Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Just chiming in to say I've finally found an online group and have run 3 full sessions with the new rules to see how they work in action. The system is great, and it was an absolute blast that went super smooth in terms of rules.

The best part is that The Slide is basically Saul Goodman, a failed magistrate court lawyer, right down to having a very similar scene when the group brought some rival thugs to a neutral gang they're trying to get cozy with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5HCzw2fVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've officially given up on any of the good hacks ever coming out, seeing as Harper hasn't fulfilled the main stuff (after almost two years now), and no word on any of the hacks coming out, which kind of sucks because that's the main reason I dove in on the kickstarter. I'll be spending the holiday break finishing up with my own cyberpunk hack that I starter about a year ago and never finished.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Didn't even know Runners in the Shadows was a thing, it's actually pretty good!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

So I finally got around to playing this game a few times over break, and while I love it and things actually work well in play, there's a few minor things I would change for someone who wants it a little less deadly and with a little less of a stress spiral if things go wrong.

1) One option I'm kicking around is reducing the stress of pushing yourself to 1 instead of 2.

2) During downtime, all minor wounds are cleared automatically. This allows characters to still take some harm during a score, but it doesn't feel like they have to spend 1/2 their downtime actions or all the coin they got from a score to heal up or get screwed on a bad roll with nothing to show for it in downtime. It also isn't a huge deal if they take some harm during a score rather than racking up insane stress that only goes down on average 3 points after each score AFTER they indulge their vice, building up rather quickly. The fact that 90% of the time even after a bunch of scores and advancements you're still only rolling 1D for vice (taking the lowest rating of all 3 attributes) is pretty rough.

3) Increasing the coin for each score. Right now a normal score is like 4 coin, which for 4 players is 1 each which can't go into savings, and is often used for needing to increase the effect of a downtime action or take a third. Doubling coin seems like an okay idea because even if someone wants to do something extra then it still leaves 1 for the stash, or 1 being used in a mission for bribery or something like that.

I personally also like the optional rule in the book where 6's or criticals add 1 gambit to the crew sheet, which lets anyone use it for an extra 1D.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

Does anyone know how to download the additional hacks for Blades, I bought the backer level that gets me all of them, but I don't think I have anything about them?

Same for me, I know there's a Dropbox link but it's password protected, I can't find anywhere where that password is and Harper hasn't gotten back to me.

Edit: unless you mean the only two that are sort of done and in beta, blades against darkness and scum and villainy , those are Google doc links in the updates. I'm talking about the one with raw sheets for hacking.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Been watching Altered Carbon, it's basically Shadowrun meets Eclipse Phase. Would definitely make a great hack for BitD, I'm modifying my cyberpunk hack to fit in sleeves and cortical stacks, and the idea I want to throw out is a much larger/broader distinction of stress being between the physical and mental so that a "character" (or ego) can be sleeved a few times but with consequences each time it occurs.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, this. Sleeves and stacks are literally reused concepts/words from Altered Carbon.

Learned something new today :v: , was wondering how crazy it was they used stacks and sleeves, and "needle casting" (rather than farcasting).

Hell they even have synths and a flechette weapon.

Great show though.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Just saw Hack the Planet, looks fantastic as a cyberpunk hack of BitD but I missed the kickstarter and there's no way to buy even the beta at this stage :smith:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Harrow posted:

Yeah that's... not good, if that's the case. It makes a certain amount of sense if it's money earmarked for producing, like, printed copies of those hacks, paying people to do document design, or things like that, but that doesn't sound like the case.

If that money wasn't going to pay people to produce that work, and it isn't going into that work at all, then that's some dishonest poo poo right there.

Plus it's not like he's been diligently working to get his own promised hacks out 2+ years after the fact, which makes it even worse.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Plus being that the crew is such a low tier its possible the tier 3 doesn't even see them coming or devote much resources to "nobodies", and if they do pull it off then it becomes "wait, who?", maybe putting their own low level boss on it since surely in their own turf it cant be that troublesome...

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Looking over Hack The Planet, it's a real good cyberpunk take on BitD. The only change I would make is the full auto gunfire rules from Karma in the Dark, otherwise it looks really good with a well fleshed out setting and a good take on increasing stress and adding augmentations fairly.

The book and art is real good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Just realized it's been 6 months since an update, and almost 5 YEARS since the kickstarter ended. I'm assuming we aren't ever going to get Null Vector or a host of other stretch goals.