Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm okay with this. Hopefully he decides he's getting rid of the separate Effect roll too, he wasn't 100% sure last I'd heard.

How's this work? Choose one die to be your action score and one to be your effect score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

And if you only roll one die, your Effect is considered to be 1.

I much prefer it this way (I hate having two separate rolls) and it opens up interesting design space in letting certain things (i.e. items or having max pips in a skill or whatever) let the player pick which die to use instead of it being automatic.

I'm wondering what will happen to some of the pieces of design that will be removed in this case. But I certainly agree that one roll resolution is going to be better than the current strategy.

I'm looking forward to the next document. I guess I'm sort of glad I haven't started playing yet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

So I was trying to assit my players in filling out their crew sheet and one of them asked "What's tyhe difference between 'implements', 'supplies', and 'tools'? Does anyone have any idea?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does plasm burn dirty, or is it just that it's so rare (and important) that most people/factories still burn coal?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I feel like running this game twice has taught me more about interesting campaign planning than a decade of running D&D.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Covok posted:

Read some people on Reddit thinking, since Cortex+ licensing deal is such utter poo poo, that Blades might be the new hot-child for hacks and spin-offs. Like PBTA or Fate. Anyone here with more familiarity seeing that in the pipeline?

Blades has so much DNA from PBTA, you could probably get even splice it down the middle between the two. Or Blades and FATE.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

So, a question. Does the Leech have one bandoleer or two bandoleers available?

Two, but each bandolier is worth one Load. So, they can use up to 3 items for one Load and up to 6 for two Load.

E: Load, the encumbrance keyword is load

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 8, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

sullat posted:

I am running a pbp game of this on another forum, it seems to be going well. I have a question about how to handle something; the Leech is about to throw a poison bomb into a crowd of mooks. The poison has the drawback Volatile - Sickened. Who is affected by the drawback? Would the guy throwing it have to suffer that harm, or just the guys about to get hit by it?

A volatile substance is likely to apply it's effect (which is sickening here) to people other than it's intended target as a consequence. That is, if the player gets a 4/5 result they are likely to hit their target and also get some poison on themselves. if they get a 1-3 a possible consequence is that they hit an unintended target.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

A knife...that KILLS!

Killed by the very weapon they were stabbed with. How ironic.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Angrymog posted:

And what about people wanting to swop out characters because their current guy is stressed?

It feels to me as if that really goes counter to the intended feel of the game, but that the player in question is expecting a game where you start each new mission fully refreshed.

My take as I said in my original post is that if you don't go on a score, that character doesn't get downtime, and I also know that he's just going to get peeved when his stable of characters doesn't advance as fast as the people who stick with one.

In my opinion, stress relief should always cost because it has an explicit failure state.
I let characters take healing downtime when they’re away from the team, but they don’t have access to the resources of the crew so they can’t do anything else. You could rule that they can pay from their stash for those actions though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

spectralent posted:

2. Deathlands presumably aren't immediately fatal but are perilous. If you were planning a mission outside the city walls, just how bad is it? Is it just dark and full of demon-wolves or is it actively toxic?

You could do a quick read of ghost lines on John’s website for a little more clarity on this.
I think the main thing is that the spirit wells outside of cities can get totally out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Supposedly Band of Blades is just part 1 of a 3 part planned campaign

Was Band part of the kickstarter rewards? I seem to remember getting it for free. Can I ever mark the box that says product delivered on this one?!?