Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
my analysis of the match from a toon perspective-

sissoko wants out
cabella is a wasteman
obertan is a wasteman
perez is a hardworking talent in a poo poo team
williamson is in the wrong league
anita is in the wrong league
taylor is broken, rip
gutierrez is broken, rip
janmaat is hardworking talent in a poo poo team
krul is world class 1% of the time and average the rest

liverpoo are poo poo to only win 2-0 against that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tetsuo posted:

I deffo believe mike ashley is going to invest 100m and get a v good "coach" from the continent in this summer and games like this will just be a distant memory

it's going to be a very disappointing summer for u

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Isn't that the second time sissoko's got sent off for 2 stupid yellows this season? The eternal problem with the francophone players is they get linked with arsenal once and think they're too good for our lovely team, something Graham Carr should consider imo

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Rakosi posted:

my analysis of the match from a toon perspective-

sissoko wants out
cabella is a wasteman
obertan is a wasteman
perez is a hardworking talent in a poo poo team
williamson is in the wrong league
anita is in the wrong league
taylor is broken, rip
gutierrez is broken, rip
janmaat is hardworking talent in a poo poo team

liverpoo are poo poo to only win 2-0 against that

:agreed:

Although I think Cabella would be better in a team that can pass and create space for him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'd love moyes and some mid table consistency tbh because winning and losing now and then is far better than 1 good streak then losing all the time

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

TRP toon support group ITT :(

that sterling goal and that backheel after tho

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i hope it's someone completely left field and poo poo like the Souness appointment

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jose posted:

i'd love moyes and some mid table consistency tbh because winning and losing now and then is far better than 1 good streak then losing all the time
I'd rather risk it on someone who just might be able to do something than take on David Moyes and know for certain that you'll come 10th for the next five years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hoops posted:

I'd rather risk it on someone who just might be able to do something than take on David Moyes and know for certain that you'll come 10th for the next five years.

he had everton in the uefa cup fairly regularly which is the best we're likely to get outside of exceptional circumstances

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

we need to be getting a lot more out of a club of this size and wealth. aren't the toon like the 13th-14th richest club in europe? nowhere near 13th or 14th best in the league, let alone across the continent

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Just popping in to say:

2 easy.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rakosi posted:

we need to be getting a lot more out of a club of this size and wealth. aren't the toon like the 13th-14th richest club in europe? nowhere near 13th or 14th best in the league, let alone across the continent

ermm... Newcastle are currently 13th in the league... so....

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
I'm realising I'm fairly care-mad at sissoko, who clearly is a pretty good player who just won't put a shift in. It's come to something when you're getting nostalgic for the days of Kebab, another petulant French oval office who at least played quite well when he wasn't "on strike"

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

loving lol, rogers called us Sunderland by mistake in his post-match interview.

kill me now

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

JFairfax posted:

ermm... Newcastle are currently 13th in the league... so....

and it flatters us a lot is what im implying

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

6 red cards in 6 games against liverpool that has to be a record

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Wembley next weekend :)

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rakosi posted:

and it flatters us a lot is what im implying

and you and prob won't be in 13th after next weekend!!

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hoops posted:

Moyes is a much better manager than this, baffling to say otherwise

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
moyes would be better than newcastle deserve

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope Newcastle hire someone hilarious. Preferably someone that's completely out of touch with modern football and who swears a lot. Maybe they could mispronounce people's names too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope Newcastle hire someone hilarious. Preferably someone that's completely out of touch with modern football and who swears a lot. Maybe they could mispronounce people's names too.

I got halfway through this before I realized you were talking about Kinnear and not Shearer. I don't know which one id like more tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

Magath coach, Kinnear DOF?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Rakosi posted:

how does that work

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

8raz posted:

how does that work

well he very occasionally pulls an amazing save out of the hat and the rest of the time he's average, you see

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Every keeper in the top three divisions is capable of the odd amazing save.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

This doesn't apply to Krul particularly, but if any keeper is described as "he's a good shot stopper, but" that means he's a bad goalkeeper.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Would anyone sign a keeper if they were not any good at stopping shots

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

Leeds seem to do it pretty often

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

The point is that's the minimum they should be. Every goalkeeper in the world has quick reactions but those kind of keepers always cost as many points as they win you. A shite winger like Obertan is "great pace, but". Half the fullbacks in the league are "good going forward, but".

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hoops posted:

The point is that's the minimum they should be. Every goalkeeper in the world has quick reactions but those kind of keepers always cost as many points as they win you. A shite winger like Obertan is "great pace, but". Half the fullbacks in the league are "good going forward, but".

Well yeah, but if your keeper was great in the air, brilliant at organising the defense, had good distribution and was a leader on and off the pitch, but was actually poo poo at stopping shots fired at him, would he be worth signing? It seems like stopping shots is more important than all their other attributes

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Well yeah, but if your keeper was great in the air, brilliant at organising the defense, had good distribution and was a leader on and off the pitch, but was actually poo poo at stopping shots fired at him, would he be worth signing? It seems like stopping shots is more important than all their other attributes

Paul Robinson?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Thats John Ruddy

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bogan Krkic posted:

End-career Van Der Saar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

This is a perfect description of Pepe Reina in his last season or two at Liverpool.

• Locked thread