentioned that she did it to try and manufacture an easy vote and keep herself in the game. Ultimately, I hold no ill feelings towards her, I mean, that's how you play Survivor and i take full responsibility for the things I did and didn't do to keep myself in the game.

Hopefully, we can work together this time to ensure an Ultra Swole victory.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

For example, Garth, is this post giving you PTSD?

I'm just happy it's not directed at me this time!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll take it

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Mine

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well done guys! ou guys completely outplayed us.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Last Tribal, we saw a split in votes between D. Coil and HiipFire. The original Sexy player, HiipFire, went home, and the original Swole player stayed. Do you think there's an original Swole welcome wagon waiting for you in the current Sexy tribe? How confident are you in that? Is that motivating your votes?

I don't think there is a welcome wagon over at Sexy. I think last vote was about who we trust and how to make the tribe stronger. Ultimately, we believed that D. Coil possessed those qualities more than HiipFire.

D. Coil's lack of challenge participation was an issue last Tribal. Is he your biggest challenge liability?

D. Coil was a huge help in the last challenge. I think any fears of him holding us back have been washed away.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Chic, D. Coil, DoggPickle, Garth, Rurea:
How secure to do you feel going into this vote? Are you a united five?

I certainly trust everyone in this group. I believe everyone trusts me. However, I'm always wary of becoming to cocky with regards to my safety.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Met says he has an idol. This could really shake things up. Other players, what does this mean to you? Surprised?
No. I had heard the rumours of Met's idol already. If he plays it or if he doesn't play it, we'll just have to see what happens.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Garth, you're the one person I haven't cleared to vote yet, because you've only made two posts and kept things very close to the vest. Give us a little something to work with here, just about whatever. I need more from you.

Ultimately, I think our group my group is going to stick together and get things done. I certainly don't expect tonight's vote to be a blindside. I just haven't been able to build trust with Met or Poison enough to switch from a group that I think is really tight.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well done!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bye Met! Nice job with the idol fake-out.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Recursive posted:

:sad trombone:

More like mad trombone

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

I’m sitting on the bench across from the escalators in the Shinsegae department store on a weekday afternoon. I’m wearing a dark navy, tailored two button suit with notched lapels. I’m wearing a dark blue tie with subtle, diagonal white stripes against a fine grid checked navy blue and white shirt.

I’m sitting on the bench across from the escalators in the Shinsegae department store on a weekday afternoon. I’m wearing a dark navy, tailored two button suit with notched lapels. I’m wearing a dark blue tie with subtle, diagonal white stripes against a fine grid checked navy blue and white shirt.

The suit is actually just a prop; I don’t have to work today, and I have nowhere in particular that I need to be, other than outside of my house. I’ve got a large paper Starbucks cup filled to the top with a mixture of approximately 70% rum and 30% Coke.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

The suit is actually just a prop; I don’t have to work today, and I have nowhere in particular that I need to be, other than outside of my house. I’ve got a large paper Starbucks cup filled to the top with a mixture of approximately 70% rum and 30% Coke.

I have a nagging suspicion that the aged Korean pensioner sitting next to me has caught on to my act. I think he can smell the rum, so I turn away each time I take a swig and make every effort not to breath in his direction. It wasn’t always this way. It used to be more Coke than rum, but I suppose that is a different story.

Perhaps the pensioner is staring at me because my hair is a mess. This day was particularly windy here in Seoul.

I have a nagging suspicion that the aged Korean pensioner sitting next to me has caught on to my act. I think he can smell the rum, so I turn away each time I take a swig and make every effort not to breath in his direction. It wasn’t always this way. It used to be more Coke than rum, but I suppose that is a different story.

Perhaps the pensioner is staring at me because my hair is a mess. This day was particularly windy here in Seoul.

That’s one of the things I miss actually; the sound of wind. There are lots of old oak trees in my home town, and during the autumn months you could hear the wind ripping through the oak trees –it sounded almost like running water passing over round stones in a shallow river bed. You could smell oak and cedar in the air, and touches of salt water. The smell of freshly cut grass, summer barbeques, and chimney smoke (remember those?).

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

That’s one of the things I miss actually; the sound of wind. There are lots of old oak trees in my home town, and during the autumn months you could hear the wind ripping through the oak trees –it sounded almost like running water passing over round stones in a shallow river bed. You could smell oak and cedar in the air, and touches of salt water. The smell of freshly cut grass, summer barbeques, and chimney smoke (remember those?).

In downtown Seoul, the wind rips through the concrete office buildings, and the smell in the late evening? Well, I wouldn’t exactly describe it as ‘oak’ or ‘cedar’.

I check my reflection in the glass screen of my cell phone, the battery having long since died. I’d get up and check my appearance in the restroom mirror, but there are groups of roving pensioners circling the plush benches like vultures. The instant I got up, a pensioner would snatch my spot on the bench.

