Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Cyster posted:

Considering how often you've mentioned Silent Fang in the past 24 hours I imagine you're very committed to your interpretation, but here's how it was from my perspective.

I was screwing around with Silent Fang in PvP to annoy people with the silence, not because I thought it was an amazing weapon. I wasn't geared well. I wasn't great at PvP -- I did okay sometimes. None of my personal experience factored into the feedback I carried to the development team about rogues. My job was to understand the basics of the class so I could interpret player feedback, not mine, to to the development team. It's a crap community manager that considers their own experience superior over the top competitors in the content provided, and I never thought that highly of myself. :v:

I'm fascinated by how the story's warped over the years, because how the story was told back when it happened had little to do with my PvPing and much to do with me supposedly using Silent Fang in raids (which I didn't do). Anyway. Silent Fang was a bad weapon with an interesting proc. My character got leaked with it having been captured in a Warsong Gulch match where I'd been messing with it. (I believe I was in some horrible amalgam of PvP and MC gear, too, because frankly I didn't PvP much and I was also pretty far down the line on the rogue priority in my guild due to me dedicating time to multiple characters. In multiple guilds.)

I didn't decry the weapon or explain this because, frankly, it would've sounded like a thin excuse at the time. I also didn't want to add more fuel to the fire. So I stopped commenting on it and let it go.

I mean, your version sounds like something to get righteously angry about, so godspeed if you want to keep on that path. Figured you might want to know since you seem to care about it, though.

In other news, hooray, WildStar's free-to-play. Some bumps we're resolving, but it's out there. Looking forward to a day of chasing down bugs tomorrow.

Thanks for checking it out, even if it's only morbid curiosity.

Why does my support ticket that I put in from one account say it's from another account tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Imagine being a senior engineer at Carbine Studios, who has worked 8 years (many of which were entirely in crunch) to bring Wildstar to fruition, only to work an extra year and a half fixing bugs for what is now known as the laughingstock of a genre of games that is one big laughingstock, and who is now dragging themselves through what has now become a 21 hour shift in a desperate attempt to fix a game that represents the past nine and a half years of their life to which nobody will end up giving a second glance within a few months

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Wonder Turbine posted:

Imagine being a senior engineer at Carbine Studios, who has worked 8 years (many of which were entirely in crunch) to bring Wildstar to fruition, only to work an extra year and a half fixing bugs for what is now known as the laughingstock of a genre of games that is one big laughingstock, and who is now dragging themselves through what has now become a 21 hour shift in a desperate attempt to fix a game that represents the past nine and a half years of their life to which nobody will end up giving a second glance within a few months

Yeah that's why liquor exists.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also imagine thinking all of that while being aware that the executives responsible for the worst decisions will find cushy jobs elsewhere due to industry nepotism an a "proven track record" of "successful game launches."

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Rasmussen posted:

On another note, anyone manage to log in the game world yet?

Sure, logging in is fairly easy. Staying on is a bit of a challenge. :v:

Also Cyster is a goddamn trooper for still posting usefully here and keeping an even head fyi, and even though I smacktalk Wildstar p. relentlessly, I appreciate the effort Cyster puts into trying to make this game not terrible.

Will it be enough, though? (Answer: probably not :smith:)

Minsky
May 23, 2001

SpaceDrake posted:

I haven't played in ages, and I forget if I deleted my Dom characters or not. My main is still there, though, so w/e

Also the mouselook/aim is actually reasonably slick... except there's still no way to bind abilities to mouse1/mouse2. Rip. So close yet so far still. Wonder if any of rebind mods are still up to date.

Before the servers shat the bed I was watching some random streamer use the mouselook feature and it mapped LMB/RMB to the first two abilities on the bar it seems, if that's what you mean.

Anyways looks like it all went to poo poo pretty fast but at least that's no different from your average mmo launch these days and not particular to Wildstar.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
White screen of death after the tutorial. I'm so glad they still hosed things up.

E: Yeah, they chopped up the intro mission ever more than it already was. You can't even torture dominion citizens for the Chua scientist anymore.

Holy poo poo, Artemis' section and the church were completely cut too. They removed pretty much all of the culture parts. What the gently caress?

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 29, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Langosta posted:

So you people are going to be complaining that the game is too hard on the official forums, right?

I'm not even going to play this game and I might still do that

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Maybe I didn't play this game for long enough for my indifference to turn into hatred but I've never quite got the disgust and derision hurled at this game by goons. Here's hoping I don't find out when I play this again. I'm guessing due to the tone of this thread that there's no chance of any kind of goon presence anywhere?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm still playing MGS5 like a loving addict, so someone tell me what even changed since like June of last year. I haven't decided if I want to reinstall to finish up my bitching airport home.

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
I didn't think the game was that bad at launch, I just couldn't deal with the bugs.

But then again I only got to 25 so...

gently caress it I am going to give it a shot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deki posted:

I'm still playing MGS5 like a loving addict, so someone tell me what even changed since like June of last year. I haven't decided if I want to reinstall to finish up my bitching airport home.

You haven't 100%'ed it yet? That's weak.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ahhhh, I love the smell of fresh F2P MMO in the morning. It smells like, disappointment.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Jack Trades posted:

You haven't 100%'ed it yet? That's weak.

Words that kill.

