Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Some strange stuff going on around Wicked Ones. It seems to have been taken off of DriveThruRPG. Both the deluxe and the free version.

The writer for Wicked Ones suddenly closed down the game's discord server last year it was very strange. It also kind of looks like the Kickstarter for the deluxe print run including their new Undead Awakening expansion is basically dead now with there having been no updates since April of last year. Same thing with their Kickstarter for the game Relic they had started a while ago. This kinda sucks I was a pretty solid backer on both of those and the weird thing is that I they did at least send out the PDF for the Undead Awakening, just not the physical books, I've got nothing for Relic though.

Not sure DTRPG took down Wicked Ones themselves or if the creator just nuked it but the whole situation sucks all around. I talked with Ben on Discord a while ago and he seemed like a pretty nice guy, I wonder if there were some sudden hardships with the Kickstarter rather than someone just taking the money and running with it. But who knows really.

He got weird in general right around the time he got kicked from the official BitD discord server for going on racist rants. He had some troubling things to say to an admin on there about how another creator gets more attention than him just because they're black. Around that time he became more withdrawn and stopped engaging with any community much, even his own. Then he started taking all his stuff down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

LaSquida posted:

(anyone have more info on this?)

It led to the memorable line from one of his staff: "Ben, this is your PR rep speaking, shut it down." and was able to find the convo again when I searched it in the BitD discord just now.

He couldn't let it go and it got taken to DMs between him and the server staff and it went so poorly there they banned him forever.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 9, 2024

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

When I am running I go with the one the player thinks fits best, because they know their character and how they go about things better than I do.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

spectralent posted:

to go back to wicked ones imploding - did the undead book ever come out or is that gone forever now?

Cass Rea owns the rights to it and is working on an itch.io page of their own to host it on.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Oh they also put this up with all the newly CC0 stuff: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z2MzjhdC1AgNPPUobnLSvyFXfizUOzlF?usp=sharing