Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

DoggPickle posted:

Hahah I was wondering the exact same thing =D

:munch: Don't ogrethink it! :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I regained the M/P streak, did you guys miss that? I lost it so it was my destiny to return it.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! (congrats MMM!)

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hey, DoggPickle, I don't know how much this will matter coming from a stranger, but I feel you on this. You've just got out of two months of a game that you threw yourself wholeheartedly into. It makes sense to be feeling really upset and angry right now. I hope you feel better about this soon for your own sake because it's surprisingly difficult to end up losing one of these games especially after coming really close to winning!

As for not getting any votes, that's tough! I can say from a similar experience that it stings, like a lot more than you'd think it should! Who knows, maybe months from now you'll still be angry and hurt about this, but in my experience I came away feeling, yeah, a bit hurt, and months later I just genuinely felt my allies in the game had added something positive to my life and that the whole thing was a really good experience.

You can run over the dynamics of what caused everyone to vote the way they did over and over but in my opinion it probably won't make you feel any better. The game is done now and the more you dwell on the way you think it should have gone, the more upset and bitter you may feel. Of course, it's hard not to dwell so I'm not saying it won't happen. Just remember that regardless of the fact that you didn't win, you got drat close and that matters too. The whole game may feel more meaningful on a wider scale with some distance. I mean, at the very least you've created your own SA Reality Game War Stories which you can share in the future! And you were delightful to watch (loved that bushwacking through your yard video, btw).

Anyway, I hope you're doing all right and that the post-game blues fade soon. Feel better!

This is a really good post and basically nails everything I wanted to say to Doggpickle. Don't let getting caught up in whether you won or lost take away from the fun of it all / people you got to meet in the process :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

I had to hold myself back from doing a spit take when MMM didn't get dropped at the F4.

:ironicat:

Love ya PoP!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

mafia is dumb and also bad but join his game so you can experience the pain firsthand

In my experience, it takes about 5 games before Mafia becomes fun (but then it becomes really fun).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Adus posted:

this is an example of a bad game

Only the first four times :j:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MMT join my game

I'm making a conscious effort to not join more than 1 game at a time so as to keep Mafia fun :) If you need a replacement, hit me up.

• Locked thread