In downtown Seoul, the wind rips through the concrete office buildings, and the smell in the late evening? Well, I wouldn’t exactly describe it as ‘oak’ or ‘cedar’.

I check my reflection in the glass screen of my cell phone, the battery having long since died. I’d get up and check my appearance in the restroom mirror, but there are groups of roving pensioners circling the plush benches like vultures. The instant I got up, a pensioner would snatch my spot on the bench.

For many of Seoul’s elderly, the plush benches in an air-conditioned department store represent a pleasant change from what they would otherwise be doing on any given weekday afternoon. So no, I won’t be giving up my seat on the plush bench. At least not until I’ve finished my rum and Coke.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

For many of Seoul’s elderly, the plush benches in an air-conditioned department store represent a pleasant change from what they would otherwise be doing on any given weekday afternoon. So no, I won’t be giving up my seat on the plush bench. At least not until I’ve finished my rum and Coke.

This particular bench is in high demand due almost entirely to its positioning on the ground floor of the department store. It is from this bench that one has a clear, unobstructed view of women coming down the escalator.

Imagine a conveyor belt that deposits women right at your feet every few seconds. I used to walk around whenever I wanted to people-watch, but now I’ve got it all figured out. No need to move at all, the escalator does all the moving –technology.

This particular bench is in high demand due almost entirely to its positioning on the ground floor of the department store. It is from this bench that one has a clear, unobstructed view of women coming down the escalator.

Imagine a conveyor belt that deposits women right at your feet every few seconds. I used to walk around whenever I wanted to people-watch, but now I’ve got it all figured out. No need to move at all, the escalator does all the moving –technology.

The pensioner sitting next to me continues to glance over in my direction, without making any attempt to disguise his glances.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

The pensioner sitting next to me continues to glance over in my direction, without making any attempt to disguise his glances.

Wait a minute; perhaps he is staring at me because he’s seen me here before. Perhaps we shared this bench last week as well. Perhaps we are former bench mates. I’ve become somewhat of a regular here, you see.

I’ve always struggled to remember things that are not important, like the faces of the people I share department store benches with.

Wait a minute; perhaps he is staring at me because he’s seen me here before. Perhaps we shared this bench last week as well. Perhaps we are former bench mates. I’ve become somewhat of a regular here, you see.

I’ve always struggled to remember things that are not important, like the faces of the people I share department store benches with.

Perhaps when I’m older, and nothing else matters, and life is winding down towards its eventual end-point, I’ll have a sharper memory for the inconsequential things that I currently ignore. Perhaps I’ll remember the faces of strangers.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

Perhaps when I’m older, and nothing else matters, and life is winding down towards its eventual end-point, I’ll have a sharper memory for the inconsequential things that I currently ignore. Perhaps I’ll remember the faces of strangers.

As the time passes, my pensioner benchmate and I watch as streams of women are delivered at our feet by the magical mechanical moving stairs.

As a result of Korea’s plastic surgery epidemic, watching women come down the escalator gets a bit monotonous, as it feels like I’m seeing the same women come down time after time, only in different outfits.

As the time passes, my pensioner benchmate and I watch as streams of women are delivered at our feet by the magical mechanical moving stairs.

As a result of Korea’s plastic surgery epidemic, watching women come down the escalator gets a bit monotonous, as it feels like I’m seeing the same women come down time after time, only in different outfits.

Wait, there’s one! She looks natural! I look up from my coffee cup. Paper-white skin, tall, cheek bones higher than her eyes, arms like long wet noodles. Sweet Mary mother of Joseph, she’s like an angel descending down the second floor escalator.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

Wait, there’s one! She looks natural! I look up from my coffee cup. Paper-white skin, tall, cheek bones higher than her eyes, arms like long wet noodles. Sweet Mary mother of Joseph, she’s like an angel descending down the second floor escalator.

And here I was, about to get up and leave. My interest has suddenly been renewed. I’m thinking I should call someone and share this brilliant experience, but my phone battery is dead, and all of my friends are at work anyway (sucks being an adult).

I look over at my pensioner benchmate, but he is busy looking at the woman who just came down the elevator. She is probably several centimeters taller than he is, due to dietary differences between the older and younger generations. He looks at her, and then looks at me, and then says nothing.

And here I was, about to get up and leave. My interest has suddenly been renewed. I’m thinking I should call someone and share this brilliant experience, but my phone battery is dead, and all of my friends are at work anyway (sucks being an adult).

I look over at my pensioner benchmate, but he is busy looking at the woman who just came down the elevator. She is probably several centimeters taller than he is, due to dietary differences between the older and younger generations. He looks at her, and then looks at me, and then says nothing.

I have often wondered if people get quieter as they age because they have been disappointed by the human race so many times. And for most of us, not too many people show up at our death bed. All those years, all of that emotion, all of those hopes and dreams, all the reaching out; and no one shows up.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

I have often wondered if people get quieter as they age because they have been disappointed by the human race so many times. And for most of us, not too many people show up at our death bed. All those years, all of that emotion, all of those hopes and dreams, all the reaching out; and no one shows up.

