Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I enjoyed the first episode and will watch the second in a few hours. High hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Second episode is better than the first, and I enjoyed that immensely. Totally watching Arslan grow as an effimnate badass for as long as they'll show me it.

Rodyle posted:

Another oddity is that the Lusitanian king is, iirc, (extremely minor setting spoiler) called High Priest and doubles as the religious head, when no such dual leadership ever really existed for Christians. Emperors until Gratian ruled with Pontifex Maximus among their titles, but only in the pagan use of the office, afterwards the title drifted off into a nebulous position, usually referring to the bishop of Rome but never as an official title.

The aggressive expansion of the religion by force and the theocracy indicates to me that they've also mixed in some caliphate to the Lusitanian mélange.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Viola the Mad posted:

That's good to hear. I'll probably make a couple of history posts as the show goes on, but others better chime in, too.

I will strive to unleash my inner history nerd. He usually sleeps pretty close to the surface.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Good stuff. I feel like this episode could have been done in half the time with little of value lost, but that's a small complaint.

Also, since Richard isn't here to do it,

:mrgw:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
And thus, the boy would gather a man-harem.

I wonder when he's going to grow a mustache?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I imagined something like Chinatsu's art from Yuru Yuri.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 27, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved their interaction and hope for more.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bodin is so maniacally, cacklingly, over-the-top evil that it's hard to take him seriously.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

also Gieve is going to be tsundere for Arslan isn't he

Well yeah, if he wants to be a proper member of the harem.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'd been avoiding the thread, thinking that new posts were about the new episode, but then I realized that the new episode is a recap. Kicking myself.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Arslan is so transparently into Daryun. It's cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Actually taking Rajendra back to Pars would have been a pretty good move. I mean, I can see why Arslan wouldn't go for it, but it'd work great at keeping foreign influence to a minimum for a few years.

• Locked thread