Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I'm quite new to running games that aren't your typical D&D and such and was wondering if I'd gone about planning a kind of chain of cases right for a Scum and Villainy campaign my group are interested in trying.

The overarching big mission for the crew is finding a lost treasure ship before some rivals do, but at first they don't have its exact location or information about how to get to the treasure on board. So my plan was to give plot hook nudges to a series of smaller heists/capers/missions that will give them the pieces they need to get to the treasure.

This will boil down to:

- Visiting the last known location of someone who served on the ship, and finding out that its exact location is stored on a supercomputer in the Admiralty building (leading to a Mission Impossible style heist to get the files off the computer somehow).
- Finding out the ship's captain is alive, but laying low somewhere - and he knows the secret of why the vessel is lost (and how to get aboard it safely). This leads to a mission to get to a distant frontier colony, and run an alien blockade to get supplies to the colonists and build their trust.
- With all the pieces in hand, the crew now need to get to the lost treasure ship, board it and find the treasure - likely (depending on how they fared in the first two parts) with some level of time pressure and hostile opposition both from their rival pirate crew and maybe from the military or other treasure hunters if they piss off too many people trying to steal the co-ordinates or fail to be careful in discussing their plans.

Are those the sorts of adventures that S&V is suited for? I sort of envisage it being like a mini-arc of a show like The Mandalorian with a setup "we need to find someone who can tell us where the treasure is", a complication "we need to extract an asset vital to the plan from hostile territory" and a climax "our enemies are after the same thing and there's a showdown over the treasure."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's pure groggy OSR tripe, so thankfully no overlap. Theoretically some of the random tables might not be completely useless for BitD, I guess.

I wouldn't by any stretch call Mothership or Troika, the writers' other games, "groggy OSR tripe" so I'm not going to be as completely cynical as that unless I've gravely misread the pitch.