Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
and when i say circular, i mean actually circular. like not a normal rectangular lcd cut into a circular shape. i mean pixels that go out from the center radially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Someone could invest a money into that but what would be the point? We live in a post-Retina world.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

im the square lcd in a circular bezel

yet it goes edge to edge except for the bit at the bottom which seems intentional yet ugly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emoji posted:

Someone could invest a money into that but what would be the point? We live in a post-Retina world.

i plowed the gently caress outa my wife last night OP... is an iwatch the same???????

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

i plowed the gently caress outa my wife last night OP... is an iwatch the same???????
yes they are both the same because much like plowing ur wife wearing an apple watch is something thousands of people have experienced

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
j/k of course. i like ur posting echinopsis

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

having also plowed the gently caress outta your wife, no, the apple watch is not that bad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Space-Pope posted:

j/k of course. i like ur posting echidnapenis

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

having also plowed the gently caress outta your wife, no, the apple watch is not that bad

It's not that bad, but it's not that good either. It's a smartwatch, lol.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jony ive aces posted:

a few days ago two of my friends were posting facebook updates about going to the crapple store and trying on different watches to choose the right band and using words that tragic people use to describe high fashion and it was all really embarrassing

post the words

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its poo poo lol https://medium.com/@flyosity/inconvenient-truths-about-the-apple-watch-11bafa44551b

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

every single critique of apple is always followed by this preamble:

quote:

I have owned 8 iPhones. I’ve been using a Mac since 1996. For my birthday when I was a kid, my Mom took me to the MacWorld Expo in Boston. I write iPhone apps. I’m a die-hard Apple person.

edit: lol this guy says he's fat and the watch is too small

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i went to macworld ny 2001 and briefly lost out to my own drat intern to be on stage with Steve Jobs to unveil some game.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
how small are your hands/large is your keyboard that a watch strap hitting the keyboard is a big problem for you

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

quote:

However, when Apple says that the Apple Watch is 42mm, they’re measuring it from top-to-bottom. From side-to-side it’s only 35.9mm wide which is tiny in the world of men’s watches and actually closer to a woman’s watch size.

it's too small, it's almost A WOMAN'S WATCH:qq:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i went to macworld ny 2001 and briefly lost out to my own drat intern to be on stage with Steve Jobs to unveil some game.

i saw fischerspooner talk about their imacs at macworld 2003.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

quote:

I hope Apple improves the display in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th-gen models.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Space-Pope posted:

j/k of course. i like ur posting echinopsis

i am going to have a great day now thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i was the one on the top left but i am now on the middle top and soon to be top right

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol as if there'll be a 2nd gen

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wait wait wait

https://d262ilb51hltx0.cloudfront.net/max/2000/1*cTTsFgbXbahUyF8jDgRF4Q.png

lol are those pixels ??

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why oh why do people do this stupid poo poo http://www.theverge.com/a/apple-watch-review
scroll to make video

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i look at my wrist and shudder, "what a piece of poo poo, what a piece of poo poo" as i get a text notification from my bank

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what? it's a bad picture so

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"smaller than a panerai" wold be a good thing to people who are neither obese nor wall street options traders, nobody actually likes 50mm dinner plate invictas except bro-ey dudes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

people wear watches that are 5cm in diameter :psyduck:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol there's video of nilay pretending to read a book behind his text. why

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

As a Millennial I posted:

lol as if there'll be a 2nd gen

they'll make it for sure this ones been a hit as far as initial sales goes

ive always said that its going to be the future when peple know if this poo poo is pointless

occured to me the other day that everyone has a phone. everyone has a tablet. everyone has a computer. does everyone want a watch in that same way? hael no

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Credits

Design
Jason Santa Maria
Development
Josh Laincz and Ryan Mark
Project Management
Lauren Rabaino
Video
Philip Robibero, John Lagomarsino, Jordan Oplinger, Tre Shallowhorn, Rill Causey, Lindsey Ferrier, and Christian Mazza
Editors
Chris Ziegler and Dieter Bohn
Product Support
Casey Miller, Georgia Cowley, Dylan Lathrop, Kelsey Scherer, Aidan Feay
Photography
Tiago Chediak
Stylists
Nicole Elle Rogers, Emilia Adamkiewicz
Set Dresser
Tyler Wallach
Special Thanks
Racked
Izzy Grinspan, Nicola Fumo, Julia Rubin, Callia Hargrove
Eater
Sonia Chopra
Extras
Lockhart Steele, Chad Mumm, Sharon Wong, and Max Nelson
Shot on Location
Betony, The Café Grind

every one of these people should feel deep shame and regret, and post an individual apology.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol there's video of nilay pretending to read a book behind his text. why

i dont even get aything you're talking about what iis nilay what is a millenail what the gently caress is happening to things?????????? i need help

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

every one of these people should feel deep shame and regret, and post an individual apology.

i want deeper more hardcore words than shame and regret. remorse is there. deep sorrow? pain. despair? hhehe words

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Boxturret posted:

people wear watches that are 5cm in diameter :psyduck:

I'm wearing my 49mm g-shock today and it looks hilariously huge

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

scroll up. scroll up and keep scrolling, higher and higher

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yeah it's just a bad photo. the display is fine in person

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
someone write an app that turns the forums into speed reading passages that you can read on the watch

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I thought the display was fine as well. I didn't press my eyeball to the demo or display device because that is creepy.

I did think the device was smaller than I imagined, but got over it pretty quick because I don't like big watches.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

it's literally more acceptable to grab a quick look at your phone than to look at your watch, so

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
looking at your watch is the international symbol for when the gently caress can I get away from this person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I love all the reviewers who are like, "I literally have every app send me every notification possible from every account I have, and the Apple watch won't stop bugging me!"

• Locked thread