Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

quote:

Q: Are the items character-bound, or account-bound?

A: They are character-bound. When you apply one to your character, it is no longer shareable with your other characters (although you can still trade it).
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Flesh Forge posted:

This is standard girl presentation in just about every video game I've ever seen except vanilla Everquest, in which you could be a great big fat woman with blue eye shadow and rouged cheeks. Absolutely nothing else was good about that game but in the "Can I Be A Fat Ugly Woman" category it will forever reign supreme

:gizz:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Sorry I can't get into Tera. My very first day involved 2 hours of zone chat discussing why wanting to bang the loli wasn't pedophilia. The fact that consensus landed on the side it shouldn't have left an ashen taste in my mouth.

That describes zone chat of every mmo in existence.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

onesixtwo posted:

Fear was Cazic-Thule, but otherwise yes. Fear was a loving massive zone and EVERYTHING had to be pulled because once CT was engaged the entire zone aggro'd you. Clearing took loving forever. You basically had a group on pull duty consisting of monks, rangers, and a bard. They pulled the entire zone piece by piece to keep a steady flow for the entire time you were up there.

Plane of Hate was Inny, and it was more fun that fear since you actually moved through the place. Also the mob design was more interesting.

Maybe when they redid Plane of Hate, but initially it was a miserable experience.

When it was first released, most of the mobs there had pets. So the pull team had to not only pull the mob, but pull its pet as well. The pathing was so terrible there the pets would run off in the middle of the pull and agro half the zone.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Robutt posted:

Maybe I didn't play this game for long enough for my indifference to turn into hatred but I've never quite got the disgust and derision hurled at this game by goons. Here's hoping I don't find out when I play this again. I'm guessing due to the tone of this thread that there's no chance of any kind of goon presence anywhere?

If Bad Rats was an MMO there would still be a goon presence.

• Locked thread