I'm barely at 50% completion. MGS5 is literally gonna kill me

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I left the download on over night and this morning the launcher had crashed. This is going to be the greatest relaunch ever can't wait for 5 pm.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So is their F2P similar to star wars? Free but not able to access lots of stuff without paying?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Robutt posted:

Maybe I didn't play this game for long enough for my indifference to turn into hatred but I've never quite got the disgust and derision hurled at this game by goons. Here's hoping I don't find out when I play this again. I'm guessing due to the tone of this thread that there's no chance of any kind of goon presence anywhere?

If Bad Rats was an MMO there would still be a goon presence.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kingtheninja posted:

So is their F2P similar to star wars? Free but not able to access lots of stuff without paying?

Nah there's basically no content restrictions. The only major stuff that's held back if you don't spend is creating a guild and some bonuses to XP and currency rates.

They're banking on people buying boosts and cosmetic stuff and housing stuff, but there's not a lot of any of that in the shop yet

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Minsky posted:

Anyways looks like it all went to poo poo pretty fast but at least that's no different from your average mmo launch these days and not particular to Wildstar.

Has there been many trainwrecks for MMO launches as of late (not counting Sim City and Diablo 3)? I think ESO might have had issues, but I didn't play it.

Sure as poo poo a lot better these days than Anarchy Online's and Everquest's launches. WS would have to be down for about three more days and then only be up only a few hours for the next couple of weeks to match those golden days.

That would be really Hardcore.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nah there's basically no content restrictions. The only major stuff that's held back if you don't spend is creating a guild and some bonuses to XP and currency rates...

So it sounds a bit like the Guild Wars 2 F2P set up. That's cool because I give no fucks about cosmetics. None. Not a single gently caress.

I only got to level 35 in beta and thought this game was better than some games at launch (eyeballs TOR and Final Fantasy). I'll probably try it out since I never got into the problems that most people trigger out on. I usually quit MMORPGs when it gets to the raiding part at the end; so the raids sucking probably won't affect me.

Take that Carbine, I'm totally gonna play your hardcore game casual. In your face Carbine. In ALL of your faces!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nah there's basically no content restrictions. The only major stuff that's held back if you don't spend is creating a guild and some bonuses to XP and currency rates.

They're banking on people buying boosts and cosmetic stuff and housing stuff, but there's not a lot of any of that in the shop yet

so they cant even cash grab correctly

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Asimo posted:

Also imagine thinking all of that while being aware that the executives responsible for the worst decisions will find cushy jobs elsewhere due to industry nepotism an a "proven track record" of "successful game launches."

Life's not fair. Then you die.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Well, I would love to download this free game but the website login (https://secure.wildstar-online.com/login) isn't working.

Are they doing maintenance or something?

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 29, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Robutt posted:

Less a function of the game itself than it is derision aimed at certain developers on the project who when faced with a failing idea decided to double down rather than realize the market has moved on since 2003.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Funny, letting it go seemed an awful lot like blanket banning of literally anyone who said the words silent fang on the entire official forums. Which happened.

Maybe there should be some SASS like site for people banned from the wow forums and you guys can go bitch about poo poo no one cares about years after the fact there.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Maybe there should be some SASS like site for people banned from the wow forums and you guys can go bitch about poo poo no one cares about years after the fact there.

MMO-Champion?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Gonna be honest, gonna give this 2-3 days to get over the always hilarious launch issues.

Then im gonna log on, be like "has this changed? Can this entertain me for more than 30 minutes?"

The answer will be no.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rhymenoserous posted:

ignore him he did a death threat to a dev in wow for not having legenderies transmogable, he is about as trashy as wildstar fans if not more.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Wildstar's UI looks like a bad Winamp skin. Uninstall.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cyron posted:

ignore him he did a death threat to a dev in wow for not having legenderies transmogable, he is about as trashy as wildstar fans if not more.

Kill all nerds.

Including me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought the deluxe edition and i've had subscription time to this game (shameful), didn't get jackshit for it. :homebrew:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
What race are you guys playing? Cat girls? Night elves? Hamsters? The charr?

Also what class is the least unfun?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So, if Goons do get back into this awful thing; Where do I make characters, and what Faction?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
So apparently Dominion players are furious the trailer makes Exiles "look like the only playable faction" and they get new cooler gear, too?

:mmmhmm:

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Because I enjoy bad video games I went ahead and installed this, only to find out that character transfers from PvP to PvE servers are disabled and will cost $20 once they are reenabled. Whelp, so much for that.

It also appears at some point my account was hijacked, but the hijacker got bored and wandered off leaving a large number of AH items for me to dig though. That cant be a good sign about the state of the game.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Anoia posted:

So apparently Dominion players are furious the trailer makes Exiles "look like the only playable faction" and they get new cooler gear, too?

:mmmhmm:

Link to video?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Installed it but tried to login and my authentication is tied to my old phone so I sent a support ticket I'm expecting to hear back in maybe a week or so if I'm lucky given that 1000s of other morons probably have the same issue.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shockeh posted:

So, if Goons do get back into this awful thing; Where do I make characters, and what Faction?

GW2 and players who don't jump at the opportunity to eat poo poo free of charge, respectively. Hope that helps.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

CoffeeBooze posted:

It also appears at some point my account was hijacked, but the hijacker got bored and wandered off leaving a large number of AH items for me to dig though. That cant be a good sign about the state of the game.

A game so boring even the goldfarmers can't stand it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

In their stats and item rune revamp, they forgot to convert runes of moxie, which means items slotted with them are now stuck with a rune that has zero effect, costs a significant amount gold to remove and crashes any runing addon that tries to examine it or modify it

• Locked thread