Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Just split the country in two. One to rule the East Coast, the other to rule the West Coast. The Midwest can continue to go gently caress themselves.

The two countries could approve native americans building settlements on midwest lands until the entire midwest is the only native american country that exists in the world with very few holdout's that we will label terrorists and I'd be cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Locke Dunnegan posted:

EDIT: This isn't an interesting topic to anyone else? What are the popular ideas for big-picture changes to improve the downward trend of personal freedoms post-911? Is there a reason to think the creep of executive power (and federal in general) will abate by itself? This is a bipartisan issue, both Obama and GWB have leveraged war and security to seriously erode personal freedoms.

Voting for Ron Rand Paul and killing my parents. :evil:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Willie Tomg posted:

Wyoming: Giving Vermont a state to look down upon

Pretty sure Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, or Arkansas have the market cornered on stats other states can look down on.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Not only that, who says a state has to annex another one?

What's to stop politicians in Arkansas selling huge swaths of land, or water rights, or mineral rights, or energy rights at a huge discount to Texas because they'll get a sweet job with a golden parachute at a Texas corporation after the fact while the common people in Arkansas get hosed over?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So? There are plenty of racist, backwards and theocratic countries out there. Why can't we join them?

You mean we haven't already?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They dont call it The Empire State for nothing

Which is why any plan to abolish the federal government will just result in NY, CA, and TX dominating all of their neighboring states... so 2 out of 3 of those new countries would loving rule.

Someone get on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crowsbeak posted:

Can we please consider my proposals of how to save our nation from decay? A institution of a lifetime commander would do us a world of good.

The only commander I'll accept is Commander Shepard. :c00lbert:

• Locked thread