Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Oh my goodness, YES! I was wondering what was going on with WildStar ever since the last thread shut down, and this is sooooo much better than I could have hoped.

Glad to hear they're still behind on basic quality-of-life features!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

I remember their dumb "Come tour our MUCH COOLER office!" campaign, but never that they gave out grab bags from the dollar store. How cheap!

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

The company may have chased off the old cupcake-level players, but any attempt to get new people in will be dead in the water because the existing HARDCORE MOTHERFUCKER playerbase'll probably chase them all off.

It's kinda sad how evidently true this is, as reading over the forums I AM seeing a lot of angsting about B2P/F2P in the form of "But when we open up the gates, all of these PEOPLE will come in and ruin our EXCLUSIVE AND UNIQUE COMMUNITY!" I swear some of these people believe if they cry hard enough their tears will save the game.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

If it goes B2P or F2P I'll log in again just to gently caress with my house. I had a sweet house. It's a goddamn shame the house is the only thing I rated as awesome about this game.

If it goes B2P/F2P, you're probably going to log in to most of your housing lot locked off until you buy a PROTOSTAR BUILDING PERMIT only $5.99 per section of your land.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

cthulhoo posted:

Idea: permadeath for f2p players. :shepface:

What, and just hand these casual, no-sub cupcakes the Holy Grail of Hardcore MMORPGs? As if! :colbert:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

dominoeffect posted:

What's the story behind this post?

In a bid to promote the game, one of the developers took to doing a live stream called "Zero to Fifty" in which he would level a character from start to finish. However the developer playing didn't live up to the standards expected of such a HAARRDCOOOOORE gaming community so they kept shitpanning it. Now they're pulling the plug.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Cyron posted:

this thread was all over the chua like flys on poo poo. the whole race felt like gobots to the wow Goblins. both are the same thing but Goblins is a more of a mafia/used car salesman and the other is milking a meme.

Heck, I'll admit I was probably gonna play a Chua back when we still thought WildStar was being made by people that liked fun. Little did I know that they had exactly one shtick in store for the race, but by the time that became obvious the poo poo drat had burst and showed the whole world what a poo poo game WildStar is.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Unguided posted:

It's so they can hold a F2P "beta".

Well of COURSE when you say it like that, it comes off like they wanna to monetize this transition despite the fact that their product is blatantly not ready.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Anatharon posted:

I could have sworn people said warriors were the only good tank class in EQ before.

As I understand Warriors were the best main tanks for large scale raids, where the raw specialization was more valuable. In any other situation where you DON'T have two of each class buffing away your weaknesses, the varied kits that Paladins and Shadow Knights are way more useful.

So at the end of the day, you still needed somebody to level this horribly boring third rate tanks to max cuz the other guys just won't cut it for the end game.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

FF14 did this too, you clear an entire dungeon and fight the last boss. When the boss is about to die it goes into a cutscene and a npc rides it in the air and pulls it's heart out.

Granted that particular character's shtick was talking up how he was going to murder that particular boss, AND having your character sit aside for the final blow goes along well with the context surrounding that event.

It's not like he came out of left field to save your suddenly not-strong-enough PC from being killed like a chump and then jack the kill.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Eye of Widesauron posted:

That but also play Metroid instead

Are we talking NES Metroid or just any entry in the series?

Also, what are your thoughts on Metroid 2?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Here's a caption: the gently caress is happening to his arms?

Like I seriously thought the characters would look OK in most situations but Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

You're doing the right thing, Hy_C.

Edit: whoops, wrong name !

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 26, 2015

• Locked thread