Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Yeah I find tables like that help real well for people who aren't as familiar with the whole postion/effect setup.

I used one for Band of Blades (which kind of changes up how harm works to also factor in enemy threat level). I had 3d printed a dagger with a base on it to "stab" it into the position/effect we're at with the current action roll being negotiated. Sometimes players seeing the current layout might look at their sheet and say "oh I've got some blackshot" or some other tool that might help push the position or effect more in their favor so then I would shift the dagger to the new position. Though I was worried that having a sheet highlighting all of the factors involved might reduce my table's creativity when it came to solving problems that the suggestions on the sheet wouldn't factor in to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Macdoo posted:

My main inspirations when trying to suss out this stuff were these podcasts (all great podcasts covering real modern gangland stuff):
Gangster
Underworld
Crime World
Lords of Soccer (focused on the FIFA corruption but was great for seeing what a big institutional grift looks like)

I was looking for resources like this. Thanks for posting them.