Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it would make the country a whole lot whiter, too

i bet you'd like that

What if we enact both the plans of Dump the South and Kill Whitey, in the remaining states?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Obdicut posted:

What if we enact both the plans of Dump the South and Kill Whitey, in the remaining states?

if you enacted kill whitey there'd be no reason to dump the south

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Agreed.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

I'm just spitballing here. Also as One of the Good Ones, can I bet let out of the Kill Whitey part? I've watched almost all of Do The Right Thing.

Edit: Since states are laboratories of democracy, maybe we try kill whitey in just one state and see how it works?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

lol yeah native americans aren't extremely conservative and pro-business

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

kill whitey and also the red man, and i guess chinese-americans, and probably the indians, and i guess muslims tend to be anti-gay or anti-abortion, and black baptists, and

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Obdicut posted:

Edit: Since states are laboratories of democracy, maybe we try kill whitey in just one state and see how it works?

i pick maine

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

This is only going to work if we give bears the right to vote afterwards, otherwise it's just Kill Maine.

On the other hand: Mayor Bear.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

down with slavery posted:

i'm not, i don't know why you guys keep making it about race, also my union would probably be bigger than the people we kicked out, I'm down with states from Cali to NY, there's just a few bad apples we gotta get rid of

it's really weird that you guys get all caught up on race, you realize there are more minorities outside of the south than inside of it, right?

That's because there are people outside of the South than in it. If you kicked out the South, the US would have a higher proportion of white people.

Your proposal is to make it better for those people while sentencing mostly areas with the highest percentages of black and hispanic people to live in New White South Africa: Apartheid 2 Electric Boogaloo

pre-secession, yeah, if you're not trying to gtfo of the south actively you're making poor life decisions, sucks if you can't make it out but I'm not really interested in waiting for your state to catch up to the 21st century before I can do things like provide a decent healthcare system for the people here
Yada yada yada anyone too poor to evacuate New Orleans before Katrina is lazy and deserved it for their poor life decisions :jerkbag:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

VitalSigns posted:

That's because there are people outside of the South than in it. If you kicked out the South, the US would have a higher proportion of white people.

Your proposal is to make it better for those people while sentencing mostly areas with the highest percentages of black and hispanic people to live in New White South Africa: Apartheid 2 Electric Boogaloo

Yada yada yada anyone too poor to evacuate New Orleans before Katrina is lazy and deserved it for their poor life decisions :jerkbag:

I have to say I appreciate that someone finally made a map where the percentages are actually split up in a sane way for race.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

VitalSigns posted:

no i think there are legimately some people that are hosed, but like I said, there are people where I live that are hosed too because of the federal government's ineptitude

VitalSigns posted:

why? im pretty sure montana, wyoming, idaho, wva, the dakotas are all getting kicked out and are all white dominated, it's not JUST the south (although theres a lotta states there that have to go)

plus cali and nevada are welcome and there's plenty of non-whites there

it's really not about race, it's about politics

here's my dream union team: Hawaii, Alaska, Cali, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Pennsylvania/Maryland and everything north of there. honestly we can probably afford to ditch the entire midwest (lets keep illinois though for chicago and the wheat- maybe Ohio if they can clean up their act)

We'll even take some edge cases, like Utah and Wisconsin. Those are red states I can deal with.

Also fyi I still want Puerto Rico, place balls

fourth edit: I want Florida too, but we're instituting death panels first and killing everyone over the age of 55, should fix things up there quickly enough

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 23, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

We'll even take some edge cases, like Utah and Wisconsin. Those are red states I can deal with.

This Message Approved by Mitt Romney and Scott Walker.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

I have to say I appreciate that someone finally made a map where the percentages are actually split up in a sane way for race.

It wasn't easy to find! Most of them lumped 50-80% into one color or did similar weird stuff

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I enjoy these sorts of hard-hitting relevant debates. Good job all around guys. :golfclap:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

no i think there are legimately some people that are hosed, but like I said, there are people where I live that are hosed too because of the federal government's ineptitude

Well if those people haven't moved to Canada or the UK or Sweden, that just goes to show that their own poor life decisions are responsible for their situation.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

If you want grandiose, pie-in-the-sky, never-gonna happen geopolitical solutions to america's political ills, balkanization isn't the coolest hypothetical. What you should actually fantasize about is gerrymandering the state borders so as to decrease the disproportionate political influence of rural and suburban whites.

