Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Just split the country in two. One to rule the East Coast, the other to rule the West Coast. The Midwest can continue to go gently caress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Sam Hall posted:

I hope that Hillary's election to a second term makes the south try to secede again so we can demote them to an unincorporated territory.

:sherman:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Anarchy is the only solution OP. Start firebombingshitposting about your State Capital today!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
How different of a Federation is Russia?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I just want America to be a third world country and completely irrelevant to the rest of the world instead of trying to be the World Police.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Oh no, something from the past failed so we must never try to change thing ever again

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Prop 8 passed in California, no need to ever attempt gay rights ever again cause we failed.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Instead of saying poo poo like "it wont work because we tried it before and it failed" why don't you do something about it? Stop bitching on a loving website.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Stop bitching on a loving website.

gently caress

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

A basic textbook would be a good way to start.

Most school textbooks still tell that bullshit story about the pilgrims and Thanksgiving so I highly doubt he'll learn much from them.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

And if I was not a straight white male of protestant heritage, there is no way in hell I'd want to give the states more power. You can blame the confederate states for the current state of affairs, and states continue to indicate that they will be backwards, theocratic, and racist if left to their own devices TO THIS VERY loving DAY.

So? There are plenty of racist, backwards and theocratic countries out there. Why can't we join them?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

A Winner is Jew posted:

You mean we haven't already?

I mean as separate countries, not states. No one cares about a racist state.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The hypothetical states wouldn't literally send troops at each other like a game of Risk. There are other forms of domination and annexation. Lets take a hypothetical Free New York. Millions of people in neighboring New Jersey and Connecticut depend entitely on NYC for their livelihood, whether they commute to the city for work, deliver their products to stores in the city, etc. Now New York has leverage on those other states, and can do things like put in tariffs, hike the toll fees, in order to get those states to play nice with any interstate agreements that they make. This leads to state policies dominated by the neighbor state, and eventual annexation

Cool, now I want to see it happen.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

I mean more a college textbook. For example, the Give Me Liberty series is pretty great.

Thanks for reminding me why I hate college textbooks. The $$$ :negative:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

How about you read the textbook I recommended? Then you'll know more stuff than you do know, and that'd be cool, don't you think? 'cuz from what you've said in this thread, you've got mile-wide gaps in your understanding of US history and politics.

Problem is, once you learn how hosed up the US has been to Native Americans from the getgo you begin to advocate for the dismantling of the US.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

And again; what would happen to the U.S. Military and our thousands of nuclear weapons?

A fitting end to it all. :getin:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Quit being a bitch and actually argue your points.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

Giant walls of text about possible apocalyptic insane scenarios are really cool.

fixed that for ya :)

Just not giant walls of text regarding dumb politics or D&D as a whole.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

May I suggest that instead of reading random poo poo, you read a well-written text on the subject, like the one I provided for you above?

Will you provide a free copy so the whole class can read, professor moneybags?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So what if some states would reenact Jim Crow laws. You don't have to live there. :smug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

As I said, get it from the library or get the 2nd edition which is literally $.01.

Links please? Since you're such an expert on where to get it why don't you actually help someone out instead of being a smug prick about it?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Lotka Volterra posted:

I think you'll find that the south will become quite unlivable after the north uses its nuke stockpiles to turn it into an apocalyptic wasteland.

Good. gently caress the south. :sherman:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Obdicut posted:

You're pretty good at angrily demanding things be spoon-fed to you. There's probably some line of work that values that, you should look into it.

All the loud mouths have those jobs sadly. And they're better at demanding they keep their jobs. :negative:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Nintendo Kid posted:

Everyone else told you what was up, he deigned to give you a book link that would explain it in full course detail, dude.

And I thank him for that, now I got some new reading material for when I go poop. And I get to learn something new in the process. :c00lbutt:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Bitchfits like this is enough justification for the destruction of America.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Holy loving poo poo. Stop talking about yourself.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So what can we do to shift the balance towards good? How do we paint the government in a positive light?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Avalanche posted:

And that's how wars happen and lots of people die.

Considering there's about 7 Billion people on this planet at the moment, this is a good thing.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

OK, you go first though

Only if we do it together. :bigtran:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Lotka Volterra posted:

I could see Utah trying to gently caress that up, though

Utah and the South can go die in nuclear hellfire.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Marriage should be banned altogether since it's a religious thing and we have a little thing called "separation of church and state" :smug:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'd be fine with the abolishment of States and their rights.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Maybe we should abolish the states and turn them into districts. And then every year we can have children fight to the death for the glory of the districts.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I too am for the mass genocide of Americans

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
It's morally fine for Native Americans to kill other races because we did it to them first.

See: Israel

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I would gladly give up my freedoms if it meant Tumblr would cease to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Do you want to get a caramel machiato?

• Locked thread