Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I may have too much faith in the American public, but I don't buy in to the idea that the states would turn on each other if they were independent. Not everyone's a power hungry politician. If my home state was attempting to annex Arkansas I sincerely doubt there would be a majority supporting it.

The hypothetical states wouldn't literally send troops at each other like a game of Risk. There are other forms of domination and annexation. Lets take a hypothetical Free New York. Millions of people in neighboring New Jersey and Connecticut depend entitely on NYC for their livelihood, whether they commute to the city for work, deliver their products to stores in the city, etc. Now New York has leverage on those other states, and can do things like put in tariffs, hike the toll fees, in order to get those states to play nice with any interstate agreements that they make. This leads to state policies dominated by the neighbor state, and eventual annexation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Cool, now I want to see it happen.

They dont call it The Empire State for nothing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

down with slavery posted:

who the gently caress cares, the whole point is to remove the influence the shittier parts of the US have. I don't care if Alabama goes to hell, if you aren't actively planning to escape a region like that you're just a moron

the bigot states are bigot states because they are filled with bigots, no amount of federal government is going to stop that. let them burn

So all the underpowered minorities in the bigot states should basically be left behind?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

pretend I emptyquoted fishmechs posts on the past page and a half

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

So you want to shatter America into disconnected pieces and leave the USA dependent on the goodwill of the horrible regressive GOP-run shitholes for transcontinental road and rail links, oil, food, the Mississippi river, and major ports. The states we kicked out who hate us. In other words:

Now PupsOfWar's "gerrymander the states" idea is equally realistic as kicking out over half the states but has a distinct advantage (that it would be awesome).

We can give them florida to tidy things up a bit

• Locked thread