Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Maybe the game is really that good. I should get around to it sometime.

If you do, be sure of the version. One of them (I forget which) has both red blood, and a female enemy type that was excised from some other versions.

Also be ready to die a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Eesh, I did not recall Mutant Apocalypse making you restart from the beginning of a level if you die (and those levels are fairly long). This will take all of my vaunted masochism.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

DeathChicken posted:

Eesh, I did not recall Mutant Apocalypse making you restart from the beginning of a level if you die (and those levels are fairly long). This will take all of my vaunted masochism.

At least it's not Arcade's Revenge, yeah?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part Two - Beast

Tigershark's health also refills slightly when he jumps in the water.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Some thoughts on that last Final Fight 2 video:

Does the NA version block access to the last stage if you aren't on the hardest difficulty? JP version doesn't do that. That and the censored women enemies really make it a product of its time if that's the case.

I always thought timers in arcade games weren't really there to challenge the player, but just to keep up regular rotation. Like if someone just left the machine, it would eventually time out and go back to attract mode. Final Fight 2 not being an arcade game would have just had this as a matter of course.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Maybe the game is really that good. I should get around to it sometime.

Seconding that Ninja Warriors Again is extremely good and also play the JP version (censored women again, only instead of respriting them they just removed them entirely).

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The final stage isn't locked out, but if you play through the game on Normal you only get half of the ending.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part Three - Thor

His name is Odinson. Get it?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well I tried mightily to add actual audio to this thing, but apparently my mic is crap and I could not remove a constant buzzing. So have another Captions On adventure. Wolverine Stage 1!

They won't all be this easy. Gambit's stage is okay, Cyclops is not terrible if you're good at doing Hadokens on the fly. Psylocke and Beast are rear end

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Psylocke and Beast are rear end

How rear end approximately

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, Psylocke's stage involves falling platforms and her best move involves physically bouncing you backwards. You can imagine how that goes.

Beast is just kind of slow and there are a lot of those invincible robots. He can't cheese them like Wolverine can.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Beast is just kind of slow

Something seems wrong about that.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Have another easy one, Gambit. Now with less Youtube eating my resolution.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Have another easy one, Gambit. Now with less Youtube eating my resolution.

I appreciate the enemies placed above you, so the player learns to throw cards upward.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When are you doing a 100% run of Dragon Sisters?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

When are you doing a 100% run of Dragon Sisters?

When I inevitably purchase it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Have some Beast. Notable mainly for an epic flub that gave me flashbacks of playing Wizards and Warriors on the NES.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Have some Beast. Notable mainly for an epic flub that gave me flashbacks of playing Wizards and Warriors on the NES.

When you play enough 2D platformers, accidents like that blend together and it's all you remember.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I suppose I'll do Psylocke's stage next, which combines all of the fun of Beast taking forever to kill things with falling platforms and enemies who can punch you off of those platforms.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Psylocke. Let's not do that again.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Augh, Psylocke's standing position is giving me a crick in my neck just looking at it. All the stances look a little weird, but that one really stood out.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And Cyclops. Who has a real drat easy stage as long as you can reliably get his beams off.

And now the game opens up proper! From the next stage on we can select our character. Pick one. We are fighting the Brood, Marvel's loving ripoff of the Xenomorphs.

I will say that they're pretty fast so speed kills in the next stage. Wolverine as always is easy mode, Psylocke actually has a fairly easy time of it. I will hate you forever if you make me use Beast here.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I say go with Psylocke. She and Gambit have the most 90s outfits in this game, so they deserve the most screen time.

I really like the sound design in this game, almost every hit has a really good crunch or smack to it. Gives me Street Fighter 2 vibes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Now I kinda wanna see Hard Games veteran DeathChicken give Ninja Warriors Again a no death treatment.

edit: I am enjoying the continuation of the fine tradition of inconsistent Sentinel sizes.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 29, 2017

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Seconding Psylocke. If this is one of the few places she's not incredibly painful to play, might as well show her off while you can.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Psylocke's head is so incredibly small.

I was one of those 90's kids who liked Gambit, so throwing in a vote for him for old time's sake.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Psylocke vs the Brood it is. That...was not as easy as I thought it would be.

Next up is a boss only level, Tusk. Pick a character, they all have merits against him.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I pick Beast

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part Four - Sub-Mariner

He's a pretty fast swimmer

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Fancy that, this is one stage Beast makes a monkey of.

Time for Apocalypse again...well, I've already cleared him with Wolverine, but feel free to suggest someone else (that will surely rob me of my sanity).

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

DeathChicken posted:

Fancy that, this is one stage Beast makes a monkey of.

Time for Apocalypse again...well, I've already cleared him with Wolverine, but feel free to suggest someone else (that will surely rob me of my sanity).

did they just take blanka from street fighter 2 and make him blue or what

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Do you have to play as that guy here or does Beast wear a jetpack or something if you play as him instead?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I say go with Gambit and say the phrase "Ragin' Cajun" at some point

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
The Tuskettes sounds like some kind of team of Orcish backup dancers.

Gambit does sound like fun, because I didn't really get a feel for how the level was supposed to go if you didn't cheese it with Wolverine's powers.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part 5 - Captain America

And because some of you asked:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

nice job skeleton

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mzbundifund posted:

nice job skeleton

I'll let the developer know about that. These seem to be pasted from two different Wiki articles.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

nice job skeleton

Also a hitman for the Maggia?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Part 6 - Hulk

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like they borrowed animations from the old Hulk game for the SNES. Looks familiar anyway.

Gambit vs Apocalypse. I hate this stupid stage.

Choose a character. Who gets to fight Professor X's busywork...I mean Omega Red?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Wait I forgot we did Psylocke. Wolverine

• Locked thread