Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Bill is gonna gently caress Huma Weiner with his humongous wiener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
My favorite part of this election is how the Democrats aren't really having much of a primary, and we are all supposed to pretend that this occurred naturally and is not the result of years of behind the scenes arm-twisting by the Clinton machine.

"You will vote for Hillary and you will like it, or you might as well be voting for the Republican candidate RoboHitler."

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Helical Nightmares posted:

While true that Hillary's campaign functionaries are militant, functionally how is the 2016 Democratic Primary really any different from the Republican Primary that anointed George W. Bush.

In both cases, the nominees were a foregone conclusion. The Republican primary was just more entertaining because you had idiots coming out of the woodwork who wanted to run for their party's nomination to increase their "standing" in the party or because they were delusional narcissists who truly thought they could win.

Also I've come to the conclusion that for some people, running for President is a lifelong goal. I don't think they really expect to win, it just a thing some rich people do like climbing Mount Everest. :shrug:

I don't believe for one second that there is nobody in the Democratic Party to the left of Hillary Clinton that seriously wants to be President.

The Wall Street branch of the Democratic Party wanted to make sure that there was zero chance that an economic populist or someone critical of Wall Street would win the nomination, and they accomplished this.

• Locked thread