Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
He doesn't do his Chua shtick anymore, but he still posts.

quote:

this threads, tweets and subreddits are beyond reason.

Australia is withdrawing the retail boxes, and the entire F2P bandwagon is on the role, thinking they're getting the game for free now...

I really pitty the devs who have to read this crap constantly from people not willing to support the hard work this company has done.

What a sad little world we live in....

From this wonderful thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

sword_man.gif posted:

don't forget that some carbine dudes were present at blizzcon badge pickup to promote a tour of carbine studios with goody bags from a literal dollar store

Don't forget that the people they actually got to tour their offices were forced to sign an NDA. I know one of the guys who went and he legitimately WILL NOT talk about it. He knows I can't keep my fat mouth shut. :smith:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Iron Tusk posted:

Wilderrun. If you can find a decent group, you can probably have an OK time with it now with all that's changed.

Counterpoint: Whitevale

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

SpaceDrake posted:

:words: about eldergems

I kind of want to build on the whole eldergem shitshow. Not only did you require over a weeks worth of gems to unlock atunement, you then needed to grind out several hundred more for extra AMP points(320 gems) and skill points(400 gems). You could buy something like ten AMP and seven skill points. One of the top raiding guilds abused the poo poo out of a bug where the vendor was selling these and not taking the gems within the first few weeks so they could max it all out. It was that or the cap wasn't working properly, I honestly forgot which but would not be surprised if it were both.

It's totally okay though because both have something like a .6% chance of dropping off of some random mob in a daily zone.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Rhymenoserous posted:

No, a certain painting in the architect crafting tree was selling for elder gems. Raiding groups were mass producing these and passing them out so folks could max out.

This is definitely a more bizarre bug than what I was told. How does a thing like that happen?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Link for those curious.

quote:

Hey there! Steam integration has been coming for a while, Valve was in our office here in Orange County back in January. We are trying to get Wildstar to be THE MMO for Steamboxes, IE, Wildstar will be preinstalled with every system. It should be happening before the China launch that's for sure.

God bless you, Wildstar guy. Keep on livin' that dream. :patriot:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Carbine finally announced the "special surprise" that was supposed to follow after the long maintenance. I hope you guys are ready, this is going to turn the tables on the TROLLS and HATERS who are giving wildstar one star yelp reviews.

They really did just overlay some crap onto a random mob :stare: Why did nobody ever make a :carbine: for these occasions?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The FAQ for those curious. Didn't notice if it's been linked. Signature(paid) accounts get a 25% rep boost from quests and 50% from kills, along with 25% more XP and a bunch of other poo poo. :stare:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Anoia posted:

I liked how the threat generation for warrior tanks was fundamentally broken for months after launch, and had been a problem all through beta, so the true believers started asserting it was a fresh new take on tank rules. Surely if it had been "broken" so long it was intentional!

Yes, it was GOOD that warriors, which everyone associates with tanking, were absolutely poo poo at the role and outclassed by engineer and stalker tanks. :shepface:

Fuckin' casual. Everyone knows that true tanks only mash their left click to attack. :smug:

Seriously if you didn't just spam menacing strike or whatever it was called your threat generation died. But hey at least you weren't an engineer tank who just couldn't receive heals if they had a specific AMP or some poo poo. Anybody happen to still have a link to the old engineer bug thread from launch? I recall it being absolutely wonderful.

e; That was a lot easier than I thought. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48617-list-of-the-engineer-bugs/

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
You guys remember how Wildstar had a Simon minigame and you could just get an add-on to do it all automatically? That was cool. The add-on I mean.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
The reddit thread on the earnings report has some actual discussion going on, I'm impressed.

It also has this:

quote:

I could see how that would be very frustrating. I like to raid in MMOs, but Wildstar's raids really don't do it for me.

That being said, I like Timetravel not because of his development for raids, but because he and Moja seem to be two of the very few competent and honest PvP developers. I'm not sure what's going on over at Carbine Studios, but Meerkat and Hildogen have both fallen face first when it comes to actually producing something worthwhile for PvP.

