Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

F2P conversion of wildstar has the potential of overdoing swtor in terms of overall shittiness if the devs terminal idiocy is anything to go by. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

"Whats this tattoo about? Well you see there was this video game that was just too good for this world"

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

So is this really going f2p or are they just trolling their idiot userbase to buy more useless copies of their poo poo game?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Pesterchum posted:

A reminder that this was the gif posted by the lead raid designer when he found out a guild finally cleared one of their lovely raids.

Is ncsoft management developmentally disabled or something? Why do they continue giving money to these pissants? :cripes:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

At some point one would imagine ncsoft management to step up and tell them to stfu with their retarded user-hostile poo poo.

e: since carbine higher ups apparently consider this a proper way to do business going by how this idiot bitch of a game designer has not been fired on the spot after making that post.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Having fun is for casuals aka human garbage. :smug:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Wait, 75 minutes to clear 5 man content is considered a speed run? Holy poo poo.

Last time I spent this kinda time on dungeons was back in cata heroic pugging days (hi grim batol :fuckoff:) and boy did it suck.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

I hope f2p players would be forced to use literal cardboard and tin gear so they would properly understand their position on the social hierarchy of wildstar userbase.

Also paying players would automatically use /poo poo emote on them if nearby.

Carbine, hire me.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

I can imagine. Someone in general: guys come see, there's a new kid on the block. Cue staring and creepy whispers.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Well you see we're gonna have 60 man raids so its gonna be superhardcore and obviously very successful, unlike that nerfed casual poo poo.

e: My only 40 man raiding experience is anniversary MC40 and it was absolutely hilarious. That's my raiding story thanks and god bless.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Verranicus posted:

I just want to see what the most anti-F2P people on the official forums (people like Lethality, the guy with the Animal avatar) who are always smugly saying it will never happen will do when it inevitably does.

Whinepost about unsubbing a lot.

e: It's a slap in the face, etc

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

You can't unsub now, the game is F2P :smug:

I'm sure there's gonna be a premium subscription and hilarious restrictions for those not paying. Like swtor but worse.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

F2p players should have winner.gif somewhere on the UI permanently visible imo.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Bauxite posted:

It'll be even better, you need sub to have a house at all and the protostar NPCs actually make fun of you for being a poor and give you a cardboard box underneath someone else's house to live in while laughing at you.

Would unironically play this.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Bauxite posted:

I'm just waiting for the string of news articles about carbine developers quitting to work on mobile games or just disappearing (since this IS NCsoft we're talking about) and the game being taken over by a new team.

Anything would be an improvement at this point tbf up and including literal clinically diagnosed imbeciles.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That raises a good question: what was the focus of gameplay supposed to be? It wasn't the grind because that was tedious and full of grindy mobs and adds that could kill you, but it clearly wasn't endgame raiding because they deliberately made it impossible.

It was all about making GBS threads on casuals on the forums while reminiscing about halcyon days of vanilla wow.

e: Anyway, if Carbine comes to their senses and rebalance everything for the f2p relaunch they still might salvage something, I mean at least the art style is not bad looking imo. It happened before (tor, eso).

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 20, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Kinda surprised its not in there what with all the ra-ra-ra-hardcore bullshit.

Idea: permadeath for f2p players. :shepface:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

God, could you imagine if the devs ran with this idea?

"New f2p hipster players will get easier attunements and simpler raids, because they need to be coddled. Not like you hardcore, manly old-school subscribers who will keep access to the original raid system because you're too badass to be coddled, ammirite?"

That's almost insane enough to work.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

That was the game with the race of half-dressed eight-year-olds, right? And there was a whole little teacup storm when they toned down the naked child butt for the US release?

That was Tera I think.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Meanwhile Rift just updated to an actual good version of this type of system - every item you ever pick up gets saved in your 'wardrobe' and you can just pick a look at will from the equivalent of a drop-down choice. You don't even need to keep the item itself.

loving 'hardcore' games.

This is literally the best system and all pretty princess games should loving adopt it ASAP.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

SWTOR 3.2 added some kind of transmog ripoff system.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

WarLocke posted:

No, the actual best system was in City of heroes where your looks didn't connect with your 'gear' at all and you could have any look you wanted straight from character creation. :colbert:

TSW has something like that, there's no stats on visible gear. I guess it's okay too.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

sword_man.gif posted:

it's not the cost of wow it's the fact that there's nothing to loving do unless you're actively progression raiding

i don't do serious raiding but LFR sucks now (i had some legit fun in ToT lfr groups even if it involved hilarious wipes) and there's literally nothing else to do except for boring facebook poo poo

which is why i'm playing through swtor storylines now and its p fun and good

e: my personal wow last straw was that we finished stuff i was interested in (raid meta cheevos, etc) up to and including DS with a friend and i really don't give a poo poo about anything newer so there's not even the soloing angle involved anymore, anyway that's my wow story thanks and god bless

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 12, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Velthice posted:

and in less than 24 hours, BOOM: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35s3dz/f2pb2p_ban_rule_nullified/

another crazy comes crashing down to reality and sees the wreckage they've surrounded themselves in

is that the same fran who melted down on wildstar forums because her nick was taken because this is really the moderator wildstar subreddit deserves lol

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lmao everything related to wildstar is a loving treasure

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

F2P conversion is certain to bring us new stuff to laugh at.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

I suppose if you missed the exploit party you'll have to grind some seriously unfun poo poo to buy the equivalent of PLEX, right?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Iron Tusk posted:

There's a claimed Carbine insider (apparently willing to verify employment with the mods) over there that Fran keeps snipping his posts. He says it's headed for a TOR style hybrid model in August.

tbh I can't imagine why would anyone care when its f2p if it is still fundamentally unfun and full of bugs. swtor is a competent game underneath at least, even if vanilla sidequests are mostly boring BC-era crap, storyline stuff is legit. also last patch made a lot of convenience changes which go completely against anything that could be called hardcore.

wildstar on the other hand has housing and ... ?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

people who can't stop gushing about a dead mmo with tights in it are the worst hth

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Anoia posted:

Just think, the server space that once housed your beloved CoH character was overwritten for this.

:getin:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Seven people working QA is honestly seven more than I expected...at launch.

I assume they quit because they got tired of being ignored.

idk sitting around all day doing jack poo poo sounds like an ok job to me

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Iron Tusk posted:

Don't forget the asses.

so uh when is this released again

asking for a friend

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

I prefer to be the most powerful princess.

why not be both

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

the weird gigantic buttocks everywhere, it's pretty much the ugliest ball of what the gently caress

smh @ u

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

This sure is some humor alright :stonk:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Making fun of pedophiles doesn't really matter either, tbh.

~slacktivism~

vvvv nothing like pedochat in the wildstar thread :3:

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 15, 2015

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

indeed, lets talk about chua or w/e being a race for filthy furries :regd08:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

you're kidding about a 40 man raid right?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

those two are more like :smith:

sad cake for a sad abortion of a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

We've soloed a lot of technically very trivial raids and got shittons of fun, hth.

> I just don't understand why anyone would want content to become trivial and obsolete. Isn't it better design to try and find ways to keep it relevant and fun instead? Doing so does not mean brand new content is off the table or anything.

Have fun grinding on a murloc in elwynn forest forever, while never actually feeling stronger. :barf:

• Locked thread