Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Thunderbro posted:

, paying $60 to skip 90% of levelling
this is the funniest thing to me. Like i understand that any game would be boring to repeat over and over that many times, but if the levelling content is so dull you'd rather pay 4 months worth of subs just to skip most of it, that doesn't say much about the quality of the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

I love these types of people, because they're basically paying $15 a month for what amounts to an IRC room.

"The WarZ", a terrible ripoff of DayZ made by the same guys that made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rikTiT2OwqQ
had a goon thread with people defending it because they "had fun playing with goons for a few hours". The game was so bad valve actually removed it from steam.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

John Dyne posted:

No, the trash had drops, too.

Man, I used to know all the gods in EQ and a lot of the drat lore. If it had one thing going for it, it was it had a big loving world and all of the deities seemed to actually have a place everywhere and had a lot of lore intertwined with them. I did love how they'd have events to permanently change zones thanks to story, like Nektulos forest, I think it was? Between the commons and the karanas.

Also, I remember most of the gods having a pretty cool depiction. Except Rodcet Nife, the god of healing, because he looks like a loving sectoid from X-Com with a toga.

Kithicor forest. Peaceful by day, full of level ~40 undead by night. Ran through by level 10 barbarians and level 14 enchanters constantly.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah see "high end players" are not where the money gets made, I regret to inform you. If the focus of your content is something that repels a majority of your playerbase then you're going to have problems. Not to say hard content has no place, but seriously Wildstar is a prime example (one among many) of what happens once the honeymoon's over and you're left with lovely, gimmicky unfun content that nobody wants to do.

this has always been the more likely scenario as far as I've ever seen

I think he was talking about the middle ground of players, which most of us fit into, as opposed to the two extremes of world-first raider and keyboard-turning 2 attacks a minute guy. And I'd agree, tuning your content to that second group will alienate not only the high end but also the middle tier people.

That said, I don't think ff14 actually does that anyway.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

*dings max level* god i can't believe people play this game, i'm only here to laugh at them, like a nerd safari, of which i am not, a nerd that is.

• Locked thread