Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Locke Dunnegan posted:

"Would the USA be better off as a confederacy, or even multiple countries?"

Ignoring how the loss of Treasury Bill stability would gently caress over the rest of the planet...

Look at the clusterfuck that is the various insurance and medical companies.
Now imagine that, plus every state with it's own treasury mint, exchange rates, border crossings & customs, and militaries.
Now imagine Texas and California declaring war on the rust belt to get access to the Great Lakes.
It's a literal impossibility anyways; the break up of the United States would be The Depression to End All Depressions, and a number of states can't work as it is without the revenue sharing provided by federal oversight of fifty states worth of income and other taxes.

Honestly, just read about Yugoslavia. Balkanization is not cool.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

That sounds hard, instead just going to toke up and think of ways to totally disrupt Obama's police state maaaaaan :350: Whoah, like what if there were like no governments, whoah

Yeah, I mean, both parties are just the loving same, amirite? :lsd:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because all the population has the opportunity for representation. If your bitch is that a 0.15% difference in the proportion of reprentation isn't perfect representation, well, guess what, you got all the freedom in the world to move your rear end to Montana. You wanna, or you gonna sit in wherever the gently caress you are and complain that life ain't perfect because its off by 0.15%?

Motherfucker, how much do you give to either party? None? Then you've purchased yourself no stakeholdership in this argument.

I have family in America; you're God damned right it's my business Rahm. :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

How much money you give to your local Democratic party? If you ain't a stakeholder in the Democratic process, you're entitled to no say in the processes of our democracy.

My family is my stake, and I expect a positive return for it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

You and the 4 billion other families on this planet, pal. Get in line; compared to the Clinton family, the Kennedy family, or, hell, the Bush family, who the hell is your family and why are you worth giving a drat about?

Or, skip the line by affecting positive impacts upon your local community through stakeholdership in the Democratic process.

Oh, you're a Randian. Now I understand why you're explicitly against the American theory that all men are created equal.
By the way, is Fountainhead a good read? I can't say I'm a horror fan.

Yes, I know you're a gimmick. But the dedication you put into parroting objectivist dogma is just bizarre.

• Locked thread