Carve a couple of states out of the southron Black Belt so that the long-oppressed blackfolks in the region can finally elect their own representation and goverment. Make Atlanta and Miami into city-states. Cram the whitest contiguous parts of the South (including missouri and little egypt) together into one Greater Dixieland state so they only get to elect two senators. Do the same with the Rocky Mountain States and the High Plains. Etc.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

im pretty sure montana, wyoming, idaho, wva, the dakotas are all getting kicked out and are all white dominated, it's not JUST the south (although theres a lotta states there that have to go)

plus cali and nevada are welcome and there's plenty of non-whites there

it's really not about race, it's about politics

here's my dream union team: Hawaii, Alaska, Cali, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Pennsylvania/Maryland and everything north of there. honestly we can probably afford to ditch the entire midwest (lets keep illinois though for chicago and the wheat- maybe Ohio if they can clean up their act)

Also fyi I still want Puerto Rico, place balls

fourth edit: I want Florida too, but we're instituting death panels first and killing everyone over the age of 55, should fix things up there quickly enough

So you want to shatter America into disconnected pieces and leave the USA dependent on the goodwill of the horrible regressive GOP-run shitholes for transcontinental road and rail links, oil, food, the Mississippi river, and major ports. The states we kicked out who hate us. In other words:

Nintendo Kid posted:

Just saying but literal FEMA death camps for "bad people" would be a more practical and effective way to fix things

Now PupsOfWar's "gerrymander the states" idea is equally realistic as kicking out over half the states but has a distinct advantage (that it would be awesome).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also gerrymandering the states wouldn't result in a country split in half by CSA 2.0

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

VitalSigns posted:

So you want to shatter America into disconnected pieces and leave the USA dependent on the goodwill of the horrible regressive GOP-run shitholes for transcontinental road and rail links, oil, food, the Mississippi river, and major ports. The states we kicked out who hate us. In other words:

Actually let's just go ahead and make three countries.

Give Florida back to spain as a gesture of good will

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Now PupsOfWar's "gerrymander the states" idea is equally realistic as kicking out over half the states but has a distinct advantage (that it would be awesome).

We can give them florida to tidy things up a bit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I propose we split off from one of the largest producers of food in the world because I'm a retarded idiot racist

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Soviet Commubot posted:

That's a pretty good argument for making the UN an actual governing body.

The UN as a protector of Human Rights? It's D&D naive to think that a group consisting of the following countries (current membership of the UN Human Right Council!) are going to do anything about Human Rights except for take them away

Albania 2017
Algeria 2016
Argentina 2015
Bangladesh 2017
Bolivia (Plurinational State of) 2017
Botswana 2017
Brazil 2015
China 2016
Congo 2017
Côte d’Ivoire 2015
Cuba 2016
El Salvador 2017
Estonia 2015
Ethiopia 2015
France 2016
Gabon 2015
Germany 2015
Ghana 2017
India 2017
Indonesia 2017
Ireland 2015
Japan 2015
Kazakhstan 2015
Kenya 2015
Latvia 2017
Maldives 2016
Mexico 2016
Montenegro 2015
Morocco 2016
Namibia 2016
Netherlands 2017
Nigeria 2017
Pakistan 2015
Paraguay 2017
Portugal 2017
Qatar 2017
Republic of Korea 2015
Russian Federation 2016
Saudi Arabia 2016
Sierra Leone 2015
South Africa 2016
The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 2016
United Arab Emirates 2015
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016
United States of America 2015
Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) 2015
Viet Nam 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We should do the opposite and get more states. Let's annex Canada and Mexico.

