Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Rurea posted:

Hi friends I totally missed the challenge but I accept responsibility for my actions and will redeem myself in all future endeavors.

imgay posted:

Gj swoles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCkz0JsaU8k

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Rushed home from work to be there in a challenge (for once) for my tribe AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN MY TRIBE ANYMORE?!?!?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

I may not have muscles but I AM a swoled up mutation of a bacteria that will gently caress up your meat

(wait that's gonna make people wanna vote me out. please don't vote me out D:)

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Questions for everybody:

Is this a unified tribe, or are lines drawn along pre-shuffle lines despite the early shuffle?

I think we're gonna find out some answers in regards to that tonight. I'd love a unified tribe like I'm sure we all would but somebody has to go home and with such a whirlwind turnaround in terms of the tribe swap and the challenge, it might have been difficult for people to stray from those pre-shuffle lines.

quote:

This is a game with Hidden Immunity Idols. Have you given any thought to who, if anyone, might have an idol in their pocket?[/b]

Hearing a former Sexy tribe member openly talking about knowledge of idol clues going out is concerning, considering that they know they're in the minority. I certainly haven't gotten any idol clues or heard any rumblings about an idol. If you wanna talk about tribal unity then masking your knowledge of any idols that may be out there might not be the best way to achieve that.

Fast Luck posted:

Optional question for the original Swole players: Any response to this? None of you reached out to Met after the shuffle?

Only one person reached out to me and I'm supposedly in the Swole majority so it's not just the Sexys who are concerned about a lack of communication from their tribemates.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

gently caress it, I'm not gonna be passive aggressive. I'm gonna do what I do and speak my mind about this.

D. Coil, the lack of communication with you certainly wasn't for lack of trying. Not a single post in the thread, even, before tonight? Maybe you really didn't have access to the doc, but you didn't find anything weird about that after a week and a challenge? And then suddenly come back in, conveniently right during tribal, trying to point the finger and insinuate that we cut you out of the loop?

I don't like that at all, I don't like whatever game you're trying to play.

I insinuated nothing about being cut out of the loop. I simply replied to Met saying that no one went out of his way to talk to him and saying "I'd say that's telling." I just wanted to make the point that it wasn't just Sexy members who hadn't had much communication with the tribe and that it wasn't necessarily "telling" of how there's a tribal split.

As far as the challenge goes, I wasn't there and I let us down. I have my reasons (settling back in to my old job, which I started again last week) but nobody cares about those. Like the rest of you, I thought our design was the best and we got a raw deal from the judges.

I'm here tonight because it's a tribal and I think everyone in the tribe should be here and answering questions and taking the heat, regardless of whether they've been the most active players or not. I resent the notion that I'm "conveniently" here during tribal - I'm here because we're all in this mess and we all should be here together, taking the heat together and answering Jeff's questions and each other's comments together. The people who AREN'T here are the ones who deserve more scorn than those who have missed challenges, at least in my opinion.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

I will (attempt to) track everything in our tribedoc

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I couldn't participate in this challenge but I specced my team and holy poo poo they were prepared. Sorry swole. We have the sexy AND the brains

And the drugs!

Make all the Sexys pee in a cup imo.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

OMG JEFF *DID* MAKE THEM PEE IN A CUP AND THEY FAILED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

E: wait no he didn't not woo :(

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Hi Swoles. Sorry I'm late for tribal council. I couldn't exactly race home from work tonight. On my way to work, I hit a deer going 70 MPH on the highway so that's how my day is going. Though I guess I'm lucky I'm not dead and my car's not completely totaled (it hit the front of my passenger side door/my right headlight) so I got that going for me.

It's nice to hear people appreciating my effort to help out in the challenge last night. I understand I'm on the chopping block and I knew that even before I got votes last round. I can only hope my attempts to participate more will factor in to people's evaluation of my value to the tribe. I also have tried to communicate with more people before this vote and I will continue to try and strengthen the bonds with my tribemates if I'm lucky enough to make it past tonight.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

It wasn't a big deer, it was one of those smaller faster ones. As soon as I saw it it sprinted right at me. Pretty much a suicide attempt.

I'd be crazy to think I'm safe tonight but everyone's positive words for me gives me a bit more comfort than I had going in to the last vote. I certainly hope we're a united five although ideally we'd be a united tribe in total and everyone be on the same page tonight (as long as that page isn't voting me out!)

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

D. Coil, between work, the deer, and everything else, were you able to come to this Tribal with a plan fully prepared?

No, I'm kind of a hot mess right now and I'm just gonna have to put my near-death experience (or near emergency room experience) aside and do what's best for my game in this game.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

In response to his gesture, I'd like to play a fake idol for Met. I think my car has some remnants of the deer so lemme give those to you Jeff.....

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Has anyone ever played a fake idol for somebody else in the actual Survivor? I don't think so, right? Just....drat. What a crazy day for me.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Last Tribal Council, the way things went down were pretty crazy with Met's fake idol. What was the fallout from that TC?

I bet the fake idol that was so graciously given to me last tribal on Money Mayweather and won another fake idol! Will I pay it forward to someone tonight? You'll just have to wait and see! Other than that, not much.

quote:

After losing your third straight challenge, it's starting to look like you're outmatched. Why does Sexy keep winning, and what can the Swole tribe do to stop Sexy's momentum?

Sometimes when you flip a coin, it keeps coming up heads. I thought we were much improved in the last challenge and that's all you can keep hoping for is improvement. If we keep getting better, we'll start winning challenges.

quote:

With each subsequent vote, this tribe is getting smaller and there are fewer places to hide. Can you feel the walls closing in? What happens if this tribe dwindles down to 4, or 3?

Absolutely I feel the walls closing in. Looking at that list of names, there aren't a lot of possibilities for who might go home tonight. The odds for any one of us going home tonight are higher than I think any of us are comfortable with. That's not a good feeling.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Rurea posted:

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Seconded. It's especially appreciated from my end given your snappiness (is that a word?) at me a couple of tribals ago for having the nerve to show up to tribal and I'm glad to hear that my efforts that challenge weren't entirely in vain.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

what's good world

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

and as my tribe is already painfully aware, i can't skype because i have a chromebook!

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

n/m

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

no thx

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Question for all
During last night's challenge, the Sexy tribe came to a unified agreement on whom to vote out. This seems to suggest they're a unified group. Worried about your position in the merger?

I think us Swoles have done more than enough to prove our unity as a group. It's a shame myself or Rurea has to go home tonight but that doesn't change the fact that we've been tight knit and hopefully will continue to be as this game progresses.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

My reaction is that I don't care what the other tribe thinks.

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Has anyone contacted you about this vote? Have you heard anything to indicate your tribe not playing last night's challenge, not making a single trade, could mean something other than your departure tonight?

I was born at night but not last night. I'm aware of what the likely outcome tonight is. I would argue that keeping me would be keeping someone who has proven both their loyalty to you as well as someone whom you could probably put together quite a convincing argument against in a final tribal situation - as opposed to Rurea who I think has clearly been one of the best players in the game thus far and thusly one of the biggest threats going forward but I support my tribe in whatever decision they make. I had a chance to betray them back when Met went home and I didn't because I felt loyal to them then and I still do today no matter what happens tonight and whatever other accusations the other tribe or whoever else might throw out. Perhaps I'm seen as the easy vote tonight but you don't win Survivor by doing what's easy. You win Survivor by looking beyond what's easy and doing what's difficult but smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imidge
Aug 16, 2003

i was so close ;_;

Good luck guys. Hope it's one of you who wins rather than one of those other tribe people who open their mouths about things that have nothing to do with them.

• Locked thread