Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

TEAYCHES posted:

i know none of you actually want to, but you should force yourself to actually watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uY7gLZDmn4

its your duty

I watched this video earlier today and I can't remember a second of it (outside of the woman flexing while holding her kid but that's because I just saw it again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

etalian posted:

When you factor in everything the most recent presidental election cost $1 billion dollars.

It was probably closer to about $1 billion per major party, so double that. Clinton's team are aiming for $2.5 billion by themselves. The Republican nominees are busy right now, not just with regular donors but trying to get sugar daddies like Sheldon Adelson to basically single-handedly finance their primary campaigns (this is why Newt Gingrich in 2012...happened at all) before they go onto the general where they'll certainly be able to keep pace with the Clinton team.

... =I

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A coworker told me today that Hillary "would have us in a shootin' war in 6 months" if elected because she'd have to in order to project strength to world since she's a womerns.

Goddammit why couldn't Warren or Sanders run? Sure, they'd never win, but it would at least guarantee a year and a half's worth of politicians being forced to talk about wealth disparity on TV.

Sanders is probably going to run. It'll be interesting to see:
- how serious Hillary takes him
- if he'll actually try to push anything on Hillary to bring those issues to the forefront
- how Rahm Emanuel will go about murdering him

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

he's not going to run, sorry

He said by the end of the month, so, we'll see. He certainly isn't going to win the nomination either way but he strikes me a bit of the Kucinich-esque "gently caress it I'll give it a shot" type.

spacemang_spliff posted:

kerry got 90%

democrats presidential noms get like 80-90% p regularly

Ever since Goldwater basically.

• Locked thread