Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What a bad episode. This last episode was even worse than when they had the kid delete their code because they had no repository. This show is so genius for 9/10ths, but so retarded for the remaining 1/10th. It's like 9 episodes are written by actual intelligent, experienced people, and one episode per year is written by my grandpa.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

OldSenileGuy posted:

OH MY GOD SHUT UP ABOUT THE DELETE KEY

No.

If I want a delete key to be a major plot point I'd watch NCIS ISIS: CYBER on CBS.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Do Filipinos find this amusing?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Jake Armitage posted:

That's about 70% of what we do, yeah. Business is good.

edit in case you're interested, we basically do a couple things: help these guys reign in their "big idea" and come up with a strategy that actually makes sense in the real world, go over the technology and figure out what of their crazy idea is actually doable in 2015, and then get into development ASAP by actually bringing in developers, of which these startups almost always have none. And this is almost always after they've blown through their initial funding, so we usually prototype the thing and help them put together what they need to go out and raise more funding, this time with a hell of a lot more organization.

I don't understand what the need of the original startup people is once you actually bring in your own developers. If you like their idea, and you have your own developers, can't you just build it yourself and completely discard the startup people?

Or is it just smart to have their company take out the loans and other such things to minimize your liability?

• Locked thread