That, and he's personable. I'd rather have a charismatic developer who makes mistakes and takes feedback on it, rather than some silent / goofy dev who can't be asked to even explain their ideas in a timely manner.

:laffo: Maybe Timetravel has done some stuff where he didn't seem like a colossal rear end, but everything I've seen/heard through this thread makes him seem like a jerkbag.

e; The lesson to be learned from all of this is that no matter how badly you have hosed up, you have probably not hosed up as badly as Wildstar.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 1, 2015

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Flesh Forge posted:

It's weird to me that people have a problem with content being gated behind "you have to do this bunch of quests" but not with content being gated behind "you have to farm xp to level 45/60/90/whatever".

It is EXACTLY ONE HUNDRED QUESTS that take roughly ten to fifteen hours, assuming decent but not amazing luck with the group finder. Like I really like FFXIV but forcing people to do so many quests to access the expansion and do current relevant content is dumb.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I just want you all to remember that Wildstar's casual raid content is world bosses according to their raid designer and that some people seem to think developing content for casual players isn't needed, or is a waste of resources.

quote:

Actually, come f2p there will be "thousands and thousands" of players doing normal raiding. I am not against the idea of a casual raid, it just seems like a waste of resources sense casual raiding is already in the game come f2p, it's just world content instead of instanced content. I would rather they focus on new DUNGEONs and new raid tiers, because I think new dungeons are far more important than casual raiding as well, its the best content to do with friends.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

Is wildstar f2l going to be lovely dumb 40 man raids still or did they realize how lovely it is

They ditched 40m content a few months back. Because they realized they only had 39 active players.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Only another week-ish and then we can all play Wildstar to fill time waiting for our favorite MMO expansion/content patch to drop:

SWTOR expansion: Oct 27th
GW2 expansion: Oct 23rd
FFXIV 3.1: Probably in a few weeks?
WoW: I dunno wait for Blizzcon?
STO: Season 11 sometime this year

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So standing still while you mash buttons is much more engaging than moving around. Got it, thanks for clarifying that.

I mean constantly moving totally worked for Wildstar right?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

wdarkk posted:

And now Age of Sigmar is somehow worse.

I mean the lizardmen did kill Be'lakor by throwing rocks at him. That's pretty great.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I will play this game again because I need something to do until a less lovely game updates or releases. Also I hate myself.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Commissar Budgie posted:

Did somebody say Worst Character?

What the gently caress is that armor. Are those plugs on the shoulders?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Xolve posted:

Not even allowed to hate myself.

What fresh new hell is this?

Everybody at Carbine forgot that their mega-servers are actually just normal servers that they had to pretend were mega-servers. They started to believe the delusions of their fans.

Also game isn't supposed to be up for like 20 more minutes.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

West Ham Sandwich posted:

E: My 1k queue hasn't moved at ALL.

I'm hanging at character creation. Forever.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Got in on my warrior from launch and oh god Thayd is a hellhole of lag right now. Also the minimap immediately crashed, so good job on fixing your awful UI Carbine.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Both I'd wager. Still can't make new characters but Thayd is pretty drat packed with people, at least on the PvE server.

quote:

Hello!

We are aware that players are currently experiencing an issue that prevents new character creation. Our team is investigating, and we will keep you updated in this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Team WildStar

How long was this in beta for? I know a beta can't really 100% replicate a full on live launch but this one seems to be kind of a big bug?

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 29, 2015

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland posted:

They probably forgot to put them on the new server or something.
Whoops.

This is what I'm guessing. The client is/was still hooked up to the PTR probably so it keeps getting hung up on character creation, and can't find recent creations.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Rolled a new Exile engineer, since my old one's weapon just vanished in the ether, and got thrown in the middle of a Dominion starting zone. Oh Carbine :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Anoia posted:

Human? That would make a slight amount of sense since Humans and Cassians are technically the same race.

It was, yeah. Game threw me on that character again when I rolled a lizardman warrior and sat at the character creation forever.

• Locked thread