Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Talking about all the money they're going to make? It's yet another reason for people to talk about their show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Mouse Dresser posted:

We're ready at my house. Bring on the bloodshed.

for the night is dark and full of terriers

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Talking about all the money they're going to make? It's yet another reason for people to talk about their show.

It kind of takes the wind out of the sails of HBO Now's biggest selling point though.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh god drat it.

The leaked episodes aren't even in 1080p, why bother? :colbert:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Kevyn posted:

It kind of takes the wind out of the sails of HBO Now's biggest selling point though.

Clearly the culprit must be someone who despise the Apple tie-in.

Google did it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deakul posted:

Oh god drat it.

The leaked episodes aren't even in 1080p, why bother? :colbert:
Well in all fairness, when I saw the season premiere the other night at an official HBO event at a local university, I don't think that was HD either. It was shown on an improperly-calibrated projector in an auditorium so the colors were hosed up at times and the whole thing seemed kind of blurry and lacking definition.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Kevyn posted:

Have you considered the option that it rather ensures that HBO's own servers won't be overloaded?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well in all fairness, when I saw the season premiere the other night at an official HBO event at a local university, I don't think that was HD either. It was shown on an improperly-calibrated projector in an auditorium so the colors were hosed up at times and the whole thing seemed kind of blurry and lacking definition.

drat, that's almost not even worth it then.

I think I'll try my damnedest to wait every week and pray to the old gods and new that I don't get spoiled for a month.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

meristem posted:

Have you considered the option that it rather ensures that HBO's own servers won't be overloaded?

No, this is not actually a possibility. Like, at all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pentyne posted:

Someone at HBO is losing their mind right now. I bet every person involved in GoT is awake and on the phone right now.

Every person? Now I have a mental image of Kristian Nairn angrily yelling Hodor into a phone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spoeank posted:

Every person? Now I have a mental image of Kristian Nairn angrily yelling Hodor into a phone

The producers are currently trying to figure out whether to send Hafthor to intimidate the pirates or Isaac Hempstead-Wright, since they're probably both roughly the same height by now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

pentyne posted:

Someone at HBO is losing their mind right now. I bet every person involved in GoT is awake and on the phone right now.

Perhaps they'll pull a Netflix and dump the first 4-5 episodes on HBOGo tomorrow, to the cries of TV networks worldwide.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

kloa posted:

Some reddit nerds are stating 6 eps are in possession now to be released.

millions of GoT fans are going to torrent the poo poo out of it and whoever leaked it is going to be sued into oblivion if they can ever find them.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
They just need to start sending out screeners one at a time. I'd have thought they learned their lesson with The Wire seasons 4 and 5.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Zythrst posted:

They just need to start sending out screeners one at a time. I'd have thought they learned their lesson with The Wire seasons 4 and 5.

Anyone could still rip the data off the disc and upload it later, though

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

NutritiousSnack posted:

millions of GoT fans are going to torrent the poo poo out of it and whoever leaked it is going to be sued into oblivion if they can ever find them.
This was released by a group who presumably know what they're doing. Most oscar nominees have their screeners leaked every year, if it's not a single person just running his screener through Handbrake and putting it up somewhere (like the guy who got caught a few years ago for the Wolverine leak) they're not gonna catch anyone.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

what the ufck, tywin dies in season 5?

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Yeah that's a huge spoiler. They never actually SHOWED him dead, just shot in the chest with a crossbow. He could still be alive! Those bells ringing were just a distraction.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the whole thing seemed kind of blurry and lacking definition.

That's true to the 5th book.:downsrim:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They should remake Lawrence of Arabia with the guy who plays Jorah. He is pretty much what I picture in my head whenever I think of that movie. Who's with me?

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

No he's just getting surgery on his eyes done. It's a Lannister trait.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

They should remake Lawrence of Arabia with the guy who plays Jorah. He is pretty much what I picture in my head whenever I think of that movie. Who's with me?

Not gay enough

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Lawrence looks nothing like Ian Glen, he did look almost exactly like Peter O'Toole though. Lawrence of Arabia is one of the few films that should never be remade as its just perfect in every last detail.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would be okay with a Disney/Michael Bay
LoA remake.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kevyn posted:

Streaming video services are no longer the sole purview of the type of people that torrent videos.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, I take it that we've all decided against watching the leaked episodes? Or is the discussion mostly in the spoiler thread at the moment? :kiddo:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Deakul posted:

So, I take it that we've all decided against watching the leaked episodes? Or is the discussion mostly in the spoiler thread at the moment? :kiddo:

TVIV rules are to spoiler tag all leaked material, but I don't think anyone wants to see half this thread be black lines while the other half is "oh man I can't wait to watch the show legitimately so I can start reading these black lines." The spoiler thread is all spoilers, both books and leaks, so you'd be getting some big book spoilers while seeing us rage about the leaked episodes. If you want an unspoilered discussion, probably best to do it week by week in this thread.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 12, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MrBims posted:

TVIV rules are to spoiler tag all leaked material, but I don't think anyone wants to see half this thread be black lines while the other half is "oh man I can't wait to watch the show legitimately so I can start reading these black lines." The spoiler thread is all spoilers, both books and leaks, so you'd be getting some big book spoilers while seeing us rage about the leaked episodes. If you want an unspoilered discussion, probably best to do it week by week in this thread.

Fair enough.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrBims posted:

The spoiler thread is all spoilers, both books and leaks, so you'd be getting some big book spoilers while seeing us rage about the leaked episodes.

In all fairness, though, the books and show have diverged to the point where information about one cannot spoil the other.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Irish Joe posted:

In all fairness, though, the books and show have diverged to the point where information about one cannot spoil the other.

Mostly. There's still some stuff book readers know are coming, even if the way it happens in the show is going to be a bit different.

Non-book readers should still venture into the spoiler thread at their own risk.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Irish Joe posted:

I wonder if we'll see Rickon this season.

Who?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

(except Brienne)

INCOMPREHENSIBLE

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

MrBims posted:

I think that's a little silly and it's a shame there's no place to discuss the first four episodes without being spoiled on the rest. There's almost no reason not to watch the leaked episodes. I'm a bookreader though so it doesn't change much for me, but that's how I feel.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Madurai posted:

INCOMPREHENSIBLE

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

There's almost no reason not to watch the leaked episodes.

Apparently they're only available in 480p which isn't something I would be particularly bothered by but it makes sense that some people want their first viewing to be high-definition.

Personally, as tempting as it is to binge watch, I'd have to wait another four weeks for any new content. Then again I guess book readers are used to waiting. :downsrim:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Anyone have the one that combined this and the nights king one?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

NutritiousSnack posted:

They won't find anyone and why should HBO really care anyway? They aren't losing revenue from ads, and unless there's a tremendous number of people out there that are going to cancel HBO for a single month then resub for the rest of the season they don't lose money from lost subs. And anyone willing to do that to save 15 bucks is already just pirating the show.

This is like when the LOST pilot "leaked," it's free buzz. Releasing the remaining 3 after tonight on HBOGo in full 1080p would really be a nice push to get people to subscribe to their brand spanking new standalone service don't you think? What a coincidence that would be!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Hey guys, just a heads up, I'd avoid looking at GBS if you're worried about spoilers for this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jonad posted:

Hey guys, just a heads up, I'd avoid looking at GBS if you're worried about spoilers for this season.

I hope no one loving changes the front page of the forums to anything spoilery this time, though now that I said it it's probably going to happen, sorry in advance!

• Locked thread