Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

It's not that the devs didn't support it, it's that the support they did give was terrible

I'm also glad this thread is back. Oddly enough there's less bickering in this than the actual schaedenfreud thread in pyf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Said expansion will probably subsidize Wildstar for the next year.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Haha something similar happened during release for GW2 and anet banned people by the hundreds and forced them to beg for their accounts back on their forums. They eventually unbanned a lot of the people, but they got the point across.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

E:^ Oh yeah, they loving call out people all the time for lying on the forums when they complain about it. It's pretty funny.

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Wasn't that just due to folks unloading mats at stupid cheap prices? I think that was because of how obtuse the vendor/inventory system was. Like, there was a whole different inventory for crafting mats. But you had to go into it and move stuff into the regular inventory to sell it to a vendor, so people never vendored stuff they didn't need. You COULD see all the stuff from your crafting inventory on the AH, though. So people were unloading stuff at like 1 copper each for the longest time, mostly out of lack of an apparent alternative.

Nah, it was that you could buy poo poo for karma (an in game currency you get for completing events/quests) and vendoring them for gold. You're not supposed to be able to directly convert it to gold like that, but an item fell through the cracks. I think it was some sort of cooking material.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

jjac posted:

GW2 added a new taunt status effect in the expansion but it's treated more like an emergency ability rather than something to maintain continuously.

I don't get how putting the trinity in GW2's dungeon design would suddenly make everything better. It'll only make it interesting in that it adds a layer of busywork on top of everything, old encounters would still be sacks of HP like in any other game anyway.

It's less about the trinity, but rather anet's inability to design any decent dungeon encounter. Just look at destiny, totally different genre, but the raid encounters in that game are drat good and everyone is just basically straight DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

Don't loving play wildstar you brain damaged idiot. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Even with all the slap fighting that's going on, we all still remember the important things. :911:

• Locked thread