Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
I remember a investors meeting was supposed to have happened in march but there wasnt sny word. I wonder id theae f2p/b2p discussions popping up again are a result of that?

Also their quarterly reports come soon. The last one had "other" beating out Wildstar by a huge margin and it was found out it was lineage 2, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

To be fair I've heard they made the attunement slightly easier. I think you just have to complete the dungeons now, rather than speedrun them, and they were always the only part of the chain that was actually difficult. And the boss of the raid drops an item that you can give to another player to instantly attune them. The real question is whether there will ever be another person who wants to get attuned to a Wildstar raid who isn't already.

The only change was making it to bronze. You stiill have to contend with the rest of the attunement.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125072-livestream-hiatus-424/?p=1307428

game so bad not even devs wanna level

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

They release the quarterly numbers yet? Since Carbine/NCSoft doesn't like to talk sub numbers for obvious reasons its all we have at the moment.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is Olivar on the staff? Or is he just the True Protector of WildStar?

Protector. Surprised he isn't an embassador. I remember he used to RP a chua on forums but like Verr has said, the game is starting to get to the old guard lately.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

SarutosZero posted:

The subscription thing is like when mmo players think that there should be 18+ adult only servers and that will solve the problem of mmo players being dickheads

Pay model has nothing to do with what kind of players you're going to get but they'll shout about it a whole bunch

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35pkl7/mod_post_i_will_no_longer_be_allowing_any_f2pb2p/?sort=confidence

Well theyre also sorting out posts for F2P/B2p posts so there's that too.

If/when this game does head down thst route i think it would be funny. Also is thst the same fran aka franbunny?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Too add, there was another bug (which supposedly got fixed in drop 5) that you could abuse a veteran adventure with a 5 man group and invite lowbies. You basically boosted your character from 1-50 in a matter of hours. don't get me wrong that's "okay" but these are the same people who say "Man I wish there were more lowbies leveling in these zones!"

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey guess what showed up on SteamDB?

https://steamdb.info/sub/68224/

Another sign of F2P?

Wanna read those WS forum baddie meltdowns

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

https://steamdb.info/app/371920/subs/

more stuff about this.

So will it still be sub, or maybe a tiered system?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

The bigger news is that apparently Blade and Soul is in family & friends beta.

get rid of wildstar and use their server space for that game.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Mizuti posted:

That's one of the parts of Wildstar's arrogance that gets me. They intentionally cultivated a community that would end up being small and toxic by nature. :psyduck:

The 1% of the 1% if you will.

Ive tried telling my friens thia game sucks and ia the reason i actually went back to better PC and console gaming and ahe fires back with "dont make fun of things I enjoy"

I also quote things from this threead to fuel the fire so... :getin:

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Anoia posted:

Please ask your friend what she finds enjoyable about this game cause I just don't understand.

She likes the raiding and thw attunement process but then aaks questions like she wishes that more people were playing.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Idk where but there was a post for drop 6 proposed that they change the level requirements gor the dungeons. That's great and all but you're losing a dungeon at level twenty and you just have access too one.

And if they do the 1-20 all content within that level range free trial thing as their F2P then lol they just took out content.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/mikehiggins3000/status/614569062694277120

https://twitter.com/Orbishdev/status/614699221975851008

farewell sweet prince

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

after a whole loving year I finally get attuned to the piece of poo poo first raid. Hardcore as gently caress cupcake.

and after a year the first raid is still having problems. Someone said in chat that one of the bosses glitched out and it took them 17 minutes to kill it. HARDCORE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Playing Wildstar for a year is a really strange way of ruining yourself. Most people just drink themselves to death or go on one huge coke fueled bender and get it over with.

I stopped playing for nearly 6 months and came back and got a lucky string of people looking to do the world bosses and that "hidden" boss in one of the dungeons. Otherwise I'd just log in, talk poo poo and log out.

The game has really gone down in the shitter and people were wondering if F2P will save it (it won't)

They were talking about playing other MMO's like ToS and FF 14 though.

• Locked thread