Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pig Head posted:

Sounds like this is a perfect way to get your money back when otherwise it doesn't seem likely you would. Even if you're not 'hurting for money', $620 is a lot to be out financially because of some idiot ripping you (and others) off.

Personally, I would KILL to be on one of these court shows. People's Court would be my first choice, then Judge Judy, then Mathis. The judges on Fox don't really do it for me. I mean, I watch them but it's just not the same. I grew up with Judge Wapner and will never stop watching these shows as long as they're on TV. I swear it's the best part of taking a day off from work.

So, yes, PLEASE say yes to being on Mathis!! Edit: And yes as the poster said above me, bring everything that even remotely could be proof. Bring so much that you will need two instead of a measly one of the brown accordion files that Mathis's show seems to provide all plaintiffs and defendants with to use. :)

Totally agreed on all of this. Please live my dream and be on Judge Mathis, OP. And yeah, scan all your proof and keep it on a thumb drive just in case any of it gets lost if you have to, but make sure you have every piece of correspondence you ever had with the dude, and all receipts and stuff. If you can make and print screenshots of the original listings you responded to, that'd probably play really well. Better to have more documentation than not enough.

Mathis seems easily the nicest and most compassionate fake judge outside of maybe Judge Milian, and it sounds like your case is fairly straightforward. If it were Judy I'd think about it but for Mathis, it's no-lose. On this day, you should do it the right way.

e: try to work in a plug for Doobie's Dog House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread