Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Zeitgueist posted:

Man, you switched trolls quick

at least give the thread more than 2 pages

What is trolls? Because, like, these things Matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Did the gypsies steal your penis?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

SedanChair posted:

Did the gypsies steal your penis?

Someone non-white, at the very least.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Op can I just say I love your avatar. Nobody ever talks or cares about che gurana except you but you bought the avatar anyway and wear it proudly. What I'm trying to say is I think you're adorable.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

So unraveling all the sarcasm in the OP, what point is The Immigrant trying to make?

1. That genocide doesn't actually happen?
2. That muslims are bad?
3. That white/christian people have never done anything wrong?
4. That the past actions of Europe have no bearing on the state of the Middle East today?

I imagine it's some combination of the above, but he's afraid to say those things directly.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
ok lemme ask you this

which mideastern region states produce the best dolmas and hummus?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

My Imaginary GF posted:

ok lemme ask you this

There's a whole cultural appropriation conversation to be had on Israelis claiming those things.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Chomskyan posted:

So unraveling all the sarcasm in the OP, what point is The Immigrant trying to make?

1. That genocide doesn't actually happen?
2. That muslims are bad?
3. That white/christian people have never done anything wrong?
4. That the past actions of Europe have no bearing on the state of the Middle East today?

I imagine it's some combination of the above, but he's afraid to say those things directly.

1. This had several indicia of genocide, although for Reasons enunciated by a couple of posters smarter than you, it's debatable.
2. Some of them are, but you will capitalize, or else racism. They are people, and even if they wear Magnificent Headgear, they are capable of being Bad. Even if SedanChair fetishizes them in a cringeworthy fashion.
3. They have. However, the purported victims here were not white, so I don't know why you are trying to conflate white (don't capitalize it, or else racism) with christian (idem.). I can only assume you pooh-pooh the murder of these Africans because they are African. Racism.
4. Nonsequitur. How many times did you rape today?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

My Imaginary GF posted:

ok lemme ask you this

Syria, but what does this have to do with the thread?

Anyway,

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TheImmigrant posted:

1. This had several indicia of genocide, although for Reasons enunciated by a couple of posters smarter than you, it's debatable.
2. Some of them are, but you will capitalize, or else racism. They are people, and even if they wear Magnificent Headgear, they are capable of being Bad. Even if SedanChair fetishizes them in a cringeworthy fashion.
3. They have. However, the purported victims here were not white, so I don't know why you are trying to conflate white (don't capitalize it, or else racism) with christian (idem.). I can only assume you pooh-pooh the murder of these Africans because they are African. Racism.

Yes, keep running away. I can barely see you!

Do you believe that this happened?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

TheImmigrant posted:

Ok so we're unraveling a bit more here. I'm getting that you

1. Think that Muslims as a group aren't criticized enough.
2. Think that people are raising too much of a stink about racism (-> racism isn't actually that bad?)

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
How much of their motive is simply driven by having 105 people packed on what I assume is a small boat? The article just says 'rubber boat' so there's no real indication of its size, but I've seen these migrant boats with my own eyes and they fill them to the loving brim, where it's almost too difficult to even count heads. Imagine being in coach on an international flight while broke and loving starving and thirsty and possibly ill/motion sick, but it's even more cramped. I doubt this was premeditated to any degree.

Edit: Article with a better photo, but I don't think it's the boat in question: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32337725
This article makes it seem like it might be 105 people on a zodiac type of boat.

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 17, 2015

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

DrProsek posted:

Anyway,

:captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

dougdrums posted:

How much of their motive is simply driven by having 105 people packed on what I assume is a small boat? The article just says 'rubber boat' so there's no real indication of its size, but I've seen these migrant boats with my own eyes and they fill them to the loving brim, where it's almost too difficult to even count heads. Imagine being in coach on an international flight while broke and loving starving and thirsty and possibly ill/motion sick, but it's even more cramped. I doubt this was premeditated to any degree.

Edit: Article with a better photo, but I don't think it's the boat in question: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32337725
This article makes it seem like it might be 105 people on a zodiac type of boat.

I don't trust the Italian authorities to accurately report or investigate anything about this. This has all the markings of a moral panic.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DrProsek posted:

Anyway,

This looks potentially tasty but also deeply alarming.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Chomskyan posted:

Ok so we're unraveling a bit more here. I'm getting that you

1. Think that Muslims as a group aren't criticized enough.
2. Think that people are raising too much of a stink about racism (-> racism isn't actually that bad?)

Muslims aren't a race.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

tsa posted:

Muslims aren't a race.

What does this have to do with pizza?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

e: is this going to be what counts as a sandwich all over again? cus i'll go there with you if i have to

This may or may not have secretly been my intention all along with the pizza :ninja:

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
The US president is black, is this genocide?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is this genocide?

Yes this is genocide.

Is genocide wrong?

There are times when genocide is justified.

What? How can genocide ever be justified?

Genocide is always acceptable should they be white or christian.

That doesn't sound fair.

It doesn't sound fair but when you think about it logically you will find that it actually is.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

Heil Hitler.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Why can no black people swim?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DrProsek posted:

Anyway,

It has bread, it is pizza.

Bob James posted:

What does this have to do with pizza?

Please put NSW tags when posting anything from Little Caesars.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

I would like to know more about hotdogs = sandwiches.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Crowsbeak posted:

It has bread, it is pizza.

Please put NSW tags when posting anything from Little Caesars.

New South Whales tags?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Zeitgueist posted:

New South Whales tags?

Wales, you subliterate bogan.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Zeitgueist posted:

New South Whales tags?

Not safe for work, Why anyone thinks Little Caesars is consumable is beyond me.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
hey OP:

HTH!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Willie Tomg posted:

i disagree with what you say but i'll fight ethnic and religious minorities to the death for your right to say it

You sure you don't mean this???

Genocide apologist.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

TheImmigrant posted:

Disagree. Targeting people because of their membership in a group, e.g. religion, is textbook genocide. This is different from Srebrenica in degree, not kind.

Degree is important for genocide.

Definitions from 1959 may not be the greatest to use, although I have seen similar formulations in more recent writing.

Most scholarly papers on the topic I've read spent at least one long paragraph defining in detail what their definition is. There is no agreed upon single definition and it is recognized that this lack of consensus is a problem.

Genocide is generally a fairly vague term in a strict sense and discussions of genocide can become complicated because of that vagueness.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
If you want to point to genocide perpetrated against Christians by Muslims, the Armenian genocide fits the bill.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Or Obamacare!

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Tortuga posted:

Why can no black people swim?

Poverty and other factors, I hope this is of some help to your ignorance re: the world.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
it's def. genocide because brown skinned people you don't like did it to white people such as yourself

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

nakba.gif

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

#allpostsmatter

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

yes OP, using #killallmen on tumblr and twitter constitutes genocide against men.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
How many grains of sand does it take to commit a genocide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Good dogge.

• Locked thread