Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
That script is legitimately good. I laughed out loud several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

That script is legitimately good. I laughed out loud several times.

Same, and the Jin Yang stuff was spot on.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

that script misses almost everything that's great about silicon valley

the show isn't about the hostility of working in that environment, but about the absurdity of it having to be that hostile - when a character makes a sex joke it's never actually supposed to be an insult, the timing of jokes on the show almost make a commentary on how silly it is for a character to say something like that at that particular moment

on the other hand, you have a rape joke by gilfoyle asking richard to eat a dick when he's interviewing new ceo candidates...

this is the kind of script someone who's offended by the show but wants to be 'in' on the joke would produce pretty much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ernie. posted:

that script misses almost everything that's great about silicon valley

the show isn't about the hostility of working in that environment, but about the absurdity of it having to be that hostile - when a character makes a sex joke it's never actually supposed to be an insult, the timing of jokes on the show almost make a commentary on how silly it is for a character to say something like that at that particular moment

on the other hand, you have a rape joke by gilfoyle asking richard to eat a dick when he's interviewing new ceo candidates...

this is the kind of script someone who's offended by the show but wants to be 'in' on the joke would produce pretty much.

Agreed. Though I think it's more of a person wanting to be "in" on the joke, but not being very funny. And why would Laurie Snapchat a picture of fire to Richard even though they had Monica fire him? Makes no sense.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Agreed. Though I think it's more of a person wanting to be "in" on the joke, but not being very funny. And why would Laurie Snapchat a picture of fire to Richard even though they had Monica fire him? Makes no sense.

I thought it was funny :) but Laurie's character did seem 'off', way more casual than she was on the show.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

this is a joke, right? i mean, a joke that you're saying this, right?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fleshweasel posted:

this is a joke, right? i mean, a joke that you're saying this, right?

a mike judge show would NEVER reference a penis and this script is JUVENILE!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Defend 9/11!!!

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

Yea, I dunno what that means.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3508988

Glad to see Pied Piper updated their identity and put together a decent business model.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I'd probably be Julia Stiles too.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A season 3 teaser is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMAUG8oVY_4

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:3 Lildog!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Deadpool is a great movie, but it's so weird to see T.J. Miller play a character that's the complete opposite of his character on Silicon Valley.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

Deadpool is a great movie, but it's so weird to see T.J. Miller play a character that's the complete opposite of his character on Silicon Valley.

Are you trolling? Because in the dp preview he seems the same. (Haven't seen the movie yet)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Are you trolling? Because in the dp preview he seems the same. (Haven't seen the movie yet)
His character is sarcastic like Erlich, but he plays a big nerd. In Deadpool, he certainly doesn't strike me as a guy who would put his balls on a table to neg venture capitalists.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I would un ironically use that "order food to pick up in an airport terminal" app.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

I would un ironically use that "order food to pick up in an airport terminal" app.

That seems like a fantastic idea,the more i think about it.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is this a reference to the show that I can't remember, because this is actually a thing...

Edit: Specifically I was thinking of http://airgrub.com who tried to recruit me at some point.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 14, 2016

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I got ridiculously annoyed when I saw TJ Miller in the Deadpool trailer because it seemed like he should've been the lead.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VagueRant posted:

I got ridiculously annoyed when I saw TJ Miller in the Deadpool trailer because it seemed like he should've been the lead.
TJ Miller is great, but in terms of star power, he's no Ryan Reynolds.

His Super Bowl commercial for Shock Top got an eyebrow raise from me, though, considering how much product placement there was for Ballast Point last season. If you're gonna promote a craft-like label created by a beer conglomerate, at least make it Blue Moon. Their beers are much better than Shock Top's.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

TJ Miller is great, but in terms of star power, he's no Ryan Reynolds.

His Super Bowl commercial for Shock Top got an eyebrow raise from me, though, considering how much product placement there was for Ballast Point last season. If you're gonna promote a craft-like label created by a beer conglomerate, at least make it Blue Moon. Their beers are much better than Shock Top's.

He's also been shilling Smirnoff in commercials with Thomas Muppetitch; I don't think he cares much about the quality; its probably just free booze/money for him.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
He plays a living mucus in another commercial, I don't think he gives a poo poo.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Dude is just crazy. He smashed raw eggs on himself while wearing a tux on Colbert's late show just for the punchline of "having egg on him."

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

bull3964 posted:

Dude is just crazy. He smashed raw eggs on himself while wearing a tux on Colbert's late show just for the punchline of "having egg on him."

I will support him forever because he called retard techies on their bullshit when they got him to host the "crunchies". Go to the space of one of the best symphonies in the world and act flabbergasted that the wall of noteworthy people isn't full of tech retards? Do these stupid billionaires not get that not everything in the world exists for their praise, consumption, or financial gain? :argh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trying to find highlights of just him at the Crunchies... I forgot about that.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
If you like TJ Miller's Crunchies performance, also check out John Oliver's: http://splitsider.com/2014/02/john-oliver-rips-on-the-high-functioning-nerds-at-the-crunchies-awards/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FetusSlapper posted:

He's also been shilling Smirnoff in commercials with Thomas Muppetitch; I don't think he cares much about the quality; its probably just free booze/money for him.

TJ Miller always jokes about the ranger role in Yogi Bear 3D being the highlight of his movie career.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

etalian posted:

TJ Miller always jokes about the ranger role in Yogi Bear 3D being the highlight of his movie career.

More so than being the voice of mucus on Mucinex commercials?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Solice Kirsk posted:

More so than being the voice of mucus on Mucinex commercials?

He's been doing the yogi bear jokes for years, mucinex is new. His ads are usually funny and he said on Twitter he does them to support his real work like Gorburger.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TJ Miller needs to invade more random midwest morning shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmlkOP6WMs

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Is there gonna be a new thread for S3?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
No posts for two months? Jeez, for the amount of press they've been doing, it seems like there's not much hype. :smith:

I just hope the new season has more episodes with like the one with the pros and cons of letting the guy live. You know...comedic situations. And less of Pied Piper being held back ever so unsatisfyingly at every hurdle.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They're held back because when they succeed they become billionaires and the show's Entourage.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

They're held back because when they succeed they become billionaires and the show's Entourage.
Now I want to see Mike Judge do a take on Entourage.

Yeah, somebody should do a new thread. Season 3 starts in less than three hours.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
RIGBY...!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My... Aviato?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yesss, criminal attorney's back

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm loving how flutterbeam is a parody on snapchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Holy poo poo, $20 million for Big Head.

• Locked thread