Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really disappointed that Wildstar did not turn out good. I was in the closed beta, and pre-ordered too. I really believed in this game until post launch when it became obvious the devs weren't going to support it, and its end game content was awful. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Republicanus posted:

If they sold it to someone who likes to make good fun games - like Blizzard - with the art assets and all, they might be able to pull a nice F2P game out of the rubble. There are actually small parts that are fun.
It's like SWTOR - they had horrible grind quests with awful mob placement which made the storyline fade into screams of poo poo. When they put in 12x storyline XP, it became very fun to play. They finally realized "our planetary quests are in the most part poo poo" and got rid of the necessity for the player to trudge through such below-standard crap questing.

Did the Old Republic decide to stick with its 12X exp? I thought that was only a limited time thing to build hype for the newest expansion before it shipped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jaragoh posted:

It's back for subscribers until sometime later this year.

Guess i'm resubbing to TOR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is a piece of poo poo and F2P isn't going to save it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Libluini posted:

What the hell does that mean? Is it possible to physically carry characters around in FFIXIV and for some reason people frown upon this?

Square-Enix wants Final Fantasy XIV to be a casual friendly game that anyone can play. They are okay with players using data parsers to track their own performance in high end content, but they don't want that data being used to belittle or harass other players. The way they see it is that data parsers are hostile to their goals with the game, and after seeing how it works in World of Warcraft, I don't blame them for taking that stance. Posting data parsed information in chat in-game can get your account banned in FFXIV as a result. Plus posting parser data is spam, its incredibly annoying in WoW.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 6, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought the deluxe edition and i've had subscription time to this game (shameful), didn't get jackshit for it. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My hope is that a lot of people will play Wildstar now and that the PvP will be populated again like it was at launch. That was at least a good time waster and good way to level up your character.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

29 minute wait time to get in. 1129 players are ahead of me. :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Too much lag! :eyepop:

• Locked thread