Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
It would be cool if the US stopped being a federation, and was instead abolished.

The rest of the world thanks you in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

SedanChair posted:

This nation is actually a paradise where every citizen, and many noncitizens, are absolutely free to express themselves, to love, to move across borders, to engage in trade, to make fortunes, to criticize the government, to praise God or deplore him, and to traverse its broad highways and take in its scenic parks. That which has never been achieved in all history, has been achieved in America. It's easy to criticize the prosperous, egalitarian and bureaucratically sound model which we have wrested from the founders' original intentions but this is it. The stable and effective governance of 300 million. It is astonishing.

Nobody, not the greatest politicians, not the greatest social scientists, and certainly not the activists, can think of even a single reform that could be implemented and cause measurable change. That's not gridlock, and it's not corruption ; it's the closest thing to perfection that does not proceed directly from the hand of God.

Is this post a joke? I mean I'd think so but then I remember that Americans are all weird nationalists and sincerely think this, so I can't tell.

• Locked thread