Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Byolante posted:

Telling people you got a friends and family invite to the beta was a sackable offence for the person at carbine who gave you the key. Even beta codes are hardcore in wildstar

sure did a lot of good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Itzena posted:

Remember that Carbine is full of ex-Blizzard employees, and then figure out why they are ex-employees.

blizzard wasn't hardcore enough for them

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Byolante posted:

Thats the relevant section from the email I got my fnf key in. Its pretty hilarious.

It seems like they're such an elitist company with an elitist mentality. No wonder they hosed their game.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Pesterchum posted:

Here's the other relevant screenshot.

Are you serious? what a circlejerk that community is.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

If the glassdoor reviews are accurate then holiday parties were either a let down or barely existed.

"hey look its christmas coming up and you've been working hard, there's free pop in the fridge"

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

i am tim! posted:

It's kinda sad how evidently true this is, as reading over the forums I AM seeing a lot of angsting about B2P/F2P in the form of "But when we open up the gates, all of these PEOPLE will come in and ruin our EXCLUSIVE AND UNIQUE COMMUNITY!" I swear some of these people believe if they cry hard enough their tears will save the game.

I feel that the game could have done a lot better with a better team at Wildstar. With all of the mistakes made with regards to PvP, PvE dungeons, and PvE Raids, the communication from the team was absolute garbage and fixes were too slow/didn't event come.

I really wanted this game to succeed because it was a lot of fun and unique, but I guess they didn't.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

This is weird because WS felt way more like Burning Crusade than Vanilla WoW to me. Vanilla tried to be a living breathing world, like previous MMOs, to some extent while BC just went full themepark. If anything Wildstar took this even further since it was pretty much just a linear path to max level.

There was nothing like Black Rock Depths in Wildstar.

I still feel like BC was very open world with a lot of the daily quests, some world objectives, and farming areas (elemental plateau). Granted they introduced flying but still, TBC felt pretty living and breathing to me.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

What's the story behind this post?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

VoLaTiLe posted:

Have you even seeen warplots >_>..

That line on top of the launcher made me chuckle everytime because no...nobody ever saw loving warplots.

>_> that face got me, especially now

its like they were so arrogant and thought that warplots were so good.

i was a pvp player in WS. i didn't see them.

Do you know how much time we spent on warplots? >_>

this is what they should have said

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

down with slavery posted:

why are people posting about "p2w" in a game thats clearly a pve dungeon crawler

mmo pvp? come on, you gotta be kidding me

mmo pvp is fun

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Anatharon posted:

You know Wildstar reminds me of something in the WoW beta. Originally Chris Metzen (the story guy) wanted Night Elves to have a gender split for classes: Only Male Night Elves could be druids, and only Female Night Elves could be priests, hunters or warriors. Because that's how it was in the story.

But then they decided nah, that's a dumb idea. I'm surprised WildStar didn't take that idea with both hands and run with it. :v:

i wonder how he feels about dwarf shamans and warlocks, and tauren priests and paladins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

SarutosZero posted:

Can anyone who played wildstar say if any of the classes were at all interesting or unique or were they just more of the same wow classes but with a different flavor

Esper and spellslinger were both really cool classes different than a traditional caster/magic dps.

Espers used a build up mechanism to ramp up their DPS/crits. Spellslingers were mobile and high bursty dps with guns.

I guess like most classes in MMOs they had cc, escapes, etc but they had some pretty cool new features that were fun.

• Locked thread