C'mooooooon North American Union let's do it!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pauline Kael posted:

The UN as a protector of Human Rights? It's D&D naive to think that a group consisting of the following countries (current membership of the UN Human Right Council!) are going to do anything about Human Rights except for take them away

Albania 2017
Algeria 2016
Argentina 2015
Bangladesh 2017
Bolivia (Plurinational State of) 2017
Botswana 2017
Brazil 2015
China 2016
Congo 2017
Côte d’Ivoire 2015
Cuba 2016
El Salvador 2017
Estonia 2015
Ethiopia 2015
France 2016
Gabon 2015
Germany 2015
Ghana 2017
India 2017
Indonesia 2017
Ireland 2015
Japan 2015
Kazakhstan 2015
Kenya 2015
Latvia 2017
Maldives 2016
Mexico 2016
Montenegro 2015
Morocco 2016
Namibia 2016
Netherlands 2017
Nigeria 2017
Pakistan 2015
Paraguay 2017
Portugal 2017
Qatar 2017
Republic of Korea 2015
Russian Federation 2016
Saudi Arabia 2016
Sierra Leone 2015
South Africa 2016
The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia 2016
United Arab Emirates 2015
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2016
United States of America 2015
Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) 2015
Viet Nam 2016

Ireland legalized abortion last year and South Africa has gay marriage

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

paragon1 posted:

We should do the opposite and get more states. Let's annex Canada and Mexico.

C'mooooooon North American Union let's do it!

This would also probably solve our problems fyi

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

This would also probably solve our problems fyi

agreed, annexing a drug-filled country where the police happily condone murdering gays is a great idea and people are taken hostage by rape slavers is a great idea. and mexico is pretty bad too

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It's morally fine for Native Americans to kill other races because we did it to them first.

See: Israel

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

Ireland legalized abortion last year and South Africa has gay marriage

Right, clearly 2 Human Rights paradises! How silly of me to think that countries like Saudi Arabia, Russia or Cuba would ever want to infringe on what we consider Human Rights. Hell, most of the rest of the 'civilized' world doesn't even have free speech. Of course, most here probably don't like freedom of speech because of triggers and so on.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I would gladly give up my freedoms if it meant Tumblr would cease to exist.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I would gladly give up my freedoms if it meant I got to be one of the people in charge.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Pauline Kael posted:

You'll notice my post after that saying that instead we should just make all states US member states instead.

Also, you need to work on being able to discern realposts from fakeposts

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Soviet Commubot posted:

You'll notice my post after that saying that instead we should just make all states US member states instead.

Also, you need to work on being able to discern realposts from fakeposts

That's a fantastic strategy, post something fucktarded then claim it was done as fakepost, or ironically. What's next, you claim to be gay, or talk about Caramel Machiato?

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Pauline Kael posted:

That's a fantastic strategy, post something fucktarded then claim it was done as fakepost, or ironically. What's next, you claim to be gay, or talk about Caramel Machiato?

Did you think "Kill Whitey" was also a real plan?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Pauline Kael posted:

You do realize this is a thread about breaking up the United States into smaller entities right? The thread is basically a fakepost.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pauline Kael posted:

i'm gay

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Obdicut posted:

Did you think "Kill Whitey" was also a real plan?

In D&D? That seems to be the only plan. "Real" never plays into it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Do you want to get a caramel machiato?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Do you want to get a caramel machiato?

i prefer rooibos

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Pauline Kael posted:

In D&D? That seems to be the only plan. "Real" never plays into it.

Now I can't tell if you're being serious or self-parodying.

To give you a hint: The plans to Kill Whitey are not real. You might have noticed when I was talking about Kill Whitey, I asked if I could be spared since I almost watched all of Do The Right Thing. This was an indication that the Kill Whitey plan was absurd, and not meant to be taken seriously. Other posters were mocking down with slavery's idiotic plan of "dump the south" by posting about "kill whitey" as an also absurd alternative. The point is that both plans are absurd.

I hope this helps you interpret the oft-confusing land of D&D a little better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Pauline Kael posted:

Right, clearly 2 Human Rights paradises! How silly of me to think that countries like Saudi Arabia, Russia or Cuba would ever want to infringe on what we consider Human Rights. Hell, most of the rest of the 'civilized' world doesn't even have free speech. Of course, most here probably don't like freedom of speech because of triggers and so on.

The US doesn't have free speech either doofus. The last prosecution for writing obscene material was in 2008.

• Locked thread