Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

We finished our campaign by accidentally-on-purpose sabotaging the electroplasm fence around Duskvoll and destroying the city. Whoops.

On the other hand, Doskvol being dead and gone and all its inhabitants killed means you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hi I am finally biting the bullet to actually run a game but I'm perfectly nervous about essentially running my first game. Any advice y'all can give for a newbie GM?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tulip posted:

Are you new to GMing in total or new to blades in specific?

Honestly, both. I have some small amount of games under my belt but they're so far apart and done so shoddily that I have absolutely no faith in myself. Negative, probably.

Bottom Liner posted:

In short:

setup the scene, ask the players what they want to accomplish, establish any threats present, ask them how they want to handle it, set position/effect, resolve the roll. Think more at the scene level than individual tasks.

Thanks! I have the videos in other tabs, I'll watch them when I'm much less tired.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Oh, thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to reread it!

I had my Session 0 a few days ago and it all went a little roughly, but also swimmingly! :toot: Everyone is really into the idea of the crew that was made and the players talked a lot about their character dynamics. Now all I just need to run the The War in Crow's Foot situation well and I might just hook my players.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hawkers but they're a maid cafe and what they're selling is the experience of comfort and kindness that only the rich get.

Hawkers but they're magical girls.