It makes reaching out to others look like a fairly poor investment. You are unlikely to get much back. Maybe that is why it is so rare to find people who can be selflessly kind to strangers without any sort of hidden motivation. It represents risk-taking without any obvious payback.

After staring at me for a moment, the pensioner slaps me on the knee and says “예쁘다!” (beautiful).

It makes reaching out to others look like a fairly poor investment. You are unlikely to get much back. Maybe that is why it is so rare to find people who can be selflessly kind to strangers without any sort of hidden motivation. It represents risk-taking without any obvious payback.

After staring at me for a moment, the pensioner slaps me on the knee and says “예쁘다!” (beautiful).

He may not be a player anymore, but he knows quality when he sees it. He’s no longer a player, but he’ll always be an enthusiast. Our bodies, and energy and stamina wane with time, but enthusiasm is something we can all maintain until the end.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

He may not be a player anymore, but he knows quality when he sees it. He’s no longer a player, but he’ll always be an enthusiast. Our bodies, and energy and stamina wane with time, but enthusiasm is something we can all maintain until the end.

Perhaps he’s got a cranky old wife at home, 할머니 tits hanging past her belt, who gets on his case about money, and soju, and cleaning the house, and smoking, and “Why do I always have to wash the goddamned dishes?” He and I are not players, but we are actors on the same stage, at the same point in time.

Many, many years ago, before I set foot in Korea, I had a beautiful girlfriend just like the one who came down the escalator. She never really had much to say, but she was gorgeous. I assumed that she was quiet and reserved because she was ‘deep’.

Perhaps he’s got a cranky old wife at home, 할머니 tits hanging past her belt, who gets on his case about money, and soju, and cleaning the house, and smoking, and “Why do I always have to wash the goddamned dishes?” He and I are not players, but we are actors on the same stage, at the same point in time.

Many, many years ago, before I set foot in Korea, I had a beautiful girlfriend just like the one who came down the escalator. She never really had much to say, but she was gorgeous. I assumed that she was quiet and reserved because she was ‘deep’.

Perhaps there was character there, somewhere. Maybe she was the ‘one’. After time, I realized that she was not ‘deep’ – she was just a stupid, vapid, aimless drifter with hardly any brain activity at all.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

Perhaps there was character there, somewhere. Maybe she was the ‘one’. After time, I realized that she was not ‘deep’ – she was just a stupid, vapid, aimless drifter with hardly any brain activity at all.

But I liked her. I’ll never know why.

The pensioner sitting next to me probably has several decades of knowledge to impart on a younger person such as myself. From time to time, in situations like this, I wished I'd spoke Korean well.

The pensioner sitting next to me probably has several decades of knowledge to impart on a younger person such as myself. From time to time, in situations like this, I wished I'd spoke Korean well.

We are two men sitting on a department store bench, sharing the sight of a beautiful woman.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Rurea posted:

We are two men sitting on a department store bench, sharing the sight of a beautiful woman.

We are like two old fishermen staring at the night lights of a luxury oceanliner as it passes us by. The pensioner has stories to tell, and I have stories to tell, but neither of us can communicate with the other. What a shame.

A decade from now, I’ll probably still be coming here, to this same bench. My benchmate having long since passed away, the rum and coke having been replaced by straight soju, and the tailored suit no longer fitting like it used to. In life, it’s important to realize what makes you happy, and to chase it.

We are like two old fishermen staring at the night lights of a luxury oceanliner as it passes us by. The pensioner has stories to tell, and I have stories to tell, but neither of us can communicate with the other. What a shame.

A decade from now, I’ll probably still be coming here, to this same bench. My benchmate having long since passed away, the rum and coke having been replaced by straight soju, and the tailored suit no longer fitting like it used to. In life, it’s important to realize what makes you happy, and to chase it.

And if you can’t chase it, you can always sit at the bottom of the escalator in the Shinsegae Department Store and be an enthusiast, like me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Last Tribal Council, the way things went down were pretty crazy with Met's fake idol. What was the fallout from that TC?

Poison decided to let everyone know exactly what happened and D. Coil confirmed that Met approached him with the plan. I'm just glad that D.Coil decided to stick with us.

After losing your third straight tribal, it's starting to look like you're outmatched. Why does Sexy keep winning, and what can the Swole tribe do to stop Sexy's momentum?
I think we are a little bit outmatched. I think we need to have more of that jumping puzzle game challenges.

With each subsequent vote, this tribe is getting smaller and there are fewer places to hide. Can you feel the walls closing in? What happens if this tribe dwindles down to 4, or 3?
It does make me nervous that we keep losing people. I just hope that the people I'm true to stay true to me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Completed!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll take the Idol clue.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye