Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't mind Hilary but man I don't want to hear about this for 2 more years. Plus it's the red team's turn anyway, so no matter what we're getting a red guy for 8 years. democrats dont actually think they get the presidency again do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

There's little chance of a Republican beating Clinton. Barring some huge controversy, Hillary will be president for the next 8 years.

Look that'd be marginally less bad than having a red skull in office, but it's their freaking turn. I bet you a detailed drawing of Hilary slaying her GOP contenders if she wins. It can't happen, no blue rear end will take the presidential throne again this decade.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'd be willing to bet real money you're wrong. Hillary will be the next president. There's no dynamic of "taking turns" when it comes to the Presidency.

there has been my entire life, the only verifiable period of history. i'd bet money if I had any, that's why i wagered a drawing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
too bad reagan's kids are all gently caress ups

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jastiger posted:

The GOP literally has to pander to religious dominionists and pass unConstitutional poo poo to keep thier voting block there. WIthout the crazy religious people they have no party. I feel like the "Libertarian" wing could co exist with the Big Business wing and suss out compromises. But you put in that religious aspect and they go off the rails crazy and become an absolutely terrible amalgamation of the worst aspects of politics.

I mean, it's not like Big Business actually has anything to worry about from Dems.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
all i really want for the next president is someone who will get rid of the insurance mandate

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
supports unions? unless there's some sprectral unions I don't know about, that whole thing was as good as dead the day we discovered computers and poor people overseas

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

considering that would basically destroy the insurance industry that probably won't happen

well then make an exception for people who don't go to the doctor or hospital and kind of want to die

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

Dems support unions. Do you disagree?

Sure, Billy Clinton outsourced the entire American manufacturing sector, but still supported unions.

i mean, i guess, but i don't think you can really support something that doesnt exist. dems also support deathcamps, but those also dont exist so it only matters if union is one of your trigger words

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i know the bitcoiners pain, i got my neopets account frozen with over 15 million neopoints in the bank and in stocks

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
FEMA deathcamps dont act like you havent seen them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

etalian posted:

given the average health and fitness of red states, I don't think the FEMA death camps will even be necessary.

i never knew what horror-movie fear analogy fema death camps were supposed to represent anyway, best interpretation i can think of is using them to kill off the sick and old which would be great if those weren't the some of the mosting demanding and votingest groups

edit: when I get old I promise not to vote and just slip quietly into peace while kids are getting nanobots injected into their assholes or whatever while they be a worthless egneration of lazies or whatever young generations do

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 11, 2015

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

At this point I'll put my money on Republican for the next 8 years purely because I think the every eight years white house flip hypothesis has some merit; but I reserve the right to change my guess when the Republican Primary is concluded.

I haven't been looking but I don't see a dark horse break out republican and for the last ... eh 24 years there has been no strong republican candidate (for some value of "strong").

Yes this means I think George W Bush's election success was primarily name recognition and due to the American voters flipping the white house every 8 years rather than any intrinsic quality George W Bush had.

Place your bets everyone, lets see where the ball lands this time.

I'm telling you man, there will be grave consequences for the first team to cut in line.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

i know none of you actually want to, but you should force yourself to actually watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uY7gLZDmn4

its your duty

I wish I could force a smile and chuckle while lightly elbowing a stranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the best thing i can say about these ever increasing election cycles is that at least they don't play christmas music the whole time

• Locked thread