Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Obama should've amended the constitution in 09-11 to abolish term limits imho. Dude could've been president for at least another 3-4 terms. Maybe he can manufacture a crisis in the next year to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Kuato posted:

Obama should've amended the constitution in 09-11 to abolish term limits imho. Dude could've been president for at least another 3-4 terms. Maybe he can manufacture a crisis in the next year to do this.

Somebody hasn't watched the schoolhouse rock amendment video.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Universe Master posted:

"wacky hijinks" is a funny way to spell 20 year old interns.

Yeah, and?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really care either way because they're all pieces of poo poo, but what is it like to be the kind of person that whenever the media reports something negative about a democrat, the line is, "LOL at the things the GOP pursues?" Do you think the GOP is running the free media? I mean, you know democrats are crooked pieces of poo poo right alongside the republicans, right? Is it like my gramma and her religious stuff? God has a reason for errything so Hillary has a reason for trashing all her emails and it's good for us?

I see otherwise smart people acting that way and it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe some people are just genetically predisposed to need to have faith and spirituality even if they don't realize it and actively mock the concept while fully embracing it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GORDON posted:

I don't really care either way because they're all pieces of poo poo, but what is it like to be the kind of person that whenever the media reports something negative about a democrat, the line is, "LOL at the things the GOP pursues?" Do you think the GOP is running the free media? I mean, you know democrats are crooked pieces of poo poo right alongside the republicans, right? Is it like my gramma and her religious stuff? God has a reason for errything so Hillary has a reason for trashing all her emails and it's good for us?

I see otherwise smart people acting that way and it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe some people are just genetically predisposed to need to have faith and spirituality even if they don't realize it and actively mock the concept while fully embracing it.

Both sides right?
The truth is in the middle.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

GORDON posted:

But those millionaires have Ds in front of their names. Not like the millionaires with Rs in front of their names.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Liberals lose because they loving don't vote. Super depressing to know most people agree with liberals in person but in practice are massive piles of complacent crap.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Super depressing to know most people agree with liberals
:agreed:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I want a cool, single president that has an extremely public and engaging dating life while in office for everyone to get super distracted by while they push their agenda through behind a smokescreen of flabbergasted conservatives wondering way too hard if the prez is boning a hot single tonight or not.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I want a cool, single president that has an extremely public and engaging dating life while in office for everyone to get super distracted by while they push their agenda through behind a smokescreen of flabbergasted conservatives wondering way too hard if the prez is boning a hot single tonight or not.

Kennedy is dead

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

Kennedy is dead

:911:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't mind Hilary but man I don't want to hear about this for 2 more years. Plus it's the red team's turn anyway, so no matter what we're getting a red guy for 8 years. democrats dont actually think they get the presidency again do they?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Hillary comes off as arrogant and elitist in most of her public speaking things. I don't know why they think she could be a serious contender, she will fail.
Bush/Rand 2016

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I don't mind Hilary but man I don't want to hear about this for 2 more years. Plus it's the red team's turn anyway, so no matter what we're getting a red guy for 8 years. democrats dont actually think they get the presidency again do they?

There's little chance of a Republican beating Clinton. Barring some huge controversy, Hillary will be president for the next 8 years.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

redshirt posted:

There's little chance of a Republican beating Clinton. Barring some huge controversy, Hillary will be president for the next 8 years.

If Clinton is the candidate we'll have the lowest turnout of any modern election. The elephants have nobody, but maybe even nobody can win with only old white people voting.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Universe Master posted:

If Clinton is the candidate we'll have the lowest turnout of any modern election. The elephants have nobody, but maybe even nobody can win with only old white people voting.

Disagree. Hillary will energize a unique voter base - for example, she'll probably win West Virginia whereas Obama never had a chance.

But you're right about the Repukes - they've got nothing. Jeb Bush would theoretically be the best of these freaks, but he's an idiot too and his name should be toxic.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

Look that'd be marginally less bad than having a red skull in office, but it's their freaking turn. I bet you a detailed drawing of Hilary slaying her GOP contenders if she wins. It can't happen, no blue rear end will take the presidential throne again this decade.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Look that'd be marginally less bad than having a red skull in office, but it's their freaking turn. I bet you a detailed drawing of Hilary slaying her GOP contenders if she wins. It can't happen, no blue rear end will take the presidential throne again this decade.

I'd be willing to bet real money you're wrong. Hillary will be the next president. There's no dynamic of "taking turns" when it comes to the Presidency.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

bill is gonna gently caress some campaign worker and blow everything up.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Universe Master posted:

bill is gonna gently caress some campaign worker and blow everything up.

I feel like this would be a plus, not a negative.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

redshirt posted:

I feel like this would be a plus, not a negative.

could be verrrrry interesting if she actually divorces him

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I"m debating volunteering for her campaign here in Iowa. She's not GREAT but she's not terrible either. Literally anything other than a Republican would be better though, regardless of your political stance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'd be willing to bet real money you're wrong. Hillary will be the next president. There's no dynamic of "taking turns" when it comes to the Presidency.

there has been my entire life, the only verifiable period of history. i'd bet money if I had any, that's why i wagered a drawing.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

I am a republican who believes that the midterm election results are an accurate portrayal of the state of the country, Romney is going to clean up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
too bad reagan's kids are all gently caress ups

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Slugnoid posted:

do hilary's interns also get to put cigars in her pussy?

man i hope so

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

I strongly feel that in the era of connectivity that voting should be compulsory and voting should be extended to a multiday affair starting over a weekend with easier access to absentee/mail in voting.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
As if there is even a difference between political parties, especially in the USA.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

vote for weed

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the dems will win but only because of voter fraud

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

gently caress yea

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

there has been my entire life, the only verifiable period of history. i'd bet money if I had any, that's why i wagered a drawing.

If there was a viable Republican candidate I'd probably agree with you. But, alas...

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Democrats only exist because of women. Hilary is gonna do pretty well.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

NihilismNow posted:

As if there is even a difference between political parties, especially in the USA.

There's a huge difference. One party sincerely tries to run the government as best as possible. The other party is a literal radical group of extremists who seek nothing other than destroying current American society.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

There's a huge difference. One party sincerely tries to run the government as best as possible. The other party is a literal radical group of extremists who seek nothing other than destroying current American society.

The GOP literally has to pander to religious dominionists and pass unConstitutional poo poo to keep thier voting block there. WIthout the crazy religious people they have no party. I feel like the "Libertarian" wing could co exist with the Big Business wing and suss out compromises. But you put in that religious aspect and they go off the rails crazy and become an absolutely terrible amalgamation of the worst aspects of politics.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I strongly feel that in the era of connectivity that voting should be compulsory and voting should be extended to a multiday affair starting over a weekend with easier access to absentee/mail in voting.

let people vote via twitter imo

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

let people vote via twitter imo

i'm all for online voting but you would need a strong form of two-factor auth to keep voter fraud down and i think it would just get too expensive to mail everyone RSA tokens

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
would u bone hilary clinton

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Jastiger posted:

Liberals lose because they loving don't vote. Super depressing to know most people agree with liberals in person but in practice are massive piles of complacent crap.

Maybe they're idiots with bad reasoning skills and shouldn't vote, ever think of that?

"man all these people are so smart and ready for some change we can really believe in but they just can't get off the couch"

goddamn libtards for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Zzulu posted:

would u bone hilary clinton

college age hillary was hot

• Locked thread