Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

actually the droning on about memory management and all that nerd poo poo was awesome :colbert:

but yeah i kinda want to send him a thank you card or something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of apple's ui changes over the years were a result of him spending 12 paragraphs to say "lol" at some of their sillier designs and inconsistencies

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

your pageviews are all the thanks he needs or wants.

but maybe if we all send him thank-you notes about how we're literally crying as we write, he'll reconsider :qq:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

graph posted:

oo check out the windows and anroid user's cool opinion

and php. don't forget php

php

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

wolffenstein posted:

Siracusa knew his technical stuff but also knew how to generalize it enough to make it interesting to luddites. I'd like to see Mike Ash review OS X but from his Q & A blog posts, his writing is way too technical for a general audience that Ars shoots for.

yeah that's what i really like about his writing style, each section of the review was written with the technical depth it required. if you wanted a high level overview of the new APIs you could get it, but if you didn't care you could just skip those pages and still enjoy the shiny pixels and features. and he nerded out about things but restrained himself from full-on fanboy-mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

bhlaab posted:

omg i love that guys sauce i eat it on literally ebvetrthing

• Locked thread