Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This nation is actually a paradise where every citizen, and many noncitizens, are absolutely free to express themselves, to love, to move across borders, to engage in trade, to make fortunes, to criticize the government, to praise God or deplore him, and to traverse its broad highways and take in its scenic parks. That which has never been achieved in all history, has been achieved in America. It's easy to criticize the prosperous, egalitarian and bureaucratically sound model which we have wrested from the founders' original intentions but this is it. The stable and effective governance of 300 million. It is astonishing.

Nobody, not the greatest politicians, not the greatest social scientists, and certainly not the activists, can think of even a single reform that could be implemented and cause measurable change. That's not gridlock, and it's not corruption ; it's the closest thing to perfection that does not proceed directly from the hand of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

HorseLord posted:

Is this post a joke? I mean I'd think so but then I remember that Americans are all weird nationalists and sincerely think this, so I can't tell.

What bitch-rear end country were you thinking of that can even be mentioned in the same sentence as America's majesty? Lets talk about real nations now, who eat at the big-boy table and play for high stakes, nations who gently caress with their pants around their ankles. Scandinavian midget kingdom experiments don't count.

What countries have the degree of government transparency? Real countries, now. Lower corruption? Greater opportunities for advancement? Where are people from all walks of life so equally respected, at least in form? You ain't got poo poo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

See now, we're getting somewhere. You make an actual point as rebuttal for the thread's topic, but you gently caress up any chance of continued on topic responses from me by continuing to be a prick.

Edit: I just realized I'm explaining basic SA forum etiquette to a troll. Dropping it.

Oh my god you blew it fishmech. You blew it for all of us.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I may have too much faith in the American public, but I don't buy in to the idea that the states would turn on each other if they were independent. Not everyone's a power hungry politician. If my home state was attempting to annex Arkansas I sincerely doubt there would be a majority supporting it.

Yeah and if you ever had trouble finding work in your own state, you could always travel to the newly independent south and get a job tugging on the ankles of hanged black teenagers to make sure they are dead.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

A Winner is Jew posted:

Not only that, who says a state has to annex another one?

What's to stop politicians in Arkansas selling huge swaths of land, or water rights, or mineral rights, or energy rights at a huge discount to Texas because they'll get a sweet job with a golden parachute at a Texas corporation after the fact while the common people in Arkansas get hosed over?

I'm just asking questions!! Through your snark you have missed out on receiving a serious response from me.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I choose not to.

centristwhining.txt

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Educate me! But I literally require consensus in order to accept a book recommendation.

I can only be communicated with by means of Greek chorus. If multiple people aren't saying something to me, I can't listen to it. If a single person says something to me I just do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBKyTfCjCc

until a second person says it. Then I can think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Holding my views sacrosanct is something that I haven't done, actually. I could go fetch the post saying I am ignorant if you'd like but it looks like you're reading the thread so I'm going to assume you've read that one.

How about you fetch a big bottle of "getting over things" instead and drink it. Poison also works.

• Locked thread