Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Swole tribe thinks they have it... and they DO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Swole tribe...

is...

ready for the second puzzle! Good job finishing the opening puzzle!

This is not over yet, guys. Everyone is still in this. Swole tribe, check your tribe doc for puzzle #2!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

PMush thinks she has it for the Sexy tribe...

All the moves are valid and this board looks complete. But something's not right...

This only goes up to 19! There's a tile missing on this board!

Sexy tribe, get back to work!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 17, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met thinks he has it for the Sexy tribe...

And he does!

A second puzzle has hit the Sexy tribe doc!

If the Swole tribe is stuck, this challenge could have just been tied up!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Received, but it's unformatted text. Do you have a completed puzzle in your doc?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What is tab 8? The eighth one from the start, every cell is filled with the number three. The one called Sheet8 isn't complete.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Does garthoneye have it??

In Sheet8, an empty puzzle.

Below that, an incomplete puzzle.

But below that puzzle...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Swole tribe...

is...

immune next Tribal Council! This challenge is over.

Both tribes, your puzzle submitters will be receiving information from me shortly. Sexy tribe, I'll see you at Tribal Council on Monday. Time to be determined.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This was my solution for the big puzzle, with my work on the right:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's planned for Tuesday, 8:30PM EST.

In the meantime, Sexy tribe, I'm going to try to run a shorter Tribal Council this time. I want it to be convenient but I don't want to make it unnecessarily long, so I'll open with this offer: Monday, 8:30PM - 9:30PM EST. That's the window, and you have to be there, have to answer questions, and have to submit your vote during that window. If that's a problem, let me know now and I can widen or adjust the window upon request! But if you don't let me know soon, that time will be locked in and it will be your problem if you miss it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

OK, let's make it official then. Tribal Council for the Sexy tribe will be Monday at 8:30 PM EST. You will have from that time until 9:30 PM to answer questions and submit your vote. Failing to do so will result in your vote being cast against yourself!

In the future, we'll handle it the same way, but we'll always be open to adjusting or widening the window to meet people's schedules.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Definitely not. On 4/20 cops aren't allowed to arrest you for smoking weed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, look it up, it's the law. On 4/20 you can blow a big puff of weed smoke in a cop's face and all they can do is shake your hand.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sexy tribe, welcome back to Tribal Council. The person with the most votes during this Tribal Council will have their torch snuffed tonight. In this game, fire represents life, and when your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, if you are not involved in this tribal council, I ask you not to post in the thread during this time.

Once again, I am going to begin with some questions. They could be directed specifically to you, or they could be questions for everyone. I want you to answer the questions that apply to you. I may ask a follow-up question or two. In addition to answering my questions, if you are at Tribal, you are free to communicate, in thread, with each other as much as you'd like.

When you have given me sufficient responses, I will place a ✓ next to your name below, indicating you are approved to send me your vote. You may send your vote any time from that point until Tribal Council closes at 9:30PM. There may be no need to wait until then, or you may want to see what else happens in Tribal before submitting. Once I have received all votes, or once we hit the deadline, I will begin posting the results. If you do not submit a valid vote, your vote will be counted against yourself.

So, let’s get to it.

✓Anonymousnarcotics, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, ✓Jato, ✓Met, ✓Recursive, ✓Strong Mouse, ✓Poison Mushroom... One of you will be going home tonight.

Questions for everybody
You have now lost your second straight immunity competition. Are you getting discouraged? Do you think the Swole tribe is just too strong for you to handle?

Question for Poison Mushroom
As the tribe's returning player, do you feel you have taken on any sort of leadership role?

Question for HiipFire
Have you been able to interact much with your tribemates so far? How do you handle the time difference and how do you overcome that handicap?

Quick note, there is currently a big nasty storm in my area. If I'm knocked offline, PMom is on standby to take over this Tribal Council.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 21, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met posted:

Two losses early on is not a hopeless situation at all and is not indicative of the midgame.
Are you confident in your tribe's ability to compete with the Swole Tribe during challenges? To what do you ascribe your two losses so far?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poison Mushroom posted:

A bit. I wasn't here for the first one, and that can't be helped, but on this most recent one, we lost a lot of time due to miscommunication and an error in the tribedoc. I think that probably made some divides in the group that are going to come back to bite us later.
Of course, I've got to jump on this. Specifically, what happened? What is this division? Are you saying you're worried the Sexy tribe may be less tight than Swole in the event of a shuffle or merge?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Recursive posted:

PS - Where are you where you're getting weather warnings? For once, it's just cold and rainy here instead of 8" of snow in late April.
DC area. It was really nasty for the last 20-30 minutes but it seems like it may have cleared up some now. There were tornado warnings and poo poo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poison Mushroom posted:

And that's not even getting into how hard it was to get in contact with you about the puzzle because you never accepted some of our skype requests.
Send me a PM about this and we'll try to work it out. :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yes, everyone who's showed is cleared to send in their votes. However, two of you have yet to make an appearance. Should they be concerned?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I am Jeff Probst and after a hard day on the island running challenges and hosting Survivor I like to go home and unwind by hosting some Internet Survivor.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Roughly 10 minutes remaining until deadline. Those of you who are eligible but haven't submitted votes might want to do so.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

got it, I'll put you in my rolodex

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Without further ado, I'll go tally the votes.

First vote...

EXAKT Science.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote,

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Third vote...

That's three votes EXAKT Science.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fourth vote...

That's three votes EXAKT Science, and one vote... Wait, no, I'm being told that's four votes EXAKT Science.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's five votes EXAKT Science. That is enough.

