Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

my new fetish is sisters walking in on their brother having gay sex and reminding them that they have an appointment to make in a few minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

what the hell else am i going to do on a sunday night anyway

might as well wait

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Theon's the guy jerking off and crying in all those cuck vids

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha TVIV is melting down over Sansa

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'm getting all the dzhokhar tsarnaev fan club members to move over to the new hotness

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It was a completely new concept to me that some goons feel a strong relationship with her because they "watched her grow up". Feels gross.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MVP posted:

It's worse that HBO practically has nudity as a requirement for adult actresses to get a part in these shows.

That's a form of rape

You're a rapist! And you're a rapist! Everyone's a rapist!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tit game on point this ep

lacks in quantity tho

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The ep had a strong woman of color taunting a man in a position of weakness so maybe they've buffered some positive good will with the tumblr folk (lol no such thing, even minor mistakes turn you from a saint into mega hitler)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They got Varys root and stem. Did our boy Ray Ray leave Theon his balls? That'd be way worse.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can't wait for the ep where Pod goes apeshit on a whore and slashes up her face

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm still not sure how you call sex in the marital bed rape?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i didn't know what piv was so i put it in google and this came up

https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/

thanks for that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'm depressed and super into social justice and i live on a small platform suspended over a large group of pigs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

this ep prob gonna be dope

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress yeah some no-poo poo skeleton killin

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Did anyone else think the guy operating the boat Jon and Co. jumped on was weird? Dude hiding behind a cape and hood. Expected him to take off the cape and reveal himself to be one of the skeleton dudes and kill the ginger wildling dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du27AQsm6VA&t=223s

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

where'd jon's dragonglass sword come from? i forget

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ok well it hosed up that white walker like dragonglass would

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I keep thinking I should try rereading the books so this stuff is fresher in my mind but at this point in the show that's probably a waste of time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok I looked it up. Ice was Ned's sword and is now oath keeper and widow maker. Jon Snow has longclaw. In the books Sam Tully finds references to dragonsteel as capable of killing walkers along with obsidian. They never confirmed that valyrian steel is dragonsteel but I guess we know now!

Thanks for the lookup, I was actually pretty confused about that because I remembered something about Jon getting the family sword but not why it would kill white walkers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is the point where the show is pretty much divorced from the books, right? Looking forward to seeing what the writers do.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Wight Children.

this made me laugh so hard at work earlier today thank you

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

She is very pretty.

Good get, straight guys :golfclap:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao Game of Thrones owns so hard

is the brothel scene better or worse than Sansa's consensual marital sex? let's hear you, goons

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"well i sure hosed this city up, cya fuckers!"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

either all the baby goons left before the last episode or they had a problem with the sansa scene but nothing to complain about wrt pedophilia & child burning

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm getting really frustrated with the show. This isn't just "WHYARE BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO CHARACTERS I LIKE I NEED A HERO!"

it's getting to a point where I can actually tell what was written by GRRM, and what was made up for the show by D&D. and I've never even read the books. Was a scene stupid, pointless, and purely for shock value? Does a scene not make any logical or consistent sense?

Turns out that was a scene made up for the show!

Seriously. I have a friend who has read the books and every time recently I've been upset at a scene I ask him "was that in the books" and the answer has like always been "no lol". it used to be I was just getting mad because darkness but now?

It's legit bad writing. Like

Stannis burning Shireen is stupid. It's not even for a concrete magical spell like to bring forth another demon to win the war, it's just vague nebulous rain dance bullshit. It just makes Stannis look evil and like a huge tool and puppet to Melissandre, and just...makes him look dumb. Like, Stannis also looks really weak because Ramsey teleported into and out of his camp and ruined all his poo poo.

So what now? He's a soulless puppet, and he'll lose his best tactician and advisor because of this - either Davos abandons him or Stannis has to kill him too, either way he loses him. He just looks really weak. So it's hard to see him as posing a threat to the Boltons anymore. So he just loses and then...

it makes the entire Stannis plot thread feel like a waste of time.

If Melisandre had gone behind Stannis' back and done this there could be value in that, and I'd be upset but I wouldn't necessarily call it bad writing. This is just really dumb - but again especially combined with Ramsey, it's just awful writing.

And speaking of Ramsey that's more terrible writing because while I know it's standard now to subvert the cliche of "good guys always win", it's seemed a stronger theme that "stupidity gets punished". Yet this was an incredibly stupid plan Ramsay has and...it works flawlessly. Off screen. If this was consistent, good writing, he would have been caught - not because he's evil and we want to see him caught, but because the plan is loving stupid and logically should end with him being caught. That he didn't get caught just makes Stannis' army look so pathetic and weak...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

So we can all agree the Dorne plot line was the worst story this season?

Bad in the books bad in the show

Feels like the only reason it's in the show is so they could wrap up a loose end they shouldn't have created in season 1 or whatever

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The complaints that this is "bad character development", that it "came out of nowhere" or was "just intended for shock value" are kind of dumb IMO, and I've seen all three brought up in the same post.

Stannis offed his own brother, but that came across more like a cold and calculated decision than something truly monstrous (at least, in a medieval context). So you get moments where he hugs his daughter and you think "eh he's cold but he's got a heart". In this episode, though, he demonstrated that he's a real motherfucker with his eye on the prize. He's a lovely leader, the fact that a small raid succeeded in mortally wounding his army demonstrates that if his massive failure at King's Landing and general distance and distractedness didn't already do it for you, and he truly had no option at that point but to either have his army desert him and abort his attempt at the throne or do some real dark poo poo.

Like, I think "How serious is this guy really?" was kind of an open question all along and this episode pretty well answered it.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 9, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The last one was me realposting, I'm so sorry...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Has there been any posts in TVIV about how much more triggering Sansa's offscreen rape was compared to Stannis setting fire to his loving daughter while she was alive?

I didn't see any so I was forced to conclude that people consider Sansa's rape to be far worse than burning a child alive or raping a little girl who wasn't fortunate enough to have a name.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's right. I haven't seen any outrage over anonymous child rape. No histrionic outbursts over quitting the show over such trivial matters.

The only other conclusion is that the people who said they'd quit the show actually did and I don't believe that for a god drat second

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lol I went to high school with The queens nude double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Did the reality match your sweaty imagination?

nah

pretty funny seeing people congratulating her for such a big accomplishment when she was literally a pair of tits with Lena Headey's head stuck on

• Locked thread