Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, who are the "Good guys" in the Duskwall setting? Not the bluecoats, that is for sure.

The empress, potentially Corvo and a few of the revolutionaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Would it be broken to start as one of the dead playbooks?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
One thing I never expected about the equipment system in this game is that when a simple painting heist goes horrifically wrong, with the mansion burning down, one of the crew possessed and the Bluecoats coming in force, one of the crew can pull out some documents and a police badge and claim to be undercover, and then pretend to arrest the Slide, left hanging from a second floor window by a rope.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've been playing a lot of the Saints Row series lately and I'm wondering how good a system this might be for a modern "street gangs take over the city" game. It's apparently easy to reskin, that I get, but I'm also wondering just how the acquiring and expanding territory/influence part of the game works in addition to the heists. Also to what extent does it favor being legit sneaky and clever over blowing up half the city with rocket launchers. I'm not saying it has to be great at the latter but the option should be there.

There's quite a few hacks being planned for modern settings, like 70s italy, so I wouldn't get planning anything like that yet.

Being stealthy is generally a good idea because it means you get less heat, which means you've got less negative consequences from the entanglements roll. It also means you're doing Controlled rolls more, which have weaker consequences, although you can do that with momentum or clever planning anyway. If you want crazy action all the time, make some new consequences for high-heat entanglements.

admanb posted:

There's a crew type called "Bravos" -- they break poo poo. Expanding territory and influence is also a built-in element of the game, so if that's how your crew is oriented it absolutely supports it. Generally you take territory by executing heists.

It's not necessarily a heist, it can be a murder, street battle, deal or ritual.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There's no turf stuff, equipment loads aren't really present and vices need to be refluffed and given an xp tie, but should work aside from that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'd probably keep it, everything snowballs pretty quick so the more obstacles, the hairier everything gets.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Stick to your clocks and established number stuff tight, it'll let you plan ahead without strangling your players.
'the red sashes are going to start a war with the gang, and I'd have them do x to y to start, so when they do poo poo that annoys them, add to the clock.'

also when in doubt there's a lot of random charts.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Shockeh posted:

I've got a fairly elementary question - I'd love to get into this game, but being in Australia, can I find anywhere that'll sell me the fucker? Of course not.

Just get the PDF, the printable reference sheets will cover you for rules checking.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the veil's pretty dumb but it's a solid concept. I'd like to see what he does with it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

sullat posted:

Hmm, the crew I'm running a game for wants to kick the Fog Hound's asses and steal their steamship.

It’s an open act of war and they’ll need a dock to stash it, then secure a fuel supply. Totally worth it for a cool boat. Get them whaling later.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
No real loss.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Short sessions are totally doable, each heist-downtime cycle isn’t super long so you can just do less of them.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

CitizenKeen posted:

Working on a superhero hack of Blades (hero, not villain), trying to separate comic tropes into the "heist", "downtime", and "gather information" buckets is... not easy.

Downtime would just be Human drama stuff right? Have a clark Kent phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

dex_sda posted:

My players instantly decided to flashback to summoning a ghost to gently caress over Bazso

Peak blades right there. gently caress Bazso Baz