EXAKT Science, bring me your torch. And with that, EXAKT Science has been eliminated from this game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Once again, the Sexy tribe on the same page. Will that be enough?

Once again, I'll see you all tomorrow at 8:30 PM EST. Immunity will be back up for grabs.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Alliances are an important part of Survivor. If you play alone, there will be no one to object when your name is pitched as the next boot. If nobody has come to you with an alliance offer, perhaps you should be proactive and go to them. You can always betray them later.

Why am I telling you this? Because right now, for this next event, I want each of you to find an ally from your tribe with whom you'll be partnered. Communication with your own tribe is open, and you will have a period of time in which to make your arrangements. Once you know the person you'll be working with, one of you will post it in this thread.

Each tribe has an odd number of players, so one person on each tribe may abstain from naming an ally. All players will be competing in the immunity challenge. Abstaining from naming an ally does not remove you from the immunity challenge ahead. The unallied slot is first come first serve, so claim it if you want it.

If someone in your tribe is absent, you may select them as your buddy without their consent if you so choose. If you post your pairing in the thread and they do not show up to object, it will become official. The challenge will start tonight, but won't conclude until Thursday.

You have 15 minutes to find your ally and post the information in this thread. You can post your duo as soon as you are ready. If you do not post a selection within the allotted time, arrangements will be made for you in alphabetical order. If you have any questions, please ask them here.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The entire Swole tribe has found their places within five minutes. Very fast teamwork.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sexy tribe, apparently still strategizing over their alliances. Which is the better approach?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

These are the pairs that were selected in each tribe, ordered in the sequence in which you signed up with your buddies in the thread.

Swole "pair" 1: Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, plus D. Coil
Swole pair 2: CirclMastr, MMM
Swole pair 3: imgay, AnAnonymousIdiot
Swole pair 4: garthoneye, Rurea

D. Coil, who was without a partner, will join pair 1, so that the first Swole group consists of Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, and D. Coil.

Sexy "pair" 1: Met, HiipFire. plus Poison Mushroom
Sexy pair 2: Jato, AnonymousNarcotics
Sexy pair 3 (by default): Recursive, Strong Mouse
Poison Mushroom, who is without a partner, will join pair 1, so that the first Sexy group consists of Met, HiipFire, and Poison Mushroom.

As of this point, all communication is hereby closed. No talking with anyone in any way until the challenge comes up. When the challenge is posted, it will make the communication rules clear.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 22, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

As fitness and fashion experts, you used to look like these people:

But now you look like this:

You may be stuck on an island, but there's no need to look like poo poo. Using materials gathered from your island and campsite, your task is to design some stylish new tribal wear. You will report to this thread on Thursday with mock ups of your designs. Explain to us what you've created and how. Your materials do not necessarily have to be in the above picture, but they must be things you would have available to you if you were really on a Survivor beach in a remote location, which we're saying you are.

You will be creating your designs with your new tribes. What better way to breed new tribe unity than working together to develop the official tribe wear of your respective new tribes?

Swole groups 1 and 4 will be joining Sexy group 1 in the new Ultra Swole tribe.

Swole pairs 2 and 3 will be joining Sexy pairs 2 and 3 in the new Super Sexy tribe.

Ultra Swole tribe
1 Chic Trombone
2 DoggPickle
3 D. Coil
4 Rurea
5 garthoneye
6 Met
7 HiipFire
8 Poison Mushroom

Super Sexy tribe
1 CirclMastr
2 MMM
3 imgay
4 AnAnonymousIdiot
5 Jato
6 AnonymousNarcotics
7 Recursive
8 Strong Mouse

Your old docs and group chats are now off-limits. You may not talk out of thread with people who are not in your new tribe.

You will be sent a link to your new tribe's camp by PM, and once there you can get right to work.

Judges will rate your presentation based on creativity, execution, viability, and the overall power of the statement you're making.

The judges will then each give you an overall score. The tribe with the highest average score wins immunity.

We'll see you back here Thursday at 8:30 PM EST.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 22, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

(You may now post in this thread while I queue up tribe link PMs and send them all at once.)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Are we drawing or making an irl costume for this challenge?
I had drawing/MS Painting/Photoshopping in mind since making an outfit out of chicken feathers and sticks for a person to actually wear irl seems pretty hard.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sure, I won't rule it out, but I'd be surprised if you can make something in real life that looks better than a fanciful drawing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

One outfit, though you can make a different version of it for men/women.

You can use multiple images to depict your design, but you may not want to overwhelm the judges. Post like 25 pictures and they might just want you to gently caress off. Scoring is up to the judges and some of them may appreciate simplicity.

Let's also assume production has given you some thread and glue so that even though you're only able to access materials from around camp, you can combine them without having to tie everything together with jungle vines.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

After a tribal shuffle, and with 40+ hours until your designs are due, you might want to consider writing a confessional. Sounds like a pretty good idea, doesn't it, haha.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 22, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Greetings everybody. Welcome to the Awful Survivor: You Look Like poo poo fashion show!

For the past 48 hours, you and your new teammates have been designing the official look of the Swole and Sexy tribes. Meanwhile, a panel of judges has been assembled to come here today and appraise your work.

As you know, in fashion, one week you're in, the next week you're out. The tribe with the lower score, taking the average of all judges' submitted scorecards at 9PM EST, will be seeing me on Monday for Tribal Council.

You may now post your designs and your accompanying words. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thank you, Swole and Sexy tribes. Some very good work.

As you know, judges will rate your presentation based on creativity, execution, viability, and the overall power of the statement you're making.

We will now await the reviews and scores from our panel.

Scores will be on a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being a perfect score.